StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Add: Clannad Themes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Added
View previous topic :: View next topic 

Add "Clannad Themes" to the playlist
Sure, throw it all in!
41%
 41%  [ 5 ]
Nahh, keep it all out.
50%
 50%  [ 6 ]
Put in the instrumentals, but keep out the 80s English pop songs!
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 12

Canada ld80061
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 18198

ld80061 is offline View user's profile Send private message View ld80061's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:48 pm   Post subject: Add: Clannad Themes Reply with quote

Clannad Themes is a collection of movie themes, created and performed by Clannad. Clannad is a notable Irish band, which focuses on Celtic music.

Some notable 80s & 90s adult pop music is present, as well as instrumentals - some lively, some mystical - that I greatly enjoy.

My own favorites include
Songs that I like include:
"Ri Na Cruinne" - Celtic chant, strong Celtic beat
"Atlantic Realm" - strongly mystical instrumental, some background Celtic vocals
"Theme From Harry's Game" - gentle Celtic song, slowing and soft instrumental accompaniment
"Theme from the Dolphin Connection" - a good contemplation/rest song, like cool water after a hard day's work.

Honorary mention: "A Dream In The Night" - not quite my style - too instinct and soft - but certainly has merit.

I also enjoyed "Both Sides Now", "I Will Find You" and "In A Lifetime", but they are definitely part of the 80's pop music scene. The pros and cons of their inclusion should be weighed before they are added.

I strongly recommend that you listen to the samples available at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Clannad-Themes/dp/B000005J85/ref=sr_1_46/002-8449715-4512048?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1183774712&sr=8-46
so that you can make an informed decision.
USA Twopop VIP (subscribed member)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 7382

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:31 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Great post. It's great to have a fellow New Age fan here, ld80061! Very Happy

I'm going to vote 'yes' on the Narada release of Columbus: Age of Discovery, but unfortunately 'no' on this Clannad one.

Reasons are:
1) On a personal side, although SST has many tracks with vocals and they are very popular with most listeners, I prefer having fewer of them. There's just something about hearing words that breaks my concentration.

2) From the Admin side, if we were to get this CD, only half of the tracks would be added because of our policy not to have duplicate tracks. Six of these are already in the SST playlist (#2,4,6,7,9,11). Four are on Clannad-Legend.
Canada ld80061
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

ld80061 is offline View user's profile Send private message View ld80061's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:01 pm   Post subject: New Agers, Yeah! Reply with quote

It's true, I'm a New Age/Japanese Anime kind of guy! I favour the "Golden Age" of Narada Records and Windham Hill, from the 80s to the late 90s.

No problem if this album voted out, but a man's gotta try - 'nothing ventured, nothing gained' and all that.

I know where you're coming from, in regard to speech in music. I usually dislike it myself in soundtracks also, but I have a permanent spot for 80s music - "the sound of my youth" yadda yadda yadda.

I considered adding a polling option, "Instrumentals only - no English or Celtic singing" but I decided against it. If we're going to go that route, the money really should be spent on another album, at least for now. What's Clannad without Celtic lyrics, really?

Last edited by ld80061 on Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
USA Twopop VIP (subscribed member)

Member#: 7382

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:06 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

ld80061 wrote:
I'm a Japanese Anime kind of guy!

Boy, have you ever come to the right place! Tons of anime fans here.
If you have suggestions and links for great must-have anime scores, I know many people would love to hear about them.
Canada ld80061
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

StreamingSoundtracks already has Patlabor 2 and WXIII, so what else could you possibly need? Wink

But I'll keep an ear out for more good Anime music. Not A Problem!
03 Feb 10 - 18:21:14 > taryn: LD Yes mooooood music Cool
France Alchemist VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 4272

Alchemist is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Alchemist's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:13 am   Post subject: Re: New Agers, Yeah! Reply with quote

I also voted no -- for the reasons Two mentioned above BUT I think I'll order it for myself, so thank you for requesting it! Very Happy

ld80061 wrote:
I'm a New Age/Japanese Anime kind of guy!

Great! Any chance to see you join the Hisaishi Fan Club? Wink
Canada ld80061
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:56 pm   Post subject: Re: New Agers, Yeah! Reply with quote

Alchemist wrote:
I also voted no -- for the reasons Two mentioned above BUT I think I'll order it for myself, so thank you for requesting it! Very Happy

ld80061 wrote:
I'm a New Age/Japanese Anime kind of guy!

Great! Any chance to see you join the Hisaishi Fan Club? Wink

Here, I get to show my ignorance and ask "What's the Hisaishi Fan Club?" (scratches head)
Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:12 pm   Post subject: Re: New Agers, Yeah! Reply with quote

ld80061 wrote:

Here, I get to show my ignorance and ask "What's the Hisaishi Fan Club?" (scratches head)

I hope Alchemist (who is HFC's "vice-president" and I'm only a member) will forgive me, I'm writing this... Wink

Here is the link that will tell you nearly all the story about SST's Hisaishi Fan Club (HFC), ld80061.

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
USA AK-Mal_Owner
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 4415

AK-Mal_Owner is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AK-Mal_Owner's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

For the same reasons Two mentioned, I also voted no... but like Alchem... I'm adding it to my wish list (can't have too much Clannad.)

-tg
Netherlands SiriusCreations VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 18704

SiriusCreations is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View SiriusCreations's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:17 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Added
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Added All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: