StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

2009 SST Awards: Track of the Year Nominees
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:45 am   Post subject: 2009 SST Awards: Track of the Year Nominees Reply with quote

Please submit your nomination(s) here. You may nominate as many as you want but not the same entry more than once.

Thank you!

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
France Alchemist VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 4272

Alchemist is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Alchemist's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to nominate CAPRICA End Credits!

Bear McCreary composed a haunting soundtrack which reaches its apogee with this track -- a beautiful summary of the album and a prelude to what the show will sound like.
UK Dragonel VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

aw

Member#: 21881

Dragonel is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dragonel's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Songs of Captivity & Freedom from Doctor Who Series 4.

Song of Freedom (same album) is a beautiful aria with classical overtones which rightly stands out amidst the dramatic works on this soundtrack, but in my opinion, the companion piece Songs of Captivity & Freedom is even better, adding a haunting quality as the song of a race of slaves, still imprisoned but seeking freedom.
It makes me want to push my chair back & join my voice to the song and always tugs on the heartstrings, yet contains the defiant quality of "we are free even if you enslave us". A beautiful, poignant piece of music I'm delighted to play as often as possible.
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 16253

Genpoint is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Genpoint's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:47 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow Becoming a Dancer from Mao's Last Dancer

It has so many quality elements from Christopher Gordon's score including the mix of asian and western sounds.
USA JadedTitan VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 19134

JadedTitan is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View JadedTitan's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:05 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrival of the Birds The Crimson Wing: Mystery of the Flamingos (Les Ailes Pourpres: Le Mystere Des Flamants)

...If it is allowed i nominate this track, love this score and i think this track is gorgeous as it sums up the main theme in its grand opening of the documentary.
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 18704

SiriusCreations is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View SiriusCreations's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

JadedTitan wrote:
Arrival of the Birds The Crimson Wing: Mystery of the Flamingos (Les Ailes Pourpres: Le Mystere Des Flamants)

...If it is allowed i nominate this track, love this score and i think this track is gorgeous as it sums up the main theme in its grand opening of the documentary.

mmm well this beautiful track/album is donated and added in 2009 but it is a 2008 album, so I do not think it will be in the final phase when there is a voting.

Maybe something for next year a new category, albums from an earlier year but added/donated in the current year
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

JadedTitan is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View JadedTitan's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

i wrote about this issue though in the album nomination...the album was released in 2009 the film was 2008, i think it should be allowed...but my opinion (and amazon says so)

* will find another track if need be *
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:55 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

SiriusCreations wrote:

Maybe something for next year a new category, albums from an earlier year but added/donated in the current year

Maybe "Revelation of the year"?

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
Portugal NanM
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 16245

NanM is offline View user's profile Send private message View NanM's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:06 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Enterprising Young Men (Star Trek)
Germany tinkerbelle
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 25449

tinkerbelle is offline View user's profile Send private message View tinkerbelle's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:58 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The International - End Title

Angels & Demons - 503
Captain
Captain

aw

Member#: 8729

Nate is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Nate's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:52 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

SiriusCreations wrote:
JadedTitan wrote:

mmm well this beautiful track/album is donated and added in 2009 but it is a 2008 album, so I do not think it will be in the final phase when there is a voting.

Well it is this type of confusion with an album that brings me back to my point of at least having some very basic rules for these awards so that people know what can and can't be nominated.

Frankly, I think Crimson Wing: Mystery of the Flamingos should be able to be nominated for Album of the Year, Track of the Year and Cover Art of the Year.

While the year listing on the album shows 2008 here on SST I find that misleading for several reasons. First, the year field shown on album page relates to when the MOVIE was released, NOT when the ALBUM was released. Ideally, I think there should be a field to designate when the movie was released and another field to designate when the album was released.

Okay, so given that the year field relates to the year the movie was released lets take a closer look at the release schedule for Crimson Wing: Mystery of the Flamingo according to IMDB:

France: 17 December 2008
Lithuania: 12 March 2009
Czech Republic: 29 March 2009
Estonia: 10 April 2009
Latvia: 24 April 2009
Kazakhstan: 7 May 2009
UK: June 2009
Japan: 28 August 2009
Sweden: 18 September 2009
UK: 25 September 2009
USA: October 2009
Germany: 3 December 2009

While the premier release of the movie was at the tail end of 2008, I would argue that 2008 isn't really a good indication of when the movie was released. The bulk of the world got the opportunity to see the movie in 2009 and specifically it wasn't even released in the US until October 2009.

So, all things considered I think that Crimson Wing should definitely be available for nomination in the three categories listed above.

Personally, I think that the rules for eligibility should be something like an album released within the calendar year for a movie/game that was released within the calendar year, or the preceding calendar year (and then for any movie released further back than the preceding calendar year the album must be considered in the Legacy Soundtrack of the Year category). This allows for anomalies that happen at the end of the year when a movie is released, but a CD doesn't come out until the next year (A great upcoming example is Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus which will theaterically come out this year but the album doesn't make it out until 2010 thus the music should be considered for nomination in 2010 and not 2009). Plus, this would definitely help in clearing up any confusion!
Netherlands SiriusCreations VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

SiriusCreations is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View SiriusCreations's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

JadedTitan wrote:
* will find another track if need be *

BTW you can nominate more tracks than only one Wink
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:53 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Boeuf Bourguignon from Julia & Julia

I love a lot of songs off this album so choosing one that was really THE BEST was hard, but i think this track sums up the great light hearted feeling of the score, giving both a taste of the Julie and Julia motifs of the score Smile

also...

Forgiveness from The Home of Dark Butterflies

This is a great score from a new composer, this song is the best track on the album, playing the beautiful piano theme and concluding the story.
Captain

Member#: 16007

alien_avatar is offline View user's profile Send private message View alien_avatar's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:30 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Gaeta's Lament from Battlestar Galactica: Season 4 by BearMcCreary

No particular reason, except that I like it. Wink
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

alien_avatar wrote:
...No particular reason, except that I like it. Wink

That is a very good reason!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: