StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Later...

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Yvond
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 39

Yvond is offline View user's profile Send private message Yvond's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 8:05 pm   Post subject: Later... Reply with quote

Cocles, it appears, feels that any heat that is generated in his direction can just magically disappear if it is something that causes an inconvienence to himself.

To provide some background...

Leggy started a rumor in the chat that Pixie was pregnant as a result of what was written earlier in the chat log via Cal. Typical of Legolas, he jumped to a quick conclusion without reading any further (where Pixie later states for the record that she isn't pregnant), and so he commented about it both in the chat and in the forum. Seeing the error, I tell Leggy in the chat that he's a dufus for not reading the whole log because Pixie's not pregnant...

...and magically...two minutes after Cocles logs on...the comments disappear in the chat (Leggy's and mine), Leggy's post in the forum is modified, and a bunch of emoticons from HanSolo were deleted. Leggy confirms this:

29 Aug 03 - 17:21 > Legolas: he can start any rumour here but no one else can.
29 Aug 03 - 17:21 > Legolas: oops weak.
29 Aug 03 - 17:21 > Legolas: thats pretty week.
29 Aug 03 - 17:18 > Legolas: huh... creepy... soo much fpr the rumour. bet my post in forum is gone too.
29 Aug 03 - 17:18 > Yvond: Yep.
29 Aug 03 - 17:17 > Legolas: OMG He did delete it.
29 Aug 03 - 17:17 > Yvond: Well, looks like he's abusing his priveleges again
29 Aug 03 - 17:17 > Yvond: poof...they "magically" never happened
29 Aug 03 - 17:17 > Legolas: can he do that?
29 Aug 03 - 17:17 > Yvond: our 2 comments about pixie being/not being pregnant
29 Aug 03 - 17:16 > Legolas: lol.... deleting what in the chat...
29 Aug 03 - 17:16 > Legolas: back 4 a bit....
29 Aug 03 - 17:14 > Yvond: Hey COCLES... what about that promise you made to me earlier? About never abusing your mod priveleges w/ me???
29 Aug 03 - 17:11 > Yvond: Something to hide?
29 Aug 03 - 17:10 > Yvond: Cocles, why are you deleting my comments in the chat?

For you newbies, after a previous fiasco with Cocles modifying one of Oblique's message, Cal and I called him on it. In response, Cocles gave us each a private apology promising to *NEVER* edit our posts again. I believe that the spirit of his apology indicates that this would apply to the chat as well.

Cocles wrote:
Yvond,

I apologize for damaging your sense of security on the SST forums. I am also sorry for violating what you feel to be the principal of what is proper forum conduct. I am most sorry that you feel you can no longer contribute your posts, because as a fellow old timer it is we who make SST what it is.

You and Cal both have very valid individual complaints, and so I apologize to both of you for the trouble I have cost you. I will not edit your posts beyond the scope of what you have already stated as appropriate and hope to see you back on the SST Forum soon.

I am very sorry.

Cocles

Nice Cocles. What am I to believe here? That your apology was sincere? Or that you used it as a manipulative tool to get Cal and I back to SST? In all likelihood, you'll come back with some weak arguement about how you haven't violated what you promised to me since they were comments made in the chat and not the forum. I'm sorry, but obeying the letter of the law is a far cry from having integrity and obeying the spirit of the law. But...perhaps what has been written here is all for naught...since it's quite possible that this topic will be magically deleted as well.

I suppose, in your infinite arrogance, that you think that you are free to harass, put down, scam, and abuse everyone on SST, right? But when it comes to the potential of you receiving some of the same, you won't allow for it???

I'm outta here. Remember that signature of mine from before? Call it prophetic. As you've just proven, you're becoming more and more like Morglum every day. To you newbies out there, know that Cocles can never, ever be trusted. You've been warned.
USA Legolas
Commander
Commander

Member#: 178

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 9:47 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa! should have seen this coming... Anyways, I would like to say my peice since YVOND comes across a bit stern.

I understand coc if pixie had a prob with anyone saying she was pregnant. But uhm she was joking in the chat about it. I saw that she said she wasn't pregnant for the record. But I thought it would be fun to throw some heat towards cocles and her anyways. Since they are good at picking on other pepople i didn't think it would be a problem.

So coc. If pix had a problem and you removed that i understand, but at least have come to the chat and say something. Thats really the only prob I have.

Modify stuff, but let us know you are going to do it. Thats all I have to say.

Oh and you should know better.Wink
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 6:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, indeed, Pixie asked that the comment be removed. She found it offensive and didn't want it sitting at the top of the chat all weekend as it would have (being late friday afternoon). I logged on for a few minutes to see what the hubbub was, decided her request was understandable because of the "banner" status it would have of being on the homepage all weekend.

Since Yvond's comment (made in Pixie's defense) no longer made any sense without Legolas's comment, I deleted it as well so he didn't look like he was speaking gibberish.

Note that neither of you were stopped from saying anything. I merely removed it from sitting at the top of the chatboard all weekend.

Speaking on SST is a priviledge, boys. And moderating the chatboard and forums is part of my Job.

I did not agree, however, with deleting Lego's post in the forum. So I compromised by only turning down the GIANT fonts Legolas used so it wouldn't attract as much attention.

As for HanSolo's flood of Smilies, it was erased for just that: being a flood. We erase those so they don't suck up bandwidth sitting on the present log for hours on end as countless people hit the homepage.

As for not jumping onto the chat and saying anything, I quite frankly thought everyone had gone home for the weekend and was in a hurry out the door myself.

Did I consider either of you coming back and causing a stir? Absolutely. But, quite frankly, I think threads like this make you guys look bad, and I couldn't give a flying rat's ass what they do to me.Wink

As for the "fiasco" Yvond mentions. Several months ago, as a prank, I changed someone's post to "I'm Stupid" for a couple hours then changed it back. The guy I did this to saw the humor, but Yvond and Cal nonetheless saw it as an opportunity to get me demoted from being a mod.

After several days of complaints, threats and promises sent to us by the two of them, I finally PM'd them an apology to put an end to the whole thing.

And Yvond, if you're gonna post it, at least post the whole thing. Wink

Cocmeister wrote:
To: Yvond
Posted: 26 Apr 2003 01:35
Subject: An Apology
Yvond,

I apologize for damaging your sense of security on the SST forums. I am also sorry for violating what you feel to be the principal of what is proper forum conduct. I am most sorry that you feel you can no longer contribute your posts, because as a fellow old timer it is we who make SST what it is.

Thank you very much for the open communication you have allowed and I would especially like to thank you for the 15 minutes you gave me this afternoon to discuss these issues over AIM.

I understand that this isn't the apology you were hoping for as it is private and addressed only to you (although Caliburn has also received an apology).

As you said yourself, you are not a spokesman for the entire SST community. Having gone back and reviewed the forums, as well as what I have read on the chat, I have found no substantial evidence that any majority of the community shares your views.

I understand, however, that you and Caliburn both feel I have violated a "universal" principal and code of conduct for internet forum moderators. The existence of such a principal is indeed possible, but also debatable. Reviewing the boards once again, I have found no evidence that any majority of the board supports this idea of a "universal" principal.

Although the majorities are not behind you, this does not mean that the individual is unimportant. You and Cal both have very valid individual complaints, and so I apologize to both of you for the trouble I have cost you. I will not edit your posts beyond the scope of what you have already stated as appropriate and hope to see you back on the SST Forum soon.

I am very sorry.

Cocles

You were not the victim of some prank or power tripping Admin, Yvond. You were moderated due to the reasonable complaint of another listener. Deal with it. I think even the newbies at this point can tell you have something personal against me and are adamant to somehow see me banned from this site.

As for you finally leaving, watch the door on your way out. For the past several months you have brought nothing but complaints, negativity and overall unpleasantness to this community whenever you've logged on. Just take a look at your posts. If you're not whining about how bad that last movie you saw was, you're trying to label me a traitor.

Quite ironic, since you take such open pride on the boards telling us what a spiritual man you are who lives by the words of Christ. (Now I'm not very religious myself, but don't guys like you have a word for beings who spread unhappiness where ever they go?)

This whole incident could have been handled in a civil matter. You could have asked for an explanation. Heck, you could have even done this over PM. But as usual, you'd rather jump on the forum raving like a lunatic.
USA Legolas
Commander
Commander

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 9:17 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

OH SHIT! I look bad now for posting in a thread like this. Rolling Eyes

Dude if I look bad for having a request that when someone modify's anything that I say, I would like them to let me know. But damn, I guess that makes me look bad now... I think I'll have to hang my head in shame. Sad I just miss the modcoc notes when stuff used to be altered.

All you could have done was atLEAST Pop on the chat and say, "Pixie asked if i could remove that post leggy. Sorry, you'll have to pick on her some other time. I got to go, have a great weekend, nn you ripe bastards."

Wow. 2 minutes. I thought I was worth 2 minutes. But instead you said nothing. And anticipated us to wonder what the hell was going on, and eventually have YVOND post here, so that you could act all cool again.

But what the hell did I type this for. You don't give a "rats ass." Unless the person who gets offended is sleeping with you. No offense to pixie but, I doubt I would have the oppertunity to have anything written in the chat about me removed. the back logs should me modified as well, that is how I found out about the whole joke with pixie being pregnant.

Whatever I am done.
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 3:59 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... not only did you let Yvond rile you up in the chat, but you also let him rile you up in here.

Now I could be wrong, so let me ask you...

Does being Yvond's bitch look bad?

You tell me. He's got you in here whining like a baby over having an admin erase something from the logs you had said over an hour earlier.

You know why Admins on SST don't have to notify people when they erase something from the logs? Because, except for cry babies like you, no one cares. Heck, the only reason you noticed in the first place is because Yvond made such a stink about it.

As for your suggestion:

Legolas wrote:
All you could have done was atLEAST Pop on the chat and say, "Pixie asked if i could remove that post leggy. Sorry, you'll have to pick on her some other time. I got to go, have a great weekend, nn you ripe bastards."

Sure, so every passerby who hits the homepage will not only know something was deleted, but also know who requested its removal... Yeah, great plan Lego.
SlowMo
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 29

SlowMo is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail SlowMo's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 4:49 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yvond, Leggy,

You guys are so uncool for not having the brains to work this out in private. Couldn't you have thought yourselves that the reason for removal of every trace of the subject meant something more than just a power trip on Cocles' part. That it could have meant that Pixie wanted the stuff removed.

Well, with this thread you prevented the subject to dissapear, and it's out here for everyone to read again. Congratulations! You must be very proud of yourselves.

And more, for the flocks of new visitors it's quite weird to see old time users like yourselves make a big fuss on this site. Great job!

I wouldn't mind if cocles deleted this thread, it'd be great for the site, because this thread is scaring people away. Whoever is saying that Cocles is doing a bad job is an idiot, if you ask me. Nobody can match his dedication to the job.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 6:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Mo on this one, this is gonna escalate (sp?) again.

Close this tread down. All IMHO of course.
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 6:37 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Tempting, but if Preachy or the Rugrat want to reply, closing this thread won't stop 'em. Once I'm sure everyone's had their say I'll close it down...

...and maybe even delete it if I can do so without being accused of PLAYING GOD!!! Twisted Evil

Silly peons... I AM GOD!!!
USA Legolas
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 10:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus Christ.

First of all to the almighty waffle king. One I did think of the reason why he did it was because of pixie. I said that in my first post! Rolling Eyes

Now to you coc! An hour later I made my post. The only reason why I cam here to make a post is because YVOND included me in his post. But hey if you want to call me his "bitch" go right ahead.

I wasn't riled up in the chat either. I found it odd that you never said anything. I would kind of expected a smart ass comment but I was left wanting. Sad So since "KENT" included me in his post. And spun it to his advantage, I thought I should share my peice. The only thing that bothered me here; but to which i was not surpised by was the fact that you responded to my post like a fucking prick. My whole first post was about understanding if it was done for pixie. And that all I had thought was that you could have possibly popped in to the chat to explain. Smile

So EXCUSE me Cocles for posting any thoughts about your actions. Far be it for anyone to not let them become your "BITCH" Confused and you walk all over us. I am sorry for making an unreasonable comment about you at least letting us know why you did something. Especially since you know how yvond reacts.

So Again that whole modifing stuff doesn't bother me. Its how you treated me in this post that bothers me. I expected more from you but, I should have known better. Embarassed

One thing to Cal and then I am gone. You knew it would escalte(sp) becuase you knew how you would react if someone in authority just kept pushing you right? Wink

~rugrat~
Caliburn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 10:56 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Legolas wrote:
One thing to Cal and then I am gone. You knew it would escalte(sp) becuase you knew how you would react if someone in authority just kept pushing you right? Wink

Naah no-one can push me while I am on vacation. Very Happy
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 11:49 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is absolutely ridiculous.

The bottom line is Pixie wanted the comments removed. I think her privacy and wishes should be respected, plain and simple. I would have done the same thing for anyone who requested it, even if I thought it was trivial. There can be consequences to such information that you are not aware of. Yvond, you are way out of line. How can Cocles NOT be trusted if he contributes more to SST than anyone? He’s an admin because I trust him. Frankly, if you are going to keep wasting our time with nonsense, I will hold the door open for you on your way out. Right now you are a negative force in the community and are anti-productive to SST. I thought you chilled out since the last fiasco but I guess I was wrong. You’re welcome here as long as you aren’t trying to flip things upside-down.

Legolas, I’m a bit surprised at your (over)reaction to this. You made a good point in your first post but I wish you would have let it go after that. Hopefully you will now.

“This conversation is over.” –Fight Club

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: