StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Nicholas Hooper

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Composers
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Nate
Captain
Captain

aw

Member#: 8729

Nate is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Nate's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:04 am   Post subject: Nicholas Hooper Reply with quote

This thread is for all things regarding Nicholas Hooper. Talk about anything and everything regarding this composer including current or future releases, news updates, interviews, audio samples, etc. Here are a few links which give some basic information regarding the composer:

Nicholas Hooper SoundTrack Collector Filmography
Nicholas Hooper Wikipedia
Nicholas Hooper IMDB
Nicholas Hooper Albums on SST

Last edited by Nate on Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
USA JadedTitan VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 19134

JadedTitan is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View JadedTitan's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well here is a new one, a live talking audio interview! Nicholas talks about his work on his score for the 5th Harry Potter movie, working with the director to find his unique style for the music and putting his own spin on the series.

Interview
Commander

Member#: 15310

zgurl49 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View zgurl49's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

You know I liked the Harry Potter 5 album but it just didn't seem like Harry Potter to me you know?

After having Williams score the first 3 movies certain aspects and themes just became Harry Potter.

When Doyle did the 4th film he adapted some of those themes and gave his own spin on it but it still sounded like Harry Potter.

With Hooper I felt he missed the mark. I loved the score on its own but as a Harry Potter score? Just didn't do anything for me.
Commander

zgurl49 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View zgurl49's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:09 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some score clips from Harry Potter 6 --- they say it's official but I don't know how reliable the source is. Either way, the clips sound great!

Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:15 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

An exclusive video on the new Harry Potter soundtrack scoring with Nicholas Hooper and the orchestra recording in London. Very cool video!!

Captain

Member#: 22196

Dutchbat is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dutchbat's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicholas is now busy working on a score for "the Chimps" according to Alastair King who filled in for Nicholas during the International Filmmusic Symposium. Alastair will be conducting friday's concert with Harry Potter music.
Through Alastair I invited Nicholas to take a look at this site/thread and maybe tell us some more about his work.

take a look at my collection: My album list

Last edited by Dutchbat on Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Netherlands girlfriend
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

aw

Member#: 22761

girlfriend is offline View user's profile Send private message View girlfriend's Favorites
AIM Address
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:47 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry to hear that you did not meet Nicholas Hooper in person, but I'm sure you gonne enjoy the concert!
Cadet 1

Member#: 31460

AlastairKing is offline View user's profile Send private message AlastairKing's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Yes, sadly Nick didn't make the wonderful Gala Concert in Vienna but I have passed on messages/requests to him. He is busy on a Nature movie called (at the moment and it may very well change) "Chimps" that is the follow-up to another Disney Nature feature called "African Cats" which came out earlier this year in the US and should be released this Autumn in Europe.

Both films are very much driven by the music as there isn't so much dialogue between the animals! Nick did a great job on African Cats and we had a pretty much Harry Potter-size orchestra to work with. Chimps should be scoring early next year and I know Nick is very excited about the music he's written for it already.

Shame he couldn't make Vienna but I thoroughly enjoyed being the stand-in guy!

Alastair
Netherlands Dutchbat
Captain
Captain

Member#: 22196

Dutchbat is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dutchbat's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:48 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear that news, Alastair.
Luckily you found the forum and SST. if you have any critical points tell me, if you like it tell others Smile
As soon, or if, new scores from Nick (or you) are being released tell us and i'll make sure we will upload them in the database.

take a look at my collection: My album list
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Composers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: