StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

A way to keep StreamingSoundtracks alive

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Trilobyte
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 58

Trilobyte is offline View user's profile Send private message Trilobyte's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 7:24 pm   Post subject: A way to keep StreamingSoundtracks alive Reply with quote

I haven't visited in a while, but now I see that things aren't looking up for internet webcasters. So here's my idea of an "afterlife" for StreamingSoundtracks:

Maybe this can turn into a soundtrack review site! Since SST already has an impressive soundtrack collection, JERIC could write reviews for existing soundtracks. The forum and chat could be kept alive so everyone can stay in touch and share their thoughts on soundtracks.

The store can be kept open to generate revenue. If additional soundtracks were purchased or donated, they can be reviewed too.

If conditions allow, there can be one weekend a year (maybe on SST's anniversary?) when preselected tracks are streamed, to celebrate the prevailing of SST. Maybe some fundraising event could be held to make this possible.

What do you think?
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 3:43 am   Post subject: A way to keep StreamingSoundtracks alive Reply with quote

Those are great ideas. If I had to shut down the webcast I would still definately keep the whole site up. I have been thinking of ways to keep this site alive even after the death of webcasting. Because who knows, we might get resurrected once the RIAA realizes how much promotional value they lost or if our lawmakers smarten up about all this. One thing I am torn about is still buying new CDs after the death of webcasting. I definately want to boycott the record industry if there is a bad conclusion to all this. But it is hard to boycott soundtracks, something we all love so much. Keep the ideas coming...

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: