StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

What's the Problem?!?!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Germany Anakin33
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 23314

Anakin33 is offline View user's profile Send private message Anakin33's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:55 am   Post subject: What's the Problem?!?! Reply with quote

Many StreamingProblems.. Connectionproblems with the Stream and the site itself.

Please i want a statement.. What is the Problem..???
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:14 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what the exact issue is, but the "problem" as a whole is that the stations continue to be successful and we're once again experiencing growing pains. We recently added a second server to support the growing demand on the original. There were issues with the transition there, which is not unexpected. And, as an added "bonus" 1980s.fm was a "featured station" on Microsoft Media, giving us a huge jump in listeners right in the middle of working out the bugs in the transition. The spike in traffic is the likely cause of many of the problems. JERIC and Pesa in particular have been working around the clock to hold things together, and after a few days without sleep seem to be nearing the end of this particular adventure.

However, those of us who have been around for some time know that it's part of the "circle of life" here at SST. We grow too big for the current infrastructure, JERIC and the staff make Hurculean efforts to get things stable again, and we start growing.

When they're not too busy trying to fix the problems you can sometimes get updates here:

http://24sevenfm.wordpress.com/

or here:

http://24seven.fm/

However, usually for unplanned events they're too busy fixing issues to keep those current.

Does that help, Anakin33? Also, thanks for supporting SST by being a VIP.

jeff
sdg
Germany Anakin33
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 23314

Anakin33 is offline View user's profile Send private message Anakin33's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:57 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course it helps, i found SST long time ago on google and i like it Smile
The problems are anouying but we all stand to SST and hope, the good times will come back.
I support SST as a VIP Smile because i like good quality..

I hope all the problems can be fixed
UK AkuAku
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 21858

AkuAku is offline View user's profile Send private message AkuAku's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:53 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears that as far as the streams are concerned, the loading here is virtually as light as it can be, as most of the listeners are using the low bit rate streams.

The real problem is the power hungry web pages (which we all love) and the related database traffic at peak times.

JERIC is working to fix this. This is fixable, but we must be patient.

Using the lower bit rate streams when we can will help. Also closing SST web pages when we do not need them open and unnecessary moving around these pages during peak times will also help to reduce problems.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: