StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Interview: Jeric
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Germany alien_avatar
Captain
Captain

Member#: 16007

alien_avatar is offline View user's profile Send private message View alien_avatar's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:05 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice interview indeed. Smile
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:44 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Until someone steps up and translates for us, you can try this:

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fsleeplesszine.de%2Fhtml%2Fbody_interview_mit_jeric_von_death_.html&sl=de&tl=en&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

jeff
sdg
Germany alien_avatar
Captain
Captain

Member#: 16007

alien_avatar is offline View user's profile Send private message View alien_avatar's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

It's still bad, but slightly better than the pure Google translation. I hope JERIC will forgive me for putting words into his mouth.

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

Interview with JERIC of the online radio station Death.FM

The Sleepless team has started to have a look at various metal webradio station to find the best for you. Since it will yet take a while to evaluate these station regarding certain criteria (such as broadcast quality, accessibility and playlist), we'll publish in advance an interview with JERIC, the operator and owner of the Death and Black Metal Webradio Station Death.FM.

Sleepless: Hello JERIC, thanks for agreeing to have a short interview with our German underground magazine.
First question: How and when did you come into contact with Metal music?
JERIC: My uncle who is only ten years older than me, had the biggest influence on me as far as music is concerned. He introduced me to Pink Floyd and then to Metallica. I came into contact with Death Metal when I wanted "more" than Metallica. I found a compilation called "Death Is Just The Beginning II". Thanks, Nuclear Blast!

Sleepless: What did you like in Metal music, what gives you the feeling that it is something special?
JERIC: I like every kind of music that makes me feel emotions. That makes me think that Metal Music, and especially aggressive Death and Black Metal, has a very strong effect on the emotions. These emotions in connection with the music are very enjoyable to me.

Sleepless: What were the first bands that you've listened to?
JERIC: (Early) Amorphis, (early) Gorefest, Dismember, Hypocrisy, Bolt Thrower, Carcass, (early) Sinister Then Came, Cradle Of Filth, Emperor, Dimmu Borgir, Borkangar and Arcturus.

Sleepless: Was Death Metal your preferred metal genre ever since you started listening to metal, or were there other "sub-genres" that you liked?
JERIC: The "Black Album" (Metallica, Editor's note) and everything before that brought me very close to metal. Everything went very fast after that and I started searching for new bands, that introduced me to new sub-genres such as Death & Black Metal.

Sleepless: When did it first occur to you to create a metal webradio station?
JERIC: When I noticed that I'd sort of lost sight, due to my other webradion station (Editor's note: Streaming Soundtracks; film music). I already had a very large collection of metal music, but I couldn't listen to it very often. I had the idea that a new webradio station - one created after the same "formula" as SST (Streaming Soundtracks) - would enable me to listen to more metal. I'm happy to have made that decision, and I hope that many other people feel the same way!

Sleepless: What were your goals when you created a webradio station such as Death.FM?
JERIC: During its creation I had rather similar reasons as when I created SST; to make a place where I could listen to music and where I could meet people who had similar interests. One day I hope I'll be able to listen to my radio stations in near-CD quality, while I'm driving on the highway.

Sleepless: Was it very hard to make everything work?
JERIC: Not really, but that was only because I could use SSt (Streaming Soundtracks) as a template. SST has been developing over the years, and is the product of many hours of hard work by both myself and other volunteers.

Sleepless: Are there some metal genres you'll never play on Death.Fm; things like Power Metal or the like?
JERIC: I want to stay mainly with Death & Black Metal. However, metal genres often overlap. My usual criterium is that the album has to have some Growl-like vocals. So it happens that sometimes other metal styles that have been influenced by Death & Black Metal will be added, such as Grind, Gothic Metal, Doom, or even Metalcore. We will never play Nu-Metal or Bubblegum-Metal.

Sleepless: What do you think of the development of Death.Fm?
JERIC: I am very proud of what has been achieved, but I see much room for improvement.

Sleepless: What were your best and worst experiences you had with your webradio, and what don't you like right now?
JERIC: The worst moments are when people are ungrateful. The best moments are when people show that they are happy, for example when they've discovered new bands by listening to webradio.

Sleepless: How do you pay for the webradio?
JERIC: I pay for it myself, and some of the members donate money, and some money comes in through advertising.

Sleepless: What would you never change on your station?
JERIC: Well, I'd never add a load of music that I can't stand. Some people would like to see certain bands in the playlist, but I won't add them because I can't tolerate them in the slightest. If I lose interest, we all will lose something. So I have to try and keep everything as enjoyable as possible, and I hope people will understand that.

Sleepless: What do you think of today's metal scene?
JERIC: These days I don't go out as much as I used to, therefore I feel somewhat alienated from today's metal scene. Furthermore, it heavily depends on where you live. Richmond does have a few good places. Despite these difficulties, my metal world is primarily connected to Death.Fm. Fortunately there is a large number of people involved in this community, and through them I learn about news and new bands. In return I share my knowledge. I think that this is a wonderful and entertaining relationship.

The Sleeplesszine thanks JERIC very much for the interview and for his patience with the long time until it was published.

The interview was conducted via e-mail.

Marius
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:04 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Alien for your translation. It was really helpful.

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:10 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, alien.

jeff
sdg
Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

More interview questions:

- Why soundtracks were your first choice for webradio theme (and not metal or 1980s music etc.)?

- What can you say about BQ's role in inventing or maintaining SST?

- Today we have group of outstanding admins and mods helping you to keep SST the best soundtrack radio in the world. Did SST have any admins or mods in the very beginning or were you working on the station and website alone at the start? What the first ever crew looked like? (could you tell us the names of first Admins & Mods, or reflect a bit on the first days of SST in general?)

- Did you experience moments when SST's existence has been endangered? What were the main threats over the years (hackers?, costs?, legal issues?, naughty users maybe? Wink )

UK thejoyrider
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 8986

thejoyrider is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View thejoyrider's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:52 pm   Post subject: Re: Interview: Jeric Reply with quote

Chandler wrote:

I contacted his agency

lol Surprised
UK thejoyrider
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

thejoyrider is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View thejoyrider's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

alien_avatar wrote:

Sleepless: What would you never change on your station?
JERIC: Well, I'd never add a load of music that I can't stand. Some people would like to see certain bands in the playlist, but I won't add them because I can't tolerate them in the slightest. If I lose interest, we all will lose something. So I have to try and keep everything as enjoyable as possible, and I hope people will understand that.
Marius

he has changed since then. i know he adds donations out of kindness and will add them knowing others will like them regardless of whether he personally enjoyed the album itself. he does on occassion remove tracks that he thinks sucks but on sst, this is seldom.
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:43 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

thejoyrider wrote:

he has changed since then. i know he adds donations out of kindness

It's rather obvious we've got here more music than just JERIC's favs (and it's good) but I don't think JERIC adds music just out of kindness. My experience so far tells me a different story (and I hope it will be continued).

BTW: My english is not the best, but I also feel that "music that I can't stand" and "I can't tolerate them in the slightest" is something different than "music I don't enjoy". I suspect there is a lot of room for music between "music I don't enjoy" and "music I can't stand".
Personally I'm happy JERIC adds here good quality albums he tolerates and not just what he enjoys.

Edit: I'm still waiting for the interview! Smile

UK thejoyrider
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:30 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

molossus wrote:

I don't think JERIC adds music just out of kindness. My experience so far tells me a different story

tell me.
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:49 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

To keep it short: I have been donating stuff to 24seven.FM stations (mostly SST) for some time and not everything JERIC got from me finished up in the playlists. For me, JERIC makes his own and final choice and decision on whether to upload the music or not.

BTW: I'm trying to keep my support reasonable (I mean, I listen to what I got thinking of SST first and not everything goes to JERIC. I do my own selection too).

UK thejoyrider
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:30 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

molossus wrote:
To keep it short: I have been donating stuff to 24seven.FM stations (mostly SST) for some time and not everything JERIC got from me finished up in the playlists. For me, JERIC makes his own and final choice and decision on whether to upload the music or not.

ive never had this problem and ive sent cds all the time. its best to let jeric and moderators like buyerqueen, natedog, sirius, j2 etc a mention too to see if its sutiable. even better is to make a thread like what i do too see if people care or not.

perhaps you can name the cds that werent added. maybe pm me. id rather not this thread become awkward for people.
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

You can have your point of view thejoyrider, of course. And I don't think naming those CDs will change it.

USA BuyerQueen
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 89

BuyerQueen is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View BuyerQueen's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

thejoyrider wrote:
and moderators like buyerqueen

I'm an administrator, not a moderator. Just an fyi, I'm not mad or anything. Wink

BQ
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

...and yet she so couldn't stand the thought of you calling her a lowly moderator that she had to post...

Wink

*crawls back to his hole*

jeff
sdg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: