StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

interesting article.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Streaming
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Legolas
Commander
Commander

Member#: 178

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 1:30 pm   Post subject: interesting article. Reply with quote

http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/internet/09/08/music.downloading/index.html

This is for you file sharring kids. Rolling Eyes
USA jk2silly VIP (subscribed member)
Commander
Commander

Member#: 30

jk2silly is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View jk2silly's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:41 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

An interesting part of this is that the RIAA is not going after people who download but rather the people who serve. They are sending the message that the possesion of illegal copies of thier copyrighted material is OK but to share it is not. This is wrong in my opinion. If they want to attack the problem then they need to attack all the users. If you share 5 files or 5,000 makes no difference. Theft of intelecual property is theft no matter how you look at it.
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:47 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I see their point. They're going after the pushers not the addicts. But, you are right too jk, theft is theft, anyway you look at it.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Commander
Commander

jk2silly is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View jk2silly's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:50 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

It is the same as saying it is wrong to sell heroin but it IS OK to use it. And they are only going after the ones serving up more than 1000 tracks. Makes me wonder just what they see as "acceptable".
Commander

Member#: 178

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 7:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't steal music at all. But I know people who do... what can the RIAA offer me Wink

Seriously though. if they could only start selling cd's for about ten bucks, here and over seas, i bet sharing would loose some of its popularity. Personally, I would like a real CD with the album art, and track listings rather than a ripped one. oh well.
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 7:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Universal Music Group just dropped over 90% of their CD's down to a retail of 12 bucks. So we'll see.
Commander
Commander

Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 11:47 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I like the business model that Apple seems to be using where you download and pay only for the songs that you want. I think it is about 99 cents (US) per song. Too often there is only one or 2 tracks on albums that I want anyway to justify even the $10 that Lego has suggested. I may be wrong about who is running this service but It is a model I like.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: