StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

New Feature: Separate No Repeat Rules
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Canada Arya
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 8715

Arya is offline View user's profile Send private message View Arya's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm...not really liking the longer wait for older stuff, but then I'm one of those people who likes a certain set of tracks and not much else. If I'm studying for exams and everything I like has been played, then there's the possibility that I won't be able to hear any of my favorites for the entire exam period. Not good.

Also, I know back when LOTR: ROTK could be requested more often because it was new I was ready to nuke that blasted soundtrack, I heard it so much...and I *like* LOTR. I hope similar things don't happen with popular new releases.

Those are just my thoughts, added quickly before I get dragged back into the Northern Wasteland again Razz
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, after a couple of months of the separate no repeat rules, I'm curious to know what people think of them.

Personally, I think the balance is just right. I confess I haven't been paying attention to the new stuff that much, but I'm glad that we didn't stick with 15 days for the older material. At first I thought 15 days would be good, since I rotate my personal collection once a month. But then again, when I want to hear a favorite from that collection, I just play it. 15 days would have been a bit too long here.

Anyone else have thoughts on this now?
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think with the addition of Your Favorites, 15 days is more feasible but probably not likely to be implemented soon.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
USA weaponlordzero
Captain
Captain

Member#: 15677

weaponlordzero is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View weaponlordzero's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:07 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I would still say I prefer not to go to 15 days. It just seems excessive in that even with a favorites list, if your favorites fall in line with many other persons' favorites, you may never get an opportunity to hear the track. It's a little bit of a craps roll to be able to request some of the tracks as it is and adding 5 more days would worsen the odds...
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:40 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel good with 10 days wait period.
I think there is no need to make it longer yet.
At least as general wait time for all tracks.

At this point - when SST's library is quite huge - there is no real need of making wait time for all the the tracks in the playlist longer than 10 days in my opinion. Because when we make it longer we are not only limiting our access to our fav tracks but we also are making it harder to request totally unknown stuff (and this area grows bigger and bigger every month)

I think what we could consider and discuss instead is implementing of the third wait period - exactly opposite to shorter wait time for the newest music. I mean if we have 10 days regular wait time and 4 days short time wait we could also introduce one more extraordinary time, a longer time ( for example 15 days) but only for some kind of tracks.

We could have 15 days wait time for the most played cues of course but I don't think it's the best idea possible.

My idea that just came to my mind is to consider introducing 15 days wait time for a user (SST member) and not for track (wait time for tracks should stay at 10 days regular and 4 days for new stuff).

I mean, if person A requested, let's say, track number 1 from LOTR: ROTK, the result could be she (or he) is unable to request that very track for 15 days but is able to request any other - not requested by this person in last 15 days - track on 10 or 4 days basis (depends on the date of uploading the score to SST).
In the same time the rest of SSTers (I mean those who didn't request that very track in last 15 days of course) can also request the first track of LOTR: ROTK on 10 days basis.

I know my idea could be controversial (I'm aware that our beloved tracks are those we would like to hear and request as often as possible). I think this idea may cause something like custom of "trading" requests in chat resulting in hearing any given track very often anyway. And third, I'm not even sure how much work it requires to make my idea happen. But this post is nothing more than invitation to a discussion.

BTW: Forgive me long post folks, please. Believe me, all I wanted to say at first, was just to tell I like 10 days period time Very Happy

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
Germany alien_avatar
Captain
Captain

Member#: 16007

alien_avatar is offline View user's profile Send private message View alien_avatar's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:47 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

molossus wrote:
BTW: Forgive me long post folks, please. Believe me, all I wanted to say at first, was just to tell I like 10 days period time

No forgiveness... no one else on the entire site ever does long posts... Razz

Seriously though, I'm against any sort of rule that imposes seperate repeat rules on anyone. Most times I really don't care who requests what when (never mind the ONE time where I desperately tried to request 'Malaguena' at any time during six weeks... Laughing)
Quite honestly I don't have any concrete reason to be against it... I just don't like it... *shrug*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: