StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Currently playing and music out of synch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
umbralwarrior
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 24663

umbralwarrior is offline View user's profile Send private message umbralwarrior's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:37 pm   Post subject: Currently playing and music out of synch Reply with quote

Hi,

Not sure if there is anything that can be done about this but (to me at least) the track playing can be over a minute behind the display on SST (so the Now playing switches to the next track whilst the current track still has over a minute to play).

Is there any way of keeping these in synch?
Nate
Captain
Captain

aw

Member#: 8729

Nate is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Nate's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:51 pm   Post subject: Re: Currently playing and music out of synch Reply with quote

umbralwarrior wrote:
Hi,

Not sure if there is anything that can be done about this but (to me at least) the track playing can be over a minute behind the display on SST (so the Now playing switches to the next track whilst the current track still has over a minute to play).

Is there any way of keeping these in synch?

This is a pretty normal thing, the stream generally lags the actual now playing information on the site. The lag can vary and you can sometimes restart the stream and get less lag.

There isn't anything that can be done to get them both to be exactly in sync though.
France Alchemist VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 4272

Alchemist is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Alchemist's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:15 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

A brief technical explanation: all players stores a few seconds of the stream to prevent music interruptions. This buffer can vary, but in all cases it means that a player is never playing a real time stream, but rather what it has in its buffer. Mmm, is it understandable? I'm not very good at vulgarization Smile
USA Twopop VIP (subscribed member)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 7382

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:44 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I get lag on all the players except for the Live365 desktop player. It's available on Live365.

It is always totally in sync with SST (and all of the 24Seven.fm stations), has Pre-sets, and the album info is visible on your desktop at all times. I've used it for 5 years - love it.
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 8:55 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Note: Only thing about the Live365 player is that we don't get any commission for sales coming from it. So come to SST first if you want us to get a commission from stuff you buy from Amazon.com.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
USA Twopop VIP (subscribed member)

Member#: 7382

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 12:06 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

JERIC wrote:
come to SST first if you want us to get a commission from stuff you buy from Amazon.com.

Good point. Thanks for pointing that out.

Whenever any of my family or friends are buying something from Amazon, I suggest they go via SST (even though most are not SSTers.) It only takes a couple extra seconds to do that.

So to everyone reading this, when you know a friend, roommate, SO, family, etc. is buying a download or item, please ask them to do the same. It's just a couple more clicks.

btw - I just bought a GPS from Amazon via the SST link. Thanks to your suggestion, JERIC, I signed up for Amazon Prime shipping last year. On this order I opted for 2-day shipping. It was on my desk in less than 24 hours! Man, I love it!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: