StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Amazon's MP3 Store
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
jbarta VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 10794

jbarta is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View jbarta's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Gotta love capitalism and competition!

Nice Update J2!

J.
Captain

Member#: 15677

weaponlordzero is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View weaponlordzero's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:37 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have an ipod either. I would like one and I accept donations Smile. I actually have a motorola slivr L7 phone that has a basic mp3 player though. It will only play mp3's to 198k. I don't know how long it will take to get to lossless like JERIC said... There is a lot of storage and bandwidth to consider with the higher file sizes.
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:04 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the Apple update, j2. Unfortunately, I can't buy that level of music from them without updating iTunes. I've tried that. Twice. There were enough bugs and, well, plain differences from my current setup, I refuse to do it again unless I absolutely have to. I prefer CDs anyway.
Captain
Captain

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:04 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is pretty dead, but I thought I'd chime in with a more knowledgeable opinion of Amazon's music store. The verdict? I like it. I've only bought a handful of tracks, but the price is good, the sample rate is better, and they have a widget which makes their downloads integrate seamlessly into iTunes, complete with album artwork.

I don't buy digital music downloads that often; I do prefer CDs. (I should enjoy them while they last: http://www.economist.com/business/displaystory.cfm?story_id=10498664) But from now on, when I do buy digital downloads, I will do it through Amazon. The big reason? Aside from those above, I don't want to be a slave to Apple's compression format, which can only be played on their equipment or applications. The newer iterations of iTunes are ugly and buggly. Someday, I may want to ditch my iPod. Also, the tracks at Amazon are DRM-free, so once I buy it, it's mine with no restrictions. I don't swap or steal music online; and I'd rather not be treated like I do. (Okay, I used to, but it was pretty low-key, and I've since then given it up.)

Anyone else have an opinion on this?
USA Luther_III
Commander
Commander

Member#: 10621

Luther_III is offline View user's profile Send private message View Luther_III's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:12 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I went on an iTunes kick for a while, but I've swung back toward sticking with CD's except for occasional purchases. The reason... well, mainly, it's a built-in backup system: buy the CD, rip it to iTunes, no need to make a backup copy.

I've noticed iTunes Plus tracks have gone to 256K, DRM-free, for $0.99, to match Amazon. I still don't think I'll be swayed for the time being, though. Also, the selection at Amazon is lousy if you're into anything but pop. (iTunes is a little better.)

Now, what to do with that iTunes gift card I got for Christmas?...

Mr. Green
Captain
Captain

weaponlordzero is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View weaponlordzero's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using Napster for quite some time. Although the sample rate is ok and the drm is there, they DO have a good selection...
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:07 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

As everyone on this site knows, I love Napster's free service, which has let me preview a good deal of music. For instance, I have learned that no matter how gorgeous the cover art is for Vas, their music holds no interest for me. Also, the score for The Golden Compass is kinda dull. Always good to learn this sort of thing for free. The selection can be hit-or-miss; it's probably better if you actually pay for it.

It's true that Amazon's selection is smaller than iTunes, but they're new. I expect this will change. And you can get some really interesting stuff. For example, the 10th anniversary concert performance of Tanz der Vampire is there, which would cost you a chunk of change to get as a CD import.

I have the following motto: "Fast, cheap, or good. Pick two." iTunes is fast and cheap, but their applications tick me off, so it's less good. I refuse to upgrade my iTunes because of the bugs I don't believe they've fixed, so I can't use iTunes-plus. Amazon is fast, cheap, and better for me because of the format. CDs, always my favorite (Luther's point about the backup system is spot on; also, just better quality), are good, but seldom fast and cheap at once.
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:31 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, much has changed in a year. Okay, not really. Napster has disappointed me by adding a 25-song limit per month to their free service. But Amazon's mp3 store is going strong.

I'm gravedigging in this thread to let you know that Amazon is currently giving away the one score track from the soundtrack for He's Just Not That Into You, if that sort of thing appeals.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001QP7QXW/24fmll-20
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice find Lady and thanks for sharing!

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Nate
Captain
Captain

aw

Member#: 8729

Nate is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Nate's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:01 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

LadyInque wrote:
Wow, much has changed in a year. Okay, not really. Napster has disappointed me by adding a 25-song limit per month to their free service. But Amazon's mp3 store is going strong.

I'm gravedigging in this thread to let you know that Amazon is currently giving away the one score track from the soundtrack for He's Just Not That Into You, if that sort of thing appeals.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001QP7QXW/24fmll-20

Thanks LadyInque! I went ahead and downloaded the track from amazon because you can't beat free Laughing
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:45 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

natedogg_23 wrote:
you can't beat free Laughing

Unless someone starts a "we'll pay you to download our music" campaign.

jeff
sdg
Netherlands SiriusCreations VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 18704

SiriusCreations is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View SiriusCreations's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:37 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

btw I am wondering if we get some commision if we download this free one with the affiliate code Wink
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:42 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Another bit of news from Amazon. Not free, but close enough. This weekend, the score for Coraline, as an mp3 album, is only $5.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001QSEA2E/24fmll-20

Personally, I respect the score more than I like it, so I'll pass. But I know it has some fans here.

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:24 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting that Lady.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
USA weaponlordzero
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought it! Thanks LadyI!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: