StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Annoying Captcha -> Suggestion!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Canada segellion
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 24779

segellion is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View segellion's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:22 am   Post subject: Annoying Captcha -> Suggestion! Reply with quote

ReCaptcha is the new "in" thing, i'm implementing it into our corporate site at work.

There's been a lot of complaints about the captcha for streaming soundtracks, you can free up a lot of javascript for your site by using ReCaptcha since all the validation is done through the ReCaptcha website.

Also! by using ReCaptcha you are helping digitize books!

StreamingSoundtracks webmaster, check it out to help you, us and the world!

http://recaptcha.net/
USA Twopop VIP (subscribed member)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 7382

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:30 pm   Post subject: Re: Annoying Captcha -> Suggestion! Reply with quote

segellion wrote:
There's been a lot of complaints about the captcha for streaming soundtracks

Well I am sorry to hear that. Personally I want to give a big cheer for the new captcha!

Many people have nooooooooooo idea how many hundreds of hours the Mods and Admins have spent in the past 3 weeks fending off spammers and deleting annoying and often disgusting spam from our forums. The Mods especially (on SST, AFM, 80s, DFM & EFM) deserve a HUGE thank you for all their hard work being the front line of defense. And I for one am glad to have part of my life back!

I say a hearty "Hear! Hear!" for Pesa's new captcha. So what if it isn't that easy and takes a few more seconds of people's time to sign in? That's the point. I'm sorry people don't like it, but it beats the alternative.

One little hint: If the background color of the captcha makes it too difficult to decipher, click on it and it will change to another color (usually lighter). If you goof on the entry, another one pops up immediately that will probably be easier.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but it's a necessary evil with the ever-increasing growth and popularity of our 5 stations around the world.

We sincerely do appreciate your cooperation and understanding.
Germany alien_avatar
Captain
Captain

Member#: 16007

alien_avatar is offline View user's profile Send private message View alien_avatar's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:55 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL... one of the advantages of never, ever logging out: I didn't even notice there was a new you're supposed to do it. (I guess I'll have to log out just to have a look at it...)

So if it bothers people so much... don't log out! You only get thrown out every three months or so. Wink

...and @Twopop: everything and everyone who fights the good fight against spammers deserves thanks and cheers, so:

THANKS!

&

HIP-HIP-HURRAAAA!!!!

Smile
Commander
Commander

Member#: 10621

Luther_III is offline View user's profile Send private message View Luther_III's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:41 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

alien_avatar wrote:
LOL... one of the advantages of never, ever logging out: I didn't even notice there was a new you're supposed to do it. (I guess I'll have to log out just to have a look at it...)

The same goes for me, alien! I didn't even know what the first couple of posts in this thread were talking about! Now, I think I'll do the same as you and log out just to find out.

Mr. Green
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 5034

BhelPuri is offline View user's profile Send private message View BhelPuri's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:14 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Luther_III wrote:
alien_avatar wrote:

The same goes for me, alien! I didn't even know what the first couple of posts in this thread were talking about!

Same here! My first inclination was to think that the original post was from a spammer who was posting these generic messages to popularize recaptcha, since SST's login was one of the easiest and I couldn't believe that people would be complaining about it. It's only after I logged out and logged back on did I realize that the captcha had changed, Very Happy
USA Twopop VIP (subscribed member)

Member#: 7382

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked
I had no idea that so many people were logged in to SST 24/7!!! Very Happy
Germany tinkerbelle
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 25449

tinkerbelle is offline View user's profile Send private message View tinkerbelle's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:30 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The new captcha is only a very small inconvenience if it prevents spamming of the forums.

A big THANK YOU to all mods who did such a lot of work to get rid of that spams!!

And a big THANK YOU to Pesa for implementing it!!
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 19747

Pesadelo is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Pesadelo's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:50 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

BhelPuri wrote:
...My first inclination was to think that the original post was from a spammer who was posting these generic messages to popularize recaptcha, ...

And it wasn't? Laughing

\m/ tinker \m/
Lieutenant

Member#: 24779

segellion is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View segellion's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:53 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

well then, i've officially been labelled as a spammer *sigh*

..thanks
USA Luther_III
Commander
Commander

Member#: 10621

Luther_III is offline View user's profile Send private message View Luther_III's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:45 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry segellion, I noticed your VIP status and sweet avatar and knew you were no spammer!

Mr. Green
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Ideas All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: