StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Request Netiquette: BEFORE YOU REQUEST, READ THIS!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 10:14 am   Post subject: Request Netiquette: BEFORE YOU REQUEST, READ THIS! Reply with quote

When requesting an album to be added to the playlist, please add as much information as possible.

The more information you provide will save us time and the request will be taken more seriously.

For Example:
Links, Reviews, Pictures, Audio Samples

October Sky - Mark Isham

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.

Last edited by JERIC on Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:41 am; edited 2 times in total
USA Goblinmoon
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 1999

Goblinmoon is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Goblinmoon's Favorites are Private
Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 4:32 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps Cocles in his FAQ or here, put an explanation of how to put the pictures in might help. Pasting a link is no problem but I've had trouble posting a pic, and I'm sure newbies generally will.

Goblin
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 5:44 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

We Interupt this Thread for a Special Report from the Cocmeister's vault of A's for the FQ's...

To insert an image all you need to do is post the link to the image with:

[img] at the front of the link and

[/img] at the end of it.

No spaces, no nothin'.

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 7:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

You can also try this. Paste the link to a picture in the text box, highlight it, then hit the [Img] above. That puts the code before and after automatically. Works for all the other buttons too.

Last edited by JERIC on Mon Sep 15, 2003 7:32 am; edited 1 time in total
USA jk2silly VIP (subscribed member)
Commander
Commander

Member#: 30

jk2silly is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View jk2silly's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 6:03 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I feeel it should be noted here that when one requests an album for addition to the site, the link that one provides MUST be for the legitimate purchase of a legitimate CD.
We DO NOT want links to someones collection of MP3's.
We DO NOT want legal troubles.
Jeric owns the CD for every one of his tracks and wishes to keep it this way. Remember guys. We are here as his guests so we play by his rules.

Well, nuff said on that and back to the fun.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 7:31 am   Post subject: Amazon.com Image+URL Source Code Reply with quote

Amazon.com Image+URL Source Code
The following code will give you the image and the URL to it at Amazon.com. Be sure to replace the ASIN twice within the code with the ASIN of the product you wish to post.

...amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000AYL1T/24fmll-20

...amazon.com/images/P/B0000AYL1T.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Code:
[url=http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000AYL1T/24fmll-20][img]http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000AYL1T.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg[/img][/url]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 7:35 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, please try to fit the title of your request in the subject line. This helps identify the thread easier. It would be difficult to look through a bunch of topics that say "A Suggestion".

USA jk2silly VIP (subscribed member)
Commander
Commander

Member#: 30

jk2silly is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View jk2silly's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 6:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeeze Jeric! You act like you have a real job or something and you only do this part time. Laughing Making you open a thread to see if you have read the original request already and go through the extra steps. We are such bastards for making you do that. Laughing

As you do have a real job and this a part time gig for you, anything that we as the users can do to ease your work and allow you to focus on site improvements we WILL ALL do. If your life is smooth then we all win in the end.
Commander

Member#: 980

Robert_Locksley is offline View user's profile Send private message Robert_Locksley's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 4:16 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm assuming if all we show is the link to Amazon, that is sufficient. They have reviews and some audio samples. And, obviously, the title in the subject line and picture of the CD.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 6:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

A link is a minimum requirement. Since Amazon does have the picture, audio samples, etc. a link will do most of the time. For stuff not available on Amazon you should provide as much info as you can. No such thing as too much.

Canada Robert_Locksley
Commander
Commander

Member#: 980

Robert_Locksley is offline View user's profile Send private message Robert_Locksley's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 1:50 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess my signature line says it all. Smile
Lieutenant

Member#: 8293

teachplus3 is offline View user's profile Send private message teachplus3's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand that Jeric owns all the CD's that he plays. I also understand that members have donated CD's to his Collection. Is there anyway that if I bought a CD online that I could have it sent to Jeric instead of me as a donation? Do I need to get that pecticular album approved before donating it?
Captain

Member#: 7505
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas, formerly from the Heart of Dixie

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

teachplus3 wrote:
I understand that Jeric owns all the CD's that he plays. I also understand that members have donated CD's to his Collection. Is there anyway that if I bought a CD online that I could have it sent to Jeric instead of me as a donation? Do I need to get that pecticular album approved before donating it?

teach - check out the Contribute link on the left of your screen. It will give you all the details. But read the very first post of this thread and it will tell you how to put a request for a CD, that way Jeric can check it out first, and if you are willing to be the one to buy it, be sure and put that in your request as well and Jeric will let you know whether or not it's approved Smile
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 90

Pixie is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Pixie's Favorites are Private
AIM Address ICQ Number
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:40 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Check this out: Contribute

As a side note, the stickies are probably not the best place to post questions...
-Pix
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

Member#: 7505
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas, formerly from the Heart of Dixie

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Pix, and now this is locked to prevent this in the future.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: