StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Riddles & thinking puzzles...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Playground
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like killing the fun of this thread by sharing a story problem. Such problems are the bane of elementary school math, but this one comes courtesy of "Scrubs." First, watch the first 20 seconds of this clip:

So... how much did Turk pay Ted's band to play the church?
Spoiler:
$8, so $2 for each member of the band.
USA weaponlordzero
Captain
Captain

Member#: 15677

weaponlordzero is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View weaponlordzero's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:44 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you prepped me to listen, I was able to do it easily Wink
Commodore

Member#: 10213

Cinder is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Cinder's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to say I got 19 0f 20. I missed #4.. just never read that cartoon, but should have known better!

thanks Maddy and Bruiser.
Admiral (Administrator)

aw

Member#: 333

Muriel is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Muriel's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I got 8... 10 if you count two lucky educated guesses. The other ones were way beyond me. Commercials and pop culture I've never even seen nor heard about.
Seems I'm not quite as old as I fear I am at times... also not being American might be a contributing factor Wink
Netherlands SiriusCreations VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 18704

SiriusCreations is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View SiriusCreations's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:24 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I dig out tiny caves, and store gold and silver in them. I also build bridges of silver and make crowns of gold. They are the smallest you could imagine. Sooner or later everybody needs my help, yet many people are afraid to let me help them. Who am I?

Spoiler:
I am a Dentist

USA Cinder VIP (subscribed member)
Commodore
Commodore

Cinder is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Cinder's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:43 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a quiz for people who know everything! I found out in a hurry that I didn't. These are not trick questions. They are straight questions with straight answers.
You should have paper and pencil ready. There are a couple that are a list of items.

1. Name the one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends.

2. What famous North American landmark is constantly moving backward?

3. Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons. All other vegetables must be replanted every year. What are the only two perennial vegetables?

4. What fruit has its seeds on the outside?

5. In many liquor stores, you can buy pear brandy, with a real pear inside the bottle. The pear is whole and ripe, and the bottle is genuine; it hasn't been cut in any way. How did the pear get inside the bottle?

6. Only three words in standard English begin with the letters "dw," and they are all common words. Name two of them.

7. There are 14 punctuation marks in English grammar. Can you name at least half of them?

8. Name the only vegetable or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form except fresh.

9. Name six or more things that you can wear on your feet beginning with the letter "S."

NO peeking
Be sure you let other readers know how well you did!!!!
Ok ready.. let's see how you did.

Answers to Quiz:

1. Boxing

2. Niagara Falls (The rim is worn down about two-and-a-half feet each year because of the millions of gallons of water that rush over it every minute.)

3. Asparagus and rhubarb.

4. Strawberry.

5. It grew inside the bottle. (The bottles are placed over pear buds when they are small and are wired in place on the tree. The bottle is left in place for the entire growing season. When the pears are ripe, they are snipped off at the stems.)

6. Dwarf, dwell and dwindle.

7. Period, comma, colon, semicolon, dash, hyphen, apostrophe, question mark, exclamation point, quotation marks, brackets, parenthesis, braces, and ellipses.

8. Lettuce.

9. Shoes, socks, sandals, sneakers, slippers, skis, skates, snowshoes, stockings, stilts.
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:49 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I got ...

4. What fruit has its seeds on the outside?

5. In many liquor stores, you can buy pear brandy, with a real pear inside the bottle. The pear is whole and ripe, and the bottle is genuine; it hasn't been cut in any way. How did the pear get inside the bottle?

6. Only three words in standard English begin with the letters "dw," and they are all common words. Name two of them.
{only 2 of the 3}

7. There are 14 punctuation marks in English grammar. Can you name at least half of them?
, . ? {} [],() (...) that is an ellipses - ! "so" ' ; :

8. I got 4 most of my answers did not fit!

how did you do?
Captain

weaponlordzero is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View weaponlordzero's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:38 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well,
I got #4,
I got just dwindle on #6,
I guessed 10 of the punctuation marks on #7,
and got #9

Smile sooooo that's three and 1/3 Smile

Last edited by weaponlordzero on Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Germany alien_avatar
Captain
Captain

Member#: 16007

alien_avatar is offline View user's profile Send private message View alien_avatar's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:45 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the answers right to 4, 5, 6 & 9... and 7 (almost Wink)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:09 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Cinder wrote:

1. Name the one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends.

(...)

1. Boxing

I'm not a boxing fan, so maybe I'm wrong, but let me tell you that I'm not sure here. As far as I remember for at least couple of years now it probably has been possible to know what are judges' scores after every round of the bout. I'm sure it has been that way for example in Olipmic Games, lately.

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigh. All of this has happened before, all of it will happen again.

Strawberries aren't fruit with the seeds on the outside. They're swollen stems, related to roses, with tiny fruits on the outside. Inside the tiny fruit are the even tinier seeds.
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ewwww... as the saying goes... Thank you very much Ms. LadyInque. Sorry you had such a bad day.. I will try to only put up stuff that meets your approval!!!
or ....don't bother to read.
Just trying for light hearted fun!
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:15 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

LadyInque wrote:
Sigh. All of this has happened before, all of it will happen again.

Strawberries aren't fruit with the seeds on the outside. They're swollen stems, related to roses, with tiny fruits on the outside. Inside the tiny fruit are the even tinier seeds.

ha ha I remembered that very conversation when I read the question lol Smile
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 3:35 am   Post subject: Name that movie Reply with quote

Love a good puzzle!!!
Not a word one so much, love jigsaw ones, but one that represents something.
Had a fella here who a couple years ago at Halloween came in with one that had like 40 little pictures that represent a title to a movie. Great fun.

Well the busy Moderator Nate has found another.
If you fancy yourself a movie buff and know it all, try this puzzle posted by old Nate. I am hooked. Been at it about 2 hours.. not quite half done.
Sunday night, wee hours Monday morning!
good luck.
Post your winning time when you get one!

http://www.empireonline.com/crypticcanvas/
Admiral (Administrator)

aw

Member#: 333

Muriel is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Muriel's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 4:41 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang you, Cinder! You just ruined my evening Razz

It was fun playing one of those games again. It's been a while since I posted the one that caused the US to get to a standstill Razz

I have all 50 answers now thanks to cooperating with TwoPop (and with a big help from Google), so I can PM hints and the full list of movies for those who are stuck and want to cheat like I did Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Playground All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: