StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

NUTs? RATs? What?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Netherlands SiriusCreations VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 18704

SiriusCreations is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View SiriusCreations's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:45 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

BuyerQueen wrote:
That LeGrande was...... grande.

mmmm I sense BQ needs another North and South type of album Wink
USA BuyerQueen
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 89

BuyerQueen is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View BuyerQueen's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked No, no, I'm fine really. Wink

BQ
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:24 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wanted to request some NUTtrack and what do I see? No NUTs to request! Very Happy

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

SiriusCreations is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View SiriusCreations's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

molossus wrote:
Wanted to request some NUTtrack and what do I see? No NUTs to request! Very Happy

well you do not have to wait long molossus, JERIC has plans to do a bonus update when he receives the Terminator score Wink
Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 6:41 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news Sirius! Thank you!

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got it today too! Very Happy

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 1:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

And we have the bonus update Smile

And the new albums are already added to the NUT/RAT list

I want to thank the person in the USA who added them.

So molossus you and others can continue with the NUT cracking Wink

Last edited by SiriusCreations on Tue May 19, 2009 1:50 am; edited 1 time in total
USA JadedTitan VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 19134

JadedTitan is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View JadedTitan's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 1:45 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

your welcome sirius Smile always happy to help out!
Admiral (Administrator)

Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 2:12 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

OK did some maintenance on the RAT list
(Removed some rated albums)

I want to ask you if you are the 10th voter of that album to remove it from the list thanks.

If you do not know how click on the help link on that page.

NUT/RAT list
Finland GalFin
Captain
Captain

Member#: 16241

GalFin is offline View user's profile Send private message View GalFin's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 2:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

37 albums on the RAT list on May 28... and the next update imminent (3 days or so). Oh well, I'm not gonna sweat over it. Smile
UK thejoyrider
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 8986

thejoyrider is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View thejoyrider's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:51 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

basically, albums that dont get 5 votes will get deleted from the playlist?
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 8986

thejoyrider is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View thejoyrider's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:06 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

tbh the system doesnt work. people just request their fav tracks over and over. so a new album may not get requested by the main crew cause their not familiar with the movie , game or anime / show.

it would be better to introduce less requests and have admin shuffle the tracks evenly to introduce least played tracks get the attention it deserves. also it be worth considering that a track can be requested and not be voted for as its possible a user may not use that feature.

it be better to get rid of non appropriate albums that not necessarily suck, but dont really belong on sst as its not really a score.

an album that gets requested should negate any voting system, as obviously someone is liking that album.
France masked_platypus VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 18358

masked_platypus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View masked_platypus's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

thejoyrider wrote:
basically, albums that dont get 5 votes will get deleted from the playlist?

Absolutely not. It just don't get his stars. And that's 10 votes needed, not 5. There's nothing in the site that urge the scores to be rated. We're just a bunch of people who think that it's better, or nicer, or cooler to have all scores rated.

And we're also quite a lot to put the more diversity in the queue that we can. I'm not sure that putting some admins random request from here to there will make the queue better. After all, the queue means what people want to hear. And just for the information, when the NUTs and RATs started, there were hundreds of score unrated.
Admiral (Administrator)

Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:01 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

thejoyrider wrote:
tbh the system doesnt work. people just request their fav tracks over and over. so a new album may not get requested by the main crew cause their not familiar with the movie , game or anime / show...

If you read the first posts of this thread the whole idea of the NUT/RAT list was because there was once a lot of unplayed tracks on SST. Of course with several reasons, like track is not good or nobody knows them but eventually people find out they are good.

And to find those albums with unplayed tracks I created this page where members can add and remove those albums.

And there are main crew members who uses this list to find new unplayed tracks easily.

Later the RATs were added with the main reason that every album here on SST have at least 10 votes to shine the stars.

I think maybe what you are suggesting here is more a new idea of how to handle "unwanted" albums here and should be in the "Idea" Forum.

If you want I can split your comments into a new thread in the Ideas Forum
USA MojoPin VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 4569

MojoPin is offline View user's profile Send private message View MojoPin's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:45 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Sirius, I have a suggestion for your RAT/NUT page... or more specifically, pertaining to the NUT half!

After an update the list of new albums gets added to the NUT list; people start requesting from these titles and gradually whittle down the number of unplayed tracks until they're all gone... at which point the person who requested the last remaining unplayed track is asked to remove it from the list. However, more than once over the last couple of updates, somebody has removed a title from the NUT list *before* the album was actually "cleared" – and I think I know why. The albums I've seen this happen with have had extremely long track lists... long enough to trigger the "Show/Hide" bar that displays on the album's page. When titles have been erroneously removed from the NUT list, i.e. when there are still unplayed tracks remaining, it seems to be that the person only looked at the tracks ABOVE the cut, which may in fact have all played, but did not consider to also look BELOW the cut, at the remainder of the track listing, where there might yet be dozens of unplayed tracks. Maybe it's happening because they are new & don't realize about the additional tracks, or perhaps it's a regular who was just going too fast and only glanced down the list. Who knows?

When I've caught this it's usually because I was requesting from the NUT list, signing off with say maybe 20 tracks still left on a certain album, then coming back 6 hours later to find that same album marked off... and knowing that that's not reasonable to see, given the 1-hour minimum wait between same-album requests. Of course when I go to check I find, as I say, more unplayed tracks below the cut. So I add the album back to the list where it may be properly cleared, but I only do that with the ones I catch. Maybe there are more like this that nobody is catching, and so there are unplayed tracks that slip through unnoticed.

Perhaps on the RAT/NUT page, you might add a simple text reminder to people to check the complete page, not just the top default display, whenever there is a "Track list limited" notice on an album. That may not stop every instance but at least it might make people pause to double-check themselves before deleting something from the list that isn't actually finished yet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: