StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Michael Jackson 1958 - 2009 RIP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA AK-Mal_Owner
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 4415

AK-Mal_Owner is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AK-Mal_Owner's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:27 am   Post subject: Michael Jackson 1958 - 2009 RIP Reply with quote

Whether you loved him or hated him, he was certainly a performer and he was good. I grew up listening to MJ in the 80's and before that as part of the Jackson 5. That's how I prefer to remember him, and as Linkin Park suggests "Leave out all the rest." I never did get to see him in concert, but I did get to see him in person once. I was looking forward to seeing if he had any new material to go with the concert. I can only assume now, that if there were any new recordings, they will be tied up in court for sometime as the estate is settled.

Even today, I can't just sit and listen to "Beat It" or "Thriller" w/o at least attempting to do some of the choreography. Makes driving a bit difficult at times.

-tg/akm
USA Twopop VIP (subscribed member)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 7382

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for posting this memoriam, AK.

I love Michael Jackson's music. It spans all age groups. It influenced music and dance the world over. Songs decades old are as popular as ever, and we never tire of hearing them.

I remember driving down the freeway one time and a new Michael Jackson song came on the radio. It was sooo beautiful. I cranked up the volume and pulled over so I could write down the name of the song. It was the theme to Free Willy "Will You Be There". Gorgeous stuff.

My iPod has much of his music. (It's great for running or exercising. You totally forget what you're doing and get into that "zone")

I guess we'll never know if his proposed concert tour would have brought us great new ground-breaking music. It would have been hard to surpass what he's already done. At least we have a huge legacy of great tunes and videos to choose from, and will always be grateful for that.
Italy Xalira
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 25119

Xalira is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Xalira's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:38 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was 8 my parents gave me the "Dangerous" LP - the one and only LP I've ever had, with that stunning Mark Ryden artwork. I watched a million times the live concert in Bucarest (it had been broadcasted and we had recorded it), trying to dance in my living room. And even if I didn't know a word of English, I kept on trying to sing along. And I don't even remember why I liked him so much, but there was SOMETHING, that grabbed me everytime I listened to his music. And I want to remember him for what he did in the music industry, not for what he became when the pression became too high. Who knows, maybe now we'll know the truth about all the charges he's been accused of.

RIP Michael Sad thanks akm for opening the topic.
USA zgurl49
Commander
Commander

Member#: 15310

zgurl49 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View zgurl49's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:04 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately for me I didn't grow up listening to MJ - I was too young. But I remember hearing about his life and listening to his songs and videos on MTV and I always liked him. If anything good came out of him dying it's that I am now being forced (happily) to listen to his music and the more I hear it the more I love it. He truly was a genius and I only wish I would have been a fan sooner.

RIP Michael
Cadet 1

Member#: 28601

chrish4161 is offline View user's profile Send private message chrish4161's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

MJ. You can't say anything about him. He is the god of dancing and stay forever because nobody can't reach at that level. He is the only person having all the dancing and singing knowledge. I feel lucky myself that I saw his dance live in Mumbai, India. Only once he came in india and india fell lucky for that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: