StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

How many Soundtracks do you own?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Netherlands Emile
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 1192

Emile is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Emile's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 3:45 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

i have 20 soundtracks, i think.......
some scores, some not......
Servo
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 2781

Servo is offline View user's profile Send private message Servo's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 2:43 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, all...

I'd say I've got about 20 or so. The number varies based on whether or not you'd count multiple versions of soundtracks. For example, I bought the classic Star Wars trilogy on CD when Arista came out with it in '95, then bought all the Special Edition CDs (with longer cuts, unreleased tracks, and music created especially for the SE) when they came out in '97. I'm counting each film in the trilogy seperately though I bought them as a set; I'm not counting double CDs for the same movie, though, which would make the number go up if I did. I'm also not counting vinyl versions of soundtracks at the moment.

It might be fun if everyone listed what they owned, but that would be mainly for the people who have less than 100, I guess. The person who owns 1200 would have to give up their job to list all of those!
phexus
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 2416

phexus is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website phexus's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 7:10 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, Ill be the first person to list em all...

Amelie
Bio-Dome
Banjo-Kazooie
Benny and Joon
Batman Forever (Score)
Batman & Robin
Braveheart
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon
The English Patient
Edward Scissorhands
Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within
The Fifth Element
Fight Club
Hackers
The Hunt For Red October
The Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
The Matrix
Mission Impossible 2 (Score)
Mortal Kombat Annihilation
Office Space
Princess Mononoke
Road To Perdition
The Rock
Snow Falling On Cedars
Spider-Man
Shakespeare In Love
Music From the Star Wars Saga
Star Wars Episode I
Shine
Saturday Night Fever
Wedding Singer
X-Files the movie

Some of those are CRAP from my younger days Smile
Cadet 4

Servo is offline View user's profile Send private message Servo's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 2:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Most impressive. Here's my list:

Back to the Future Trilogy (1 disc)
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Once More with Feeling
Dick*
Dream a Little Dream
Flintstones (the show, not the movie)
Goonies (pop score, not instrumental like the cool one on this site)
Head (1968 Monkees movie)
Hook
Labyrinth
Lion King
Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring
Moulin Rouge, Vol. 1
The Muppet Show: 25th Anniversary Collection (1 disc)
Newsies
Quantum Leap
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Star Wars, The Phantom Menace (single-disc version)
Star Wars Trilogy (Arista, 1995, 4 discs)
Star Wars, A New Hope: Special Edition (2 discs)
Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back: SE (2 discs)
Star Wars, Return of the Jedi: SE (2 discs)

*Note about Dick: To clear up any confusion, this is a comedy about Richard Nixon. I only bought this soundtrack because it had one original song by my favorite group, Sixpence None the Richer.

Gosh, I could have sworn I had more soundtracks than this. There probably are, but they're back home in IL and I can't remember 'em all. (I recently moved to CA and could only bring so much with me.) I also had the Attack of the Clones soundtrack, but someone stole that, and I also had the Shadows of the Empire soundtrack, but that simply got lost--not a big loss there, actually. I also have a VeggieTales soundtrack, but I only play that for my little nephews.

As with Phexus, there are some on the list that are kind of embarrassing now. On the other hand, there's some cool stuff on this list that's not on the Playlist, and I'd be happy to download it at anyone's request. I know (since they use the Special Editions of all the Star Wars movies) that we ought to at least get "Lapti Nek" and the original version of the final celebration dance from Return of the Jedi on here, since the SE's don't have that. Smile
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 4:40 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Servo wrote:
...and I'd be happy to download it at anyone's request.

Welcome Servo,

Please do not use SST's chatboard or forum as a conduit for music piracy. As a newbie, I suggest you check out my FAQ over in the FAQ section. It'll be a good introduction for yeh.
Servo
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 1:30 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Cocles,

My apologies. When I saw the 5 or 6 new soundtracks listed on the page every day followed by a statement to the effect of "Thank you aliotsy and dspeck for your donations!" I thought people were donating SOUNDTRACKS to the site. Apparently the idea is that people donate money and then Jeric goes out and buys more soundtracks. I get it now.

Believe me, I am NOT trying to support piracy. As an arist myself, piracy is one of those things that just makes me livid. Though I guess it wasn't clear, I was not offering the music to just anyone willy-nilly; I was trying to make a contribution to this site as a show of goodwill. In retrospect, though, I guess the difference is largely neglible. Again, I apologize. The offer was not made out of a lack of concern, just simple confusion. Won't happen again.

Servo
Servo
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 1:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S. Gosh, I really screwed up, didn't I? I just really noticed what I wrote -- "I'd be happy to download it at anyone's request." What I meant by "anyone" was if anyone asked, I'd offer it to this site, not to them. Again, I suppose there's not much difference, except in my mind at the time I was writing.

Sorry I'm going on and on about this. If you knew how much I'm always arguing with others against piracy, you'd know why I'm so mortified at my own bad statement here. Sorry.
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 6:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem. I really recommend reading FAQ to you and all newcomers.

When people are thanked for donating a Soundtrack it means they've actually given him the original CD itself by snail mailing it to him.

Jeric owns an original CD of every soundtrack SST broadcasts.
USA jk2silly VIP (subscribed member)
Commander
Commander

Member#: 30

jk2silly is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View jk2silly's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 11:47 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

It's OK Servo. We appreciate your willingness to contribute either CD's or money to help the noble cause. Welcome to the gang!
Cadet 3

Member#: 2713

JuanPrimo is offline View user's profile Send private message JuanPrimo's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 12:39 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get it, a score is a score, if I bought or downloaded it, doesn't matter according to myself! have bought about 60 scores, the rest is downloaded ....and rare stuff ....I can show u my list.....if u want to ...don't know how thou...
Caliburn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 1:40 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

JuanPrimo wrote:
I don't get it, a score is a score, if I bought or downloaded it

A bought score is a score you like. You like that score so much that you want to pay the artist for the work he has done. That will make the artist very happy and he will continue his work as a composer.

A downloaded score can be two things:

- a temporare solution. You want to 'test' a score before buying it. Or it is not out yet (in your country) and you want to 'prelisten' it.

- you download it without intention to buy it.

I know people do that, and I have no right to judge you on that. But if you investigated more in this site before bragging about your collection, you would have found out that piracy is not appreciated here. Not a challenge to find out about that, it is in the FAQ:
FAQ wrote:

Q: Are there any rules for the Forum or Chat?
A: Good Question. Nothing set in stone, but here are a few suggestions. Don't use the Forum or Chat for facilitating the trade, sharing or whatever of pirated songs. In other words, don't involve SST.

You got 1600+ downloaded scores, your choice. But dont brag about it. It is not even a big issue if I want to download scores I can get that many in a year too.

My advice to you, stop mentioning that huge collection maybe we forget about it. And read before you post.

My 2 eurocents.

PS. I dont like this thread, to me it is just a brag-thread about who got the most scores.
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 6:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

JuanPrimo wrote:
I don't get it, a score is a score, if I bought or downloaded it, doesn't matter according to myself!

Then you're a communist.

We believe in the ownership of ideas here. If a soundtrack is readily available for purchase and you donwload it instead you are stealing.

So not only are you a commie, you're a thief.

While downloading soundtracks that are not available could be seen as a grey area, we still don't support it here, and our listeners certainly don't boast and brag about it.

Personally I suspect you might be making all this up to get a reaction. Good for you. But if you're serious, stop being a doofus and get a clue.
USA Legolas
Commander
Commander

Member#: 178

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 9:49 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

In the double "D" (DOOFUS DEFENSE)

I will say what he told me in the Chat Very Happy

24 Aug 03 - 18:50 > Cocles: Juan, you are a newb. You're brand new to the site and you haven't even read the FAQ.

24 Aug 03 - 14:41 > JuanPrimo: so if you really like that music I think it's fair to get the unofficial,

24 Aug 03 - 14:39 > JuanPrimo: not every album is released, example days of thunder etc....

24 Aug 03 - 14:33 > JuanPrimo: "contact" doesn't have to mean that i'm talking to him on the phone....just so u know

24 Aug 03 - 14:32 > JuanPrimo: and don't call me a newbie plzz, call me what u want but not that cuze there u are wrong

24 Aug 03 - 14:32 > JuanPrimo: ok well it doesn't matter to me if you believe me, but i'm telling the truth..how come I was one of the first ones who got the outtakes to pearl harbor for example...trough his secretary at his cousins office

24 Aug 03 - 14:30 > Legolas: anyways newbie. I am done with work, so go blow some smoke else where, I am out. C-ya

24 Aug 03 - 14:29 > Legolas: in "contact" with mr zimmer... i doubt its the mr zimmer you are trying to have us think... I am guessing its more or less some guy who happens to share the same last name...

24 Aug 03 - 14:28 > Legolas: Dude try paying for music.... but yes we do like all the music from films...(if its good )

24 Aug 03 - 14:27 > Legolas: No cause you area dumb newbie

24 Aug 03 - 14:19 > JuanPrimo: so isn't there anyone who agree with me when I say that I want to enjoy all the music from the movie??

24 Aug 03 - 14:16 > JuanPrimo: and I think I know a lot more people who knows this stuff

24 Aug 03 - 14:15 > JuanPrimo: so if you see a movie and realize that the music you heard on is not on the album, i'm not saying that it is I who bootlegs them, the composers do, i'm in contact with Mr zimmer so plz spare me your false accuses

24 Aug 03 - 14:13 > JuanPrimo: what are u talking about

24 Aug 03 - 14:07 > Legolas: blah blah blah, "a real score fan bootlegs them" yeah cause he really is a cheap ass who can't respect and honour the work the composers do.

24 Aug 03 - 14:06 > Legolas: jaun you should be deported

24 Aug 03 - 13:03 > Cal: Have you even read my post?

24 Aug 03 - 13:03 > Cal: dont 'justify' piracy on this site

24 Aug 03 - 12:57 > JuanPrimo: alla my downloaded ones are better cuze it's either bootlegs, complete score, expanded , promotional etc.. we who loves moviescores think this is better cuze we want to hear all the msic from the film....that's why

24 Aug 03 - 12:56 > JuanPrimo: I have about 1000 scores, someone said that if the soundtrack isn't bought it's not countable...

So there ya have it! He is in contact with MR. ZIMMER. all is well. He knows everything, and what he does is totally cool cause he is a "real film music fan" Unlike Jeric who pays for his ST's. Jeric is "SOOOO" not a true Soundtrack fan, silly wannabie. Wink

Laughing

[/b]
USA jk2silly VIP (subscribed member)
Commander
Commander

Member#: 30

jk2silly is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View jk2silly's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 11:37 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeric buys his soundtracks... What a looser!
Laughing

This thread has gotten very interesting lately.
Commander

Member#: 178

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 12:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Did ya pcik up on the sarcasim in my last post? Cause I thought I laid it on pretty thick. Razz
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: