StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Add: Wilder Westen, Heisser Orient by Martin Böttcher | Score (2001)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic 

Add it?
Yes, buy it now !
55%
 55%  [ 20 ]
No, never buy it !
13%
 13%  [ 5 ]
Yes, but only if we can find some sponsors !
30%
 30%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 36

Finland GalFin
Captain
Captain

Member#: 16241

GalFin is offline View user's profile Send private message View GalFin's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Nessy, hmm, there is a big difference between USD 110 and USD 320....
... and it also depends on whether JERIC likes it and thinks it's worthwhile to add. If however you can find enough people to donate money towards purchasing it, it'll be much more likely that it'll be added. I'm just saying that if people really, really love this music and want it to be added, they should probably do something concrete about it. I'm not being mean, I'm just saying how I see it. Smile
Germany alien_avatar
Captain
Captain

Member#: 16007

alien_avatar is offline View user's profile Send private message View alien_avatar's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:31 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL.. that reminds me:

it took *AGES* to get Okami off of the NUT list... the thought of doing the same with the (estimated) eleventy-thousand tracks on an 8-CD collectiion.... *shudders*

It'll be like Winnetou Week (or month) or something!!! LaughingLaughingLaughing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 5034

BhelPuri is offline View user's profile Send private message View BhelPuri's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:51 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

NessySheep wrote:

Victor wrote:
I voted for yes cause it's great classic-german-western-music and it really belongs to the largest soundtrack-library on earth Smile

Nobody just spends that much money on CDs, but here we could buy and listen to it together Smile

I do understand what you mean, Nessy. In the past we did get the Elmer Bernstein Film Music Collection by collecting $200 together (12 cd set). I can't find that thread now. We all had a fair idea of those scores and the box set wasn't dominated by a single composer so we could enqueue a number of tracks at the same time. I think 10 of us put in $20 for it.

On the other hand, this Karl May box set is 8 cds at Eur 140. Let's put it at $250 if you include shipping to Jeric. That's a lot of money per cd (approx $31) especially for scores that very few of us have heard (aside from the brief samples). And 5 of those 8 cds are by Martin Bottcher.

I think we should try to be a bit conservative and look for simpler alternatives for now. Get a few cheap albums added; gauge how the response to the music is, and then look at trying to be completists. Looking at Amazon Germany website there are a number of Karl May compilations for as cheap as Eur 6 (used cds). That 3cd box set for Eur 10 that Galfin suggested looks great! I would prefer to start with cds like that and later look at expanding things.

What do you think?
Finland GalFin
Captain
Captain

GalFin is offline View user's profile Send private message View GalFin's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:50 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

BhelPuri wrote:
I think we should try to be a bit conservative and look for simpler alternatives for now. Get a few cheap albums added; gauge how the response to the music is, and then look at trying to be completists. Looking at Amazon Germany website there are a number of Karl May compilations for as cheap as Eur 6 (used cds). That 3cd box set for Eur 10 that Galfin suggested looks great! I would prefer to start with cds like that and later look at expanding things.

Thank you BP for a very reasonable reply. I completely agree with you. I'm also still willing to donate that 3 cd box.
msz
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 24127

msz is offline View user's profile Send private message msz's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:55 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

i vote "yes" - this music brings back a lot of childhood memories....
USA zgurl49
Commander
Commander

Member#: 15310

zgurl49 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View zgurl49's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:58 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

GalFin wrote:
BhelPuri wrote:

Thank you BP for a very reasonable reply. I completely agree with you. I'm also still willing to donate that 3 cd box.

I totally agree and support this idea. I voted no originally because just like BP said we don't know what the response will be towards this music and I think the money for an 8cd box set that may or may not be widely accepted should go towards something else.

I would love to be able to experience some other works though if they are quite a bit cheaper.
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 21914

NessySheep is offline View user's profile Send private message View NessySheep's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:56 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

zgurl49 wrote:

we don't know what the response will be towards this music

BhelPuri wrote:

That's a lot of money per cd (approx $31) especially for scores that very few of us have heard (aside from the brief samples).

Well, i wouldn't agree that nobody knows the music. Social Dynamics says that last month we had many listeners from Germany (like every moth) and most of them know that music from their childhood. In Germany everybody knows Karl May and the music of the movies. Even my Dad, who is more than 30 years older than i am loves the music as much as I do !
USA zgurl49
Commander
Commander

Member#: 15310

zgurl49 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View zgurl49's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:56 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

NessySheep wrote:
zgurl49 wrote:

we don't know what the response will be towards this music

BhelPuri wrote:

That's a lot of money per cd (approx $31) especially for scores that very few of us have heard (aside from the brief samples).

Well, i wouldn't agree that nobody knows the music. Social Dynamics says that last month we had many listeners from Germany (like every moth) and most of them know that music from their childhood. In Germany everybody knows Karl May and the music of the movies. Even my Dad, who is more than 30 years older than i am loves the music as much as I do !

That may be true Nessy, but I still feel it's too expensive and too long. I think we should try a smaller compilation to test the composer out first, and then try to get this added. But that is just my opinion. Smile
Ensign

Member#: 27076

Gautatyr is offline View user's profile Send private message View Gautatyr's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:48 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

But after adding the 3 CD Box-Set we wouldnt have to add the 8CD Box, because we would have some tracks in our archive from that 3CD-version and after that it would be even harder to find a consence about adding the rest of the "5 CD's".
I think its a very specific case this time, because its a soundtrack thats requested by the "german part" of SST. As Nessy said, mostly everyone in Germany know and loves the Karl May Novels and Movies. In my case ive read the same books that my father read...ive seen the movies a thousand times and still love them. Its a part of my childhood as i sad before.

Another suggestion: what about to fund the first half of the price with sponsors and the second half from the regular budget? As i said before i would sponsor at leasts 5€ for this ST.

Sorry for my bad english Wink but i hope you got an idea about my point of view
Netherlands Dutchbat
Captain
Captain

Member#: 22196

Dutchbat is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dutchbat's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted yes, It would be good to have some Old Shatterhand moviemusic in the library.
But only from the movies not the TV-series.
If Nessy says it's good, let's go for it.

take a look at my collection: My album list
Netherlands Haino
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 21194

Haino is offline View user's profile Send private message View Haino's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:58 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wink

Last edited by Haino on Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Germany ZeframCochrane
Captain
Captain

Member#: 25890

ZeframCochrane is offline View user's profile Send private message ZeframCochrane's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:45 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted with -- Yes --

It is a top old Western-Soundtrack

listen and enjoy

Thank you,Nessy :O)
Ensign

Member#: 27076

Gautatyr is offline View user's profile Send private message View Gautatyr's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont we need a consens now?
Germany NessySheep
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 21914

NessySheep is offline View user's profile Send private message View NessySheep's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:42 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Gautatyr wrote:
But after adding the 3 CD Box-Set we wouldnt have to add the 8CD Box, because we would have some tracks in our archive from that 3CD-version and after that it would be even harder to find a consence about adding the rest of the "5 CD's".

YAY ! Now we'r at that point Rolling Eyes
Finland GalFin
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

NessySheep wrote:
Gautatyr wrote:

YAY ! Now we'r at that point Rolling Eyes

Nessy,

*sigh* I just knew this comment was coming.... *shakes head*
The 8-cd box is still there... Go ahead and raise money towards its purchase and I'm pretty sure it would be added. Duplicate tracks could then be removed. But let's just now enjoy to this compilation. It's better than no Martin Böttcher at all, you know!

Anyway, all the best and enjoy the album! Smile
GalFin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: