StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Most-requested soundtracks?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
chriss_co
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

Member#: 64

chriss_co is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website chriss_co's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 5:46 pm   Post subject: Most-requested soundtracks? Reply with quote

I think I can guess what would be at the general top of the list though. I dont want to sound cynical but anything from Star Wars, or those strange game orchestra/game music (eg Dracula) stuff that CONSTANTLY gets requested would be up there. Sometimes I wished they were removed!

Anyways, I dont request tracks from the same album more than 1-2 times a week. But there is a line in how much game orchestral music my ears can take.

However, I would also like to know what are the most requested albums/tracks!
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 6:44 pm   Post subject: Most-requested soundtracks? Reply with quote

That is something I have been wanting to do for a long time now. I need to find a program that will turn my requests.log into stats. I also plan to up this to 25 because I want to add my Top 25 soundtracks also, if you all care. So maybe soon we'll have:

1. Top 25 Rated by Listeners
2. Top 25 Rated by JERIC
3. Top 25 Requested Albums
4. Top 25 Requested Songs

I also realize that some people tend to pick the same few songs repeatedly. As of now, my software only prevents repeats within the last 98 songs, which is only about 5 hours. But soon, I will be able to adjust that to a time period instead. Maybe no repeats for 2 days? Why not? With over 11,000 songs it would be nice to hear most of them.

Thanks for your feedback!

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
esparvel
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 116

esparvel is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website esparvel's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 11:36 pm   Post subject: Most-requested soundtracks? Reply with quote

That sounds like a good idea, at least it wouldn't happen anymore what was happening a few months ago when that 35' track was played up to six times in 36 hours.
As you say, there are tons of soundtracks in this place, I only hope the automatic selection will follow this rule. [Wink]
Cadet 3

Member#: 213

mutara is offline View user's profile Send private message mutara's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 2:13 am   Post subject: Most-requested soundtracks? Reply with quote

How about a list showing the most-requested songs for the past week/month? It could logically go on the Top 20 page so it wouldn't take up any main page space. I'd even be interested in seeing two lists, one by song and one by soundtrack. Would the software allow for this kind of functionality?
USA Hart
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

aw

Member#: 53

Hart is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Hart's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 6:19 am   Post subject: Most-requested soundtracks? Reply with quote

I think that it is a little repetitive at times to hear a track over and over, however, trying to up the request to two so people will be more eager to try new tracks only makes a huge queue, as we all are aware. So, I can see the logic in making a track only requestable once a day, but for two days, I don't know. I'm all for different tracks being played, I currently randomly pick a letter and then go to a movie that interests me at the moment.(This has caused massive auditory trama at times!) On to another subject,seeing the top picks would be interesting, if even for curiousity's sake.

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 7:36 am   Post subject: Most-requested soundtracks? Reply with quote

I just threw a number 2 up there. But 24 hours without repeats would be more realistic even though the playlist is over a month long. [Wink] Before SST, I remember listening to other stations and just hearing the same song once a day 3-4 days in a row kind of annoyed me.

Yvond
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 39

Yvond is offline View user's profile Send private message Yvond's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 9:21 am   Post subject: Most-requested soundtracks? Reply with quote

I most heartily agree. After all, I do get tired of hearing Star Wars tracks every hour. In addition, I think it would allow us to explore the depth of your collection and diversify the listening base.
USA Hart
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

aw

Member#: 53

Hart is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Hart's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 9:24 am   Post subject: Most-requested soundtracks? Reply with quote

You've convinced me Kaiser. [Big Grin] Having 11,000 tracks go to waste is a tragedy, sometimes forcing people to be eclectic is necessary.
Cadet 3

Member#: 64

chriss_co is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website chriss_co's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 3:30 pm   Post subject: Most-requested soundtracks? Reply with quote

Speaking of polls...

how often does the top 20 rated soundtracks get updated? its been awhile now hasn't it?
USA mutara
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

Member#: 213

mutara is offline View user's profile Send private message mutara's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 4:06 pm   Post subject: Most-requested soundtracks? Reply with quote

Imho, 8 hours is enough of a time limit on duplicate songs. Many people like myself listen at work, since it's the only time during the day we're regularly around the computer, so not getting duplicates for that time would be nice. But once I go home, I don't know or care what people listen to the other 16 hours of the day. I know many of you listen for longer periods, but I think 8 hours would allow listeners across the globe enough leeway to get their favorite songs in while still limiting the repeats.

Maybe, if the technology allowed, the playlists could include the last time that track was requested. That way we could easily see the tracks that haven't been played in a while. That might encourage more variety in the song selection.
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 4:18 pm   Post subject: Most-requested soundtracks? Reply with quote

But if people want to hear/pick the same songs every day, then why not just buy the CD?

Caliburn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 11:09 pm   Post subject: Most-requested soundtracks? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by JERIC:
But if people want to hear/pick the same songs every day, then why not just buy the CD?

Easy answered. For the majority of the listeners this is a free radiostation. On which they can listenen to their favourite tracks without having to pay for it.

Another reason which also applies to myself personnally is that I like only one or two tracks of certain soundtracks. Take the Star Wars soundtracks for example. Of all the albums I only like the theme songs, like the main title, imperial march, duel of the fates, love theme and of course the finale. I won't buy a complete soundtrack if I only like one track.

Sorry Jeric your request system is just too good [Wink]
Germany Mr_Pink
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 219

Mr_Pink is offline View user's profile Send private message Mr_Pink's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 1:36 pm   Post subject: Most-requested soundtracks? Reply with quote

Wouldn't it be nice to have a seperate queue playing a whole soundtrack - one after the other? I mean if I'm interested in a ST I'll certainly buy it, but of course before I'll do that I want to listen to it and not even to one title. And the fact that one IP can only choose one or maybe two titles per hour just dismisses the idea of listening to the entire ST!
Maybe once per day (or all two/three days) the most wanted ST could be played?

Forget abgout the idea of a seperate queue; there would not be enough bandwidth!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: