StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Did I add this Amazon link right?

View previous topic :: View next topic 
UK mellowman
Captain
Captain

Member#: 2939

mellowman is offline View user's profile Send private message View mellowman's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:22 pm   Post subject: Did I add this Amazon link right? Reply with quote

I just added a link to The Untouchables at Amazon on this thread. I clicked on the link from the SST album page and then used that Amazon address as the link. Will that still earn the site commission if someone were to buy the CD from that link?
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I see our tag in there but I'm not sure if we would get credit. The easiest way to do it is copy the shortcut of the appropriate flag on any album page and replace the asin.

Code:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000002GFG/24fmll-20

Your link adds it directly into the cart but you don't need to do that in order for us to get credit. A simple like like the one above will work even if someone decides to buy something else or place that in their wishlist for a while and decide to buy it later.

Thanks for looking out for us!

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
UK mellowman
Captain
Captain

mellowman is offline View user's profile Send private message View mellowman's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:49 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

JERIC wrote:

Code:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000002GFG/24fmll-20

Your link adds it directly into the cart but you don't need to do that in order for us to get credit. A simple like like the one above will work even if someone decides to buy something else or place that in their wishlist for a while and decide to buy it later.

Thanks JERIC! I should have spotted that it goes directly to the cart and realised that wasn't the best idea. Anyway, I have been back and edited my post so that it has the line you suggest with the right ASIN. Hope that does it. I'll know for the future!
UK mellowman
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 5:15 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

This might be a really stupid question to ask but does SST get credit if we add Amazon links in this way to non-soundtrack CDs? I'm thinking of adding links in threads where we talk about other music like this one. Presumably you would just do the same thing with the line of code and ASIN number and away we go.
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 8:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, we'll get credit for anything you buy after clicking our affiliate link. So even if you buy a $500 digital camera, you'll be supporting us in a big way.

UK mellowman
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 3:20 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so a further question about this! If you add an Amzon link to a product other than a CD can we get credit for those too? I'm thinking of books at the moment - I have just posted the book I am reading now with a link to Amazon but books have ISBNs of course. Can you replace the ASIN for an ISBN? Or am I hoping for too much? Wink
Netherlands SiriusCreations VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 18704

SiriusCreations is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View SiriusCreations's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 4:43 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

mellowman wrote:
Ok, so a further question about this! If you add an Amzon link to a product other than a CD can we get credit for those too?

Yes see JERIC's post above Wink

mellowman wrote:
Can you replace the ASIN for an ISBN?

I think this is the right link:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0446673609/24fmll-20

And 0446673609 is the ISBN-10 number
UK mellowman
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 6:10 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

JERIC wrote:
Yes, we'll get credit for anything you buy after clicking our affiliate link. So even if you buy a $500 digital camera, you'll be supporting us in a big way.

SiriusCreations wrote:
Yes see JERIC's post above Wink

Duh! Embarassed You mean in answer to the last question I asked about this, Sirius? Sigh! I guess I was asking about the ISBN number more than anything else but frankly I should read a bit more before I post. Thanks for at least offering me the dignity of a wink!
Netherlands SiriusCreations VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 18704

SiriusCreations is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View SiriusCreations's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:58 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

mellowman wrote:
Thanks for at least offering me the dignity of a wink!

No problem like Billy Joel say: We are only human.

In my opinion we are here to help each other. And sometimes it is better to repeat an answer on a question that is already told. So new members who maybe look at the newet post also get to now it.
Germany alien_avatar
Captain
Captain

Member#: 16007

alien_avatar is offline View user's profile Send private message View alien_avatar's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:35 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so maybe this thread is old, but I'm still confused...

I just ordered some books from amazon.fr and for once I remembered that affiliate link thing.

So I went to a random album page ('X-Files, The Score', if it matters) and clicked on the little French flag. A window opened and presented me with the appropriate page. Looking at the address, I noticed that the affiliate link was somewhere in there. But since I didn't actually want to buy that particular score, I navigated through the site until I had the books I wanted in my shopping cart and went through the procedure you have to do in order to actually buy them. Got a confirmation, so everything is wonderfantastic on my side.

Long story short... did SST get anything out of it? I'm not really sure, and I can't remember seeing "our" affiliate code anywhere after I left the first page; the one I got after I clicked on the link on the SST album page.

Should I have added it manually at some point, or something?

I just wanna do my part... WAAAHHHHH!!! Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

We would get a commission based off the way you described. You may not see the affiliate code because amazon tends to change it once you arrive at the page. We do get credit for it though. Thank you for supporting us!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Help All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: