StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Personal/Favorite Recipes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Cinder VIP (subscribed member)
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 10213

Cinder is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Cinder's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:48 pm   Post subject: If it Looks good...eat it! Reply with quote

Grasshopper Ice Cream Pie

12 servings
Ingredients

1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs (about 20 cookies; such as Nabisco's Famous Chocolate Wafers)
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons 1% low-fat milk
1 (7-ounce) jar marshmallow creme
1/4 cup green crème de menthe
2 tablespoons white crème de cacao
1 (8-ounce) container frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
3 cups vanilla low-fat ice cream, softened
2 teaspoons chocolate syrup

Preparation

Combine crumbs and butter in a small bowl; stir with a fork until moist. Press into bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Chill.

Combine milk and marshmallow creme in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave at HIGH 1 minute, stirring once. Add crème de menthe, crème de cacao, and whipped topping, stirring until blended. Spread ice cream into prepared pan; top with marshmallow mixture. Freeze at least 6 hours. Drizzle with chocolate syrup before serving.

Commodore

Cinder is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Cinder's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Frozen Chocolate Mousse
Makes: 2 servings

1/2 cup whipping (heavy) cream
1 tablespoon almond-flavored liqueur or Italian syrup
2 tablespoons chocolate-flavor syrup
Cocoa, if desired

1. Beat whipping cream in chilled small bowl with electric mixer on high speed until stiff. Fold in liqueur and chocolate syrup.
2. Spoon into 2 paper-lined foil cupcake liners. Cover and freeze at least 4 hours but no longer than 48 hours. Place in refrigerator 15 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with cocoa.
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 21914

NessySheep is offline View user's profile Send private message View NessySheep's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:59 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Brainfood

For all those poor students that have to work or to learn during the summer I have special drink, that tastes good and gives your brain power.

Puree
-one banana, which has been cut into pieces
-2 compressed oranges, or just orange juice
-250 gr raspberrys
-2 tablespoons full of oatmeal or millet

Enjoy ! Smile
USA Cinder VIP (subscribed member)
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Crispy Chocolate Chip Bacon Cookies

For the bacon

10 slices thick-cut bacon
brown sugar

For the cookie dough

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
8 tablespoons trans-fat free shortening (I use Spectrum Organic)
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
About 2-3 cups bittersweet chocolate chips

To prepare the bacon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Arrange bacon slices in a single layer onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Scatter two teaspoons of brown sugar down each strip. Place baking sheet into the oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Turn bacon over, then brush each with the juices on the baking sheet. Place back into the oven and continue to bake until the bacon is crisp and the color has darkened, about 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, turn oven off and place strips onto a wire rack to cool completely. When cool, chop into pieces.

To prepare the cookie dough

In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.

In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter and shortening until creamy. Add sugars and mix until smooth. Mix in egg, vanilla and vinegar. Add dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Fold in chocolate chips and chopped bacon. Cover dough and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight (preferred).

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Drop dough using a tablespoon cookie scoop onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Place into the oven and bake until the cookies are golden, about 12 to 14 minutes. Remove and cool cookies on the pan for 2 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.

Makes about 54 cookies.
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:52 pm   Post subject: BACON! Reply with quote

Once again chat got out of hand when bacon was mentioned!

Here are some cookies that look pretty yummy!

Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies with Candied Bacon

candied bacon
1 pckg thick cut bacon (about 10 strips)
brown sugar for sprinkling

chocolate chip cookies
2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
12 oz toll house semi-sweet chocolate morsels

1. make the candied bacon: preheat the oven to 350 F. lay bacon on a parchment covered baking sheet so they are not overlapping. sprinkle about 2 tsp brown sugar evenly on each strip of bacon. bake for 12 minutes, remove from oven, flip bacon and drag it through the syrupy liquid that’s collected on the baking sheet. put the bacon back in the oven for another 12-15 minutes, until it is fully cooked and very dark (mahogany). remove the strips from the sheet and cool on a wire rack. after they have cooked, chop them or quickly food process into tiny pieces.

2. make the cookies: combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. beat butter, both sugars and vanilla in a large bowl. add eggs, one at a time, beating well. gradually beat in flour mixture. stir in morsels and bacon pieces.

3. spoon dough (about a Tbsp per cookie) onto an ungreased baking sheet and bake at 375 F for 9-11 minutes. i tend to go a little under 9 minutes so they come out just underdone. remove to cooling racks or eat immediately with a tall glass of cold milk.*

Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:55 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

How to baconify your bourbon

Benton's Old Fashioned

(Why would you want to put bacon in your bourbon? If you have to ask, this isn’t the post for you.)

Alcohol is very good at extracting flavors. It’s easy to use for infusions. Throw some raspberries in some gin, let it sit for a day or two, strain out the raspberries, and voila, you’ve got raspberry gin. Unfortunately, your raspberries are going to taste pretty nasty now. That’s fine for fruit, but who wants to waste bacon? Luckily, there’s a better way.

It’s unappetizingly called “fat-washing.” It works on the basic principle that most of the flavor elements in a fat are also soluble in alcohol. This means that instead of having to ruin good bacon in an infusion, you can just use the melted fat. I got to sample a use of this technique last month at Tales of the Cocktail, a fantastic annual convention of cocktail enthusiasts held in New Orleans every summer. I’m getting baconostalgic just thinking about it. This recipe comes from PDT in New York and it makes a bourbon with an intense, smoky aroma and a true bacon flavor.

What you’ll need: A 750 ml bottle of good bourbon. PDT recommends Four Roses Yellow Label. I’ve used Bulleit, which you might have an easier time finding. Also bacon, as smoky as possible. PDT uses Benton’s from Tennessee, and while any smoky bacon could work, my own substitution didn’t produce nearly as much smoke character as what I sampled in New Orleans.

To make it, cook up 3-4 strips of bacon. Retain a fluid ounce or so of the rendered fat, letting it cool but not solidify. Discard of the bacon in the manner of your choosing (I’m sure you’ll think of something). Pour the fat and bourbon into a glass jar and let it sit to taste, a matter of hours if the bacon is strong enough.

Now you’ve got a very greasy looking jar of bourbon. To make it ungreasy, put it in the freezer over night. The fat will conveniently congeal for easy straining, and you can clean it up even further with a run through a coffee filter.

If all goes well, your bourbon will now taste and smell distinctively like your bacon. Drink it neat, or try out PDT’s breakfasty Benton’s Old-Fashioned, a version of which is pictured above:

2 oz bacon bourbon
1/4 oz maple syrup
2 dashes Angostura bitters

Stir with ice and pour into an ice-filled rocks glass. Garnish with a twist of orange. Enjoy.
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:10 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Two in one recipe.. chat also was going for food on a stick. So here is a hot dog on a stick and bacon on a stick, with french fries, and of course deep fried!!! duh!

Ingredients:

One hotdog
One large russet burbank potato
Plenty of oil for deep frying

For the batter:
100gms of plain flour
75gms of cornmeal
1 egg
2 teaspoons of sugar
half a cup of milk

Method:

Russet Burbank Potato

Find yourself a russet burbank potato, about the length of a hotdog.
Peel the potato then slice into french fries in a mandolin slicer (or do it by hand). Set aside.

Corndog batter
*Mix together the dry batter ingredients, add the egg and the milk. Mix to a thick paste, adding more milk if it is too dry: you’re aiming at the batter being thick and sticky rather than runny like a real corn dog batter, slightly more viscous than a dough. Set aside.

Fry the french fries in oil until golden. Remove from the oil onto a paper towel.

French fry coated hotdog
Coat the hotdog in the batter, then glue the french fries to the dog as best you can. Drop this monstrosity back into the boiling oil and fry until the french fries begin to brown.

FOR BACON ON A STICK

Instead of using a hot dog, use a nice thick slice of bacon. The recipe suggested butcher cut thick slices.

Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:16 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

As if those were not enough.. dessert too!

Chocolate covered bacon on a stick!

And for cupcake lovers..

Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Maple Bacon Cupcakes
Makes 6 / 350F oven

What You'll Need...
4 1/2 tablespoons of butter, room temperature
1/2 tablespoon of bacon drippings (left in the fridge to become solid)
1 egg
5 tablespoons of brown sugar
4 tablespoons maple syrup
1 1/4 cup of self rising flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
tiny tiny pinch of kosher salt
1/4 cup of milk
1/4 cup of minced bacon, cooked and drained

What You'll Do...
1) Cook some bacon in a fry pan (about 6 thick strips). Reserve the drippings and place in the fridge to solidify. Mince 1/4 a cup of the bacon. The chef should eat whatever is left to assure that the bacon is tasty.

2) Beat the crud out of the butter and solidified bacon fat 'till light and creamy. Add the brown sugar and maple syrup and beat well until combined.

3) Add the egg and beat until incorporated.

4) Sift the flour, salt, baking soda and powder together.

5) Add some of the flour and mix, then some of the milk, then continue to alternate the dry and wet ingredients, ending with the dry. Mix until just combined. Fold in the bacon. Taste and add more maple syrup, flour, or milk if needed for desired taste. Keep in mind the maple frosting is very sweet, and to add in very small increments for alterations as maple syrup in large amounts can break a cake batter.

6) Scoop into cupcake papers and bake at 350 F for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Be sure to rotate the pan after the first 15 minutes for even baking.

Maple Syrup Frosting
What You'll Need...
4 tablespoons of butter
2 tablespoons of maple syrup
1 cup of powdered sugar
turbinado sugar (optional, but recommended)
coarse grain sea salt (optional, but recommended)

What You'll Do...
Combine the syrup and butter until combined. Add the sugar, a bit at a time, and whip at high speeds until combined. Pipe or spread onto cupcakes. Sprinkle on sea salt and turbinado sugar for decoration and a lot of added flavor.
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

And for the chocofilles...

Dark Chocolate Bacon Cupcakes

"Dark Chocolate. Bacon. What's not to love? Take yourself on a taste adventure and give these a go.
Original recipe yield 2 dozen cupcakes

INGREDIENTS

12 slices bacon
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 cups white sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 eggs
1 cup cold, strong, brewed coffee
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder, for dusting

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, 3/4 cup cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Make a well in the center and pour in the eggs, coffee, buttermilk and oil. Stir just until blended. Mix in 3/4 of the bacon, reserving the rest for garnish. Spoon the batter into the prepared cups, dividing evenly.
3. Bake in the preheated oven until the tops spring back when lightly pressed, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool in the pan set over a wire rack. When cool, arrange the cupcakes on a serving platter. Frost with your favorite chocolate frosting and sprinkle reserved bacon crumbles on top. Dust with additional cocoa powder.

As a real kicker, I might use part vegetable oil and part bacon renderings! OH mama!!
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:21 pm   Post subject: Dessert Pizza Reply with quote

Candy Shop Pizza

What a great party treat!

Prep. time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 30 minutes

Serves: 12

Source: Nestle® Very Best Baking

Ingredients

1 package (18-oz.) NESTLÉ ® TOLL HOUSE ® Refrigerated Chocolate Chip
Cookie Dough
1 cup NESTLÉ ® TOLL HOUSE ® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
1/2 cup creamy or chunky peanut butter
1 cup coarsely chopped assorted candy *

Directions

PREHEAT oven to 325 degrees F. Grease baking sheet or pizza pan. PLACE
whole bar of dough scored side down onto prepared baking sheet or pizza pan.
BAKE for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately sprinkle
morsels over hot crust; drop peanut butter by spoonfuls onto morsels.
Let stand for 5 minutes or until morsels are shiny. Gently spread
chocolate and peanut butter evenly over cookie crust. SPRINKLE candy in
single layer over pizza. Cut into wedges; serve warm or at room temperature.

VARIATION: Substitute 1 pkg. (18 oz.) NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Refrigerated
Sugar Cookie Bar Dough. Press cookie dough onto greased large baking
sheet or pizza pan to measure an 8-inch circle. Bake at 325 degrees F
for 16 to 18 minutes or until lightly golden.

* Nestlé® Crunch®, Butterfinger®, Baby Ruth®, Goobers®, Raisinets®,
Buncha Crunch®
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:07 pm   Post subject: Food in the movies Reply with quote

Sometimes, simply eating baked goods isn't enough. You just want to live, breathe and exist in a warm shell of pastry or cake. But not, you know, in a creepy way.

How better to feed your obsession than by enjoying movies which prominently feature sweet treats? Grab your milk duds, dim the lights and dig in:

American Pie: Of course, this one features what is probably the most infamous pie scene in cinema.
Animal House: As one CakeSpy reader put it, "I love the food fight scene. Watching Bluto load his tray up with donuts and jello..."
Babette's Feast: Who cares what else they eat, "the grand finale dessert is 'Savarin au Rhum avec des Figues et Fruit Glacée' (rum sponge cake with figs and glacéed fruits). Numerous rare wines, including Clos de Vougeot, along with various champagnes and spirits, complete the menu."
The Bakery Girl of Monceau: A film in which the hero engages in "pastries and flirting with the salesgirl, a law student (Barbet Schroeder) surrenders to his appetites as he hangs out at a bakery."
Because I Said So: Featuring Mandy Moore as a baker who is secure in the kitchen but unsure about love.
Big Night: This movie mainly features savory foods, but the timpano is carbohydratey enought to warrant a mention.
Blood & Donuts: In which a vampire falls for a woman working in a donut shop.
Buffalo 66: A heart-shaped cookie figures into the plot in this movie.
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory: In oh, so many ways.
Chocolat: If chocolate is your dessert weapon of choice, you simply must see this movie. In fact, I can't believe you haven't already.
Dear Lemon Lima: A brand-new film which just made its debut at the LA Film Festival, which prominently features cupcake artwork...by CakeSpy!
The Devil Wears Prada: No, food isn't in the foreground of this film, but Anne Hathaway's character does try to make nice with that dreamy Adrian Grenier by bringing him a cupcake.
Down To You: Not sure how dessert figures into this one, but I heard a rumor that it does.
Fried Green Tomatoes: What is your favorite book, movie and food? Fried Green Tomatoes may be the answer to all three, but I'll take some chocolate or a southern layer cake (but please, keep the saran wrap away) any day. But as a side note, can you believe this recipe for caramel fried green tomatoes and ice cream?
The Gingerbread Man: As buddy Megan says, "It's a terrible, terrible movie. But entertaining!"
The Great New Wonderful: According to one sweet CakeSpy reader, this one "had Edie Falco and Maggie Gylenhaal as cake designers but they weren't very happy..."
The Godfather: "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli". Beautiful!
Hoodwinked: This one was suggested by Mary--that Goody Bandit must be captured!
The Ice Cream Man: OK, so the ice cream man in question is a serial killer. He does drive the right truck! And he's Ron Howard's brother!
Just Desserts: In which a cake (and its baker) are completely enchanting to the protagonist.
Like Water For Chocolate: The wedding cake made with character Tita's tears was delicious, but made people cry over loves long lost.
Manhattan: This one is worth watching for so many reasons, but as one CakeSpy reader pointed out, dessert (milkshakes, to be exact) is a big reason!
Marie Antoinette: Cake porn, featuring sweets by French legend Laduree. Enough said.
Matilda: Basically the cake-eating scene is the sweet equivalent to the egg-eating scene in Cool Hand Luke.
Mermaids: This one got an Oscar, and I'm pretty sure it was for the marshmallow kebabs prominently featured during the movie.
Million Dollar Baby: The real money shot was at the end, when Clint Eastwood's character eats pie in the final scene.
Mostly Martha: Although you'll have to wait til the credits for the sweet stuff, says Viv, it's worth the wait.
No Reservations: According to a CakeSpy reader, the US version of Mostly Martha definitely has some good looking tiramisu featured on-screen.
The Perfect Man: According to one CakeSpy reader, this film with Heather Locklear is "awful, but she decorates cakes."
Run Fatboy Run: In this one, according to Carrie, the "love interest is a bakery sweet shoppe owner".
Serendipity: A sweet romantic comedy which has scenes in the NY Sweets-shop from which the film takes its name.
Simply Irresistible: In which a witchy Sarah Michelle Gellar enchants the dessert (and the rest of the food too).
Simpsons Movie: Of course, Homer is never far from his beloved pink frosted and festively sprinkled donuts.
Stand By Me: This one features a pie-eating contest.
Steel Magnolias: That armadillo cake did more for Red Velvet than it could ever know!
Stranger Than Fiction: If Will Ferrell's character presenting Maggie Gyllenhaal's renegade baker with a bouquet of "flours" doesn't make you melt like buttercream in sunshine, then you're probably dead.
Sweeney Todd: They make pies, but you probably don't want to eat them. Way too savory.
True Grit: In which "corn something or other Rooster Cogburn was eating on the trail"
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me: The prelude to Dale Cooper and all that damn fine pie.
Varsity Blues: The cheerleader tries to be all sexy by dressing up like an ice cream sundae! That's priceless!
Waitress: Pie, pie, and more pie!
Wayne's World: I wish I could hang out with Wayne and Garth at Stan Mikita Donuts.
When Harry Met Sally: The most famous food scene is at Katz's in this movie, but there are many other sweet cinematic nuggets including conversations about (and over) pie.
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:59 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Homemade gumdrops

These chewy, fruity candies look too good to be homemade, but they are, thanks
to the wonders of Jell-O.

Makes about 1 3/4 pounds of gumdrops

2 1/2 cups granulated sugar, divided
1 1/3 cups applesauce
2 packages (3 ounces each) red or green gelatin
2 envelopes (1/4 ounce each) unflavored gelatin
1 teaspoon lemon juice

In a large saucepan, combine 2 cups sugar, applesauce, colored gelatin,
unflavored gelatin and lemon juice; let stand for one minute. Bring to a boil
over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil for one minute. Immediately pour
into a cold 11-by-7-by-2 inch pan coated with nonstick cooking spray.
Refrigerate for three hours or until firm.

Lightly coat top of gelatin with nonstick cooking spray. With a spatula dipped
in hot water, loosen gelatin from sides of pan. To remove, invert onto waxed
paper. Using kitchen scissors or small sharp knife or small sharp cookie cutters
dipped in hot water, cut into 1-inch squares or shapes. Place on waxed paper and dry at room temperature for about eight hours or until slightly sticky. Roll in
remaining sugar. Store in an airtight container.

Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:44 pm   Post subject: Christmas Aromas Reply with quote

CHRISTMAS POTPOURRI

3 cinnamon sticks (may substitute 1-2 Tbsp. cinnamon) **
3 bay leaves **
1/4 cup whole cloves **
Lemons, quartered (use as many as you like) **
Oranges, quartered (use as many as you like) **
Water to cover top of mixture

Combine all ingredients in saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer as long as desired (may use crock pot). Check often and add additional water if needed. Mixture may be stored in refrigerator several days and reused.

Makes your house smell SO good!!!

**NOTE:
For extra spicy smell, add nutmeg, allspice, etc.
Great way to use up those "not so good lemons & oranges you have forgotten about!
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:05 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Great for holiday parties or gift giving

Spice Pecans

Ingredients

1 egg white
1 teaspoon cold water
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cups sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 pound of pecan halves
Directions

Beat egg white with water until frothy but not stiff. Add pecans and mix until coated. Mix sugar, salt and cinnamon in a bowl. Add nuts and mix. Place in buttered cookie sheet. Bake in a 225 degrees oven for one hour. Stir every 15 minutes.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 14 of 17

Jump to: