StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Listen to SST on your cell phone - anywhere!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Streaming
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Sweden Abraham
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 22384

Abraham is offline View user's profile Send private message Abraham's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:44 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

this sounds very nice i have too try.
Cadet 1

Member#: 5360

Knickfreak is offline View user's profile Send private message Knickfreak's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:39 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

iPhone 3G. Download the app called 'Tuner' by NullRiver (it costs 5 bux). Enter the stream in and you're golden. It streams 128kbps over 3G (could get choppy if you're on the move).
Van
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 255

Van is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Van's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:38 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

You can also get Fstream from the appstore for the new iPhone 3G. It is free, and that is what I am using. My work has prevented me from streaming music over their network because they don't have enough bandwidth. So now, I can listen to SST as I code at work (again, finally!).

Speaking of, JERIC, I was pondering writing a client to run on the iPhone that was more tightly integrated with SST or some of the other sites. Would you guys be interested in that?
USA weaponlordzero
Captain
Captain

Member#: 15677

weaponlordzero is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View weaponlordzero's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:50 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Van wrote:
You can also get Fstream from the appstore for the new iPhone 3G. It is free, and that is what I am using. My work has prevented me from streaming music over their network because they don't have enough bandwidth. So now, I can listen to SST as I code at work (again, finally!).

Speaking of, JERIC, I was pondering writing a client to run on the iPhone that was more tightly integrated with SST or some of the other sites. Would you guys be interested in that?

I think that would be pretty sweet but if you do it, maybe it should span all of the 24seven.fm stations....
Ensign

Member#: 255

Van is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Van's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

That shouldn't be difficult, if all of the sites support the same API (which I assume they do). Is there some development documentation that I can browse, or is it sprinkled through the forums?

I was thinking of building a way to display what is currently streaming, what is queued, requesting a queue, maybe a few other things. Right now, my streaming client makes it difficult to know what is actually playing. I end up having the web page up so I can see what is currently playing, but streaming through my cell phone.

It also might be cool to have a way to bookmark certain songs, or tag them for later perusal (when I'm sitting at iTunes and about to buy the album), easy ways to purchase the album (much like Pandora).

Feel free to send me a note about it if you guys think there would be a lot of interest.
Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:44 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Van wrote:
Is there some development documentation that I can browse (...)?

Hello Van!
Could this thread be helpful for you?:
http://www.streamingsoundtracks.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5018

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
USA Cyberbrain
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 185

Cyberbrain is offline View user's profile Send private message Cyberbrain's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:34 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Works with Windows Mobile 6 phones.

Just run Media Player, then do Open URL and put in the SST streaming address in and click ok!
USA jackkerouac127
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 3569

jackkerouac127 is offline View user's profile Send private message View jackkerouac127's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:30 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Works on my new Palm Pre. Just go to the listening page in the web browser and select either the Winamp or VLC mp3 streams. This is sweet.
joshmccrarey
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 26677

joshmccrarey is offline View user's profile Send private message View joshmccrarey's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The catch: The unlimited data plan.
USA CVinHawaii VIP (subscribed member)
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 18099

CVinHawaii is offline View user's profile Send private message View CVinHawaii's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:55 pm   Post subject: Help with setting up Fstream? Reply with quote

Van wrote:

Sorry to be so hopeless. Can you help me - what do you put in for the URL and Format?

Thank you, CVinHawaii (aka Maria Maunez)
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 24103

duc is offline View user's profile Send private message View duc's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Van wrote:

thx for the info... and i would love to have an app for sst Smile
Switzerland duc
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 24103

duc is offline View user's profile Send private message View duc's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:30 pm   Post subject: Re: Help with setting up Fstream? Reply with quote

CVinHawaii wrote:
Van wrote:

Sorry to be so hopeless. Can you help me - what do you put in for the URL and Format?

Thank you, CVinHawaii (aka Maria Maunez)

How to:
1. Download FStream from the Appstore (free)
2. Start the App
3. Choose Favorites --> Edit
4. Add new Webradio
5. Choose a Name like SST or Streamingsountracks
6. Enter URL (http://loudcity.com/stations/streamingsoundtracks-com/files/show/aacplus-lo.asx) will work --> 32 kBit (less Data) I think the other links from http://loudcity.com/stations/streamingsoundtracks-com/files/show/index.htm will also work. If you prefer 64 kBit --> .../aacplus-hi.asx)
7. Press Save! Else your link will be lost and you have to reenter it.
8. Choose More... -> Settings --> enable Cellular Network
9. Choose Play --> SST / Streamingsoundtracks

Have fun
Australia Darth_Thor
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 16311

Darth_Thor is offline View user's profile Send private message Darth_Thor's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to see if anyone had managed to find a client for the E63 which would play SST?

The main problem seems to be since we cleared out the MP3 streams and only do AAC+ or WMA, the clients mentioned previously for Symbian no longer will work

Indeed SST is in the official Nokia Internet Radio client, but as per https://irbcast.nokia.com/nmds/supported_codecs.html Internet Radio on the E63 doesn't support AAC+ (despite the fact it plays AAC files.... )

The only option I can see thus far is the paid for Core Player from http://coreplayer.com/ but not entirely sure if that would work either
Gazpachete
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 28502

Gazpachete is offline View user's profile Send private message Gazpachete's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:59 am   Post subject: AoR android Reply with quote

Hello. I am new here but Ive been hearing the channela a lot.

I would like to add the channel in an android radio streming. I am trying to use AOR program (A Online Radio) because you can add the url. But it´s not working. You know how I can do it with my htc hero?

I have tried that link and it should work:

http://loudcity.com/stations/streamingsoundtracks-com/files/show/aacplus-hi.pls

Thank you
USA Kinnicutt VIP (subscribed member)
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

Member#: 29618

Kinnicutt is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Kinnicutt's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:28 am   Post subject: Streaming on an Android....? Reply with quote

Hello, Folks.

Is there anyone that currently listens to SST on their Android phone? I have tried AOR (Android Online Radio). It shows up in a search inside the app, but upon selecting the stream it buffers for a few seconds then kicks out. It's the only stream on there that pretends to work but doesn't.

I've tried it on an app called XiiaLive and it said it streamed AAC+ Same thing, buffered and stopped.

Is there a working solution out there? Confused

I have Android OS 2.2 currently.

Thanks.
kinnicutt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Streaming All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: