StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Album Cover Art Discrepencies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA JadedTitan VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 19134

JadedTitan is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View JadedTitan's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:40 pm   Post subject: Album Cover Art Discrepencies Reply with quote

I have seen a few new covers the past week and i was not sure if there are supposed to be discrepancies in the small thumbnail cover art and the large cover art of an album. The two albums i noticed are Charlie Bartlett and Home Alone 2. Where the little picture that shows up in the queue is different than the picture you would find on the album page, not the 'big cover' picture, but the normal one you see when you click to the album's page. Just thought id bring it up...If there are others i'll mention them here....

I realize the 'big cover' is the same as the small thumbnail. So i guess the issue im bringing up is that the regular picture you see when you click on the album is different than those two. If im talking nonsense just ignore! hah.
Lieutenant

Member#: 16245

NanM is offline View user's profile Send private message View NanM's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:00 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some covers discrepancies on a few album pages.
I can remember at the moment Ben-Hur and Back to the Future 2 (Varese Sarabande never issued this album according to soundtrackcollector), Star Trek - The Motion Picture, Indiana Jones and the Temple Of Doom, Caboblanco, Supergirl, They Live or in Goldfinger.
On the other hand and with a higher occurrence, while not a discrepancy are the distinct/wrong colours in bright and saturation, of the big cover compared to the smaller ones, like on Lady in the Water, Wolf's Rain 1, Spirited Away, The Fog, The Da Vinci Code, etc.
The opposite also occurs (a superior quality image on the big cover compared to the small), which can be found on albums like Star Trek 3, Conan the Barbarian, Porco Rosso, Masada, Presumed Innocent or in John Carpenter's Halloween.
USA JadedTitan VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 19134

JadedTitan is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View JadedTitan's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:09 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

The Promise by Klaus Badelt is also different...
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 89

BuyerQueen is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View BuyerQueen's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:15 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Please submit album corrections. TwoPop can correct the things that need to be done and get with JERIC or I if need be. That's the easiest way for us to handle it.

Thanks,
BQ

Member#: 7382

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll check the ones you've listed, Jaded & NanM. Thanks!

JadedTitan wrote:
I realize the 'big cover' is the same as the small thumbnail.

Even though the queue thumbnail, the Now Playing/Album Info album cover, and the Big Cover are all supposed to be the same, they still are 3 separate files - so occasionally they can be overlooked if/when we make changes to the covers.

As BQ said, for any future discrepancies you spot, please submit them via Make Corrections link. I will get the email immediately.
USA Twopop VIP (subscribed member)

Member#: 7382

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:52 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

NanM wrote:
.. with a higher occurrence, while not a discrepancy are the distinct/wrong colours in bright and saturation, of the big cover compared to the smaller ones, ...
The opposite also occurs (a superior quality image on the big cover compared to the small)

The reason for this is because we get the 500x500 jpeg images from many different sources.

Adding the Big Covers is a project that we started a little over a year ago. It is for all five of our stations. To say it's been a huge undertaking would be an understatement. Finding large, high quality jpeg images for over 4,100 albums has not been easy!

To get true consistency between the 40x40, 200x200, and 500x500 images, would mean they would have to come from one source; i.e., for JERIC or BQ to scan (and edit) every single album cover from their personal collection. The time this would take would be nearly impossible, especially since they are also doing the Big Covers for DFM and 80s.

We scour the internet for the highest quality images possible. Although you might think Amazon would be a good source for good album covers (and it is for newly-released albums), that is not necessarily true for older albums. Many simply do not meet our standard for high resolution or size. I have spent literally hundreds of hours over the past year searching out and editing several thousand of them (for SST) since these are additions to existing playlist databases. JERIC & BQ, and Saffron have as well for the other stations.

That said, I'm glad you have brought this to our attention. For any particular Big Cover images that you view as being way out of whack color-wise, please email me about it and I will do my best to fix it. Do that via the Make A Correction link on the Album Info page of the album.

Thanks for your input.
Finland GalFin
Captain
Captain

Member#: 16241

GalFin is offline View user's profile Send private message View GalFin's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:02 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Twopop wrote:
Adding the Big Covers is a project that we started a little over a year ago. It is for all five of our stations. To say it's been a huge undertaking would be an understatement. Finding large, high quality jpeg images for over 4,100 albums has not been easy!
I have spent literally hundreds of hours over the past year searching out and editing several thousand of them (for SST) since these are additions to existing playlist databases. JERIC & BQ, and Saffron have as well for the other stations.

Twopop, thank you for clarifying this. I've been wondering how you get all the album cover files (especially the larger ones). First I thought that they might be scanned but I quickly realized that that would be impossible for all albums (and on all stations). Still, it's a lot of work!
So, a big, big thank you to you, JERIC, BQ and Saffron for all your hard work on SST and other 24seven stations! I'm truly impressed with the dedication you show.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: