StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Add: Paint Your Wagon (1969 Film) [Soundtrack] by Various (1969)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Added
View previous topic :: View next topic 

Add it?
Yes
58%
 58%  [ 10 ]
No
29%
 29%  [ 5 ]
Maybe
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 17

USA Dagda
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 26675

Dagda is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dagda's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:36 pm   Post subject: Add: Paint Your Wagon (1969 Film) [Soundtrack] by Various (1969) Reply with quote

Paint Your Wagon (1969 Film) [Soundtrack] - Various

Buy at Amazon

Track List:

1.I'm on My Way (Main Title from Paint Your Wagon)
2.I Still See Elisa
3.First Thing You Know
4.Hand Me Down That Can O' Beans
5.They Call the Wind Maria
6.Million Miles Away Behind the Door
7.There's a Coach Comin' In
8.Whoop-Ti-Ay! (Shivaree)
9.I Talk to the Trees
10.Gospel of No Name City
11.Best Thing
12.Wand'rin Star
13.Gold Fever
14.Finale

Paint Your Wagon, comprising the tentative but melodic voice of Clint Eastwood with 'I Still See Elisa' and 'I Talk To The Trees', the gravelly voice of Lee Marvin and 'Wan'drin' Star', and the deep baritone of Harve Presnell's rendition of 'They Call The Wind Maria' is a wonderfully colorful take on life during the Goldrush era of America. Listen as those 'Miner '49'ers' struggle against the elements, and each other, to find riches, and even wives, in the back of beyond.
This soundtrack is a must-have because, quite simply, it is fun, bawdy, and raucous ... in the nicest possible way.

I tried to add a couple of samples but the links from amazon were invalid so I had to remove them. However, you can hear them by going to the amazon.com site and clicking the links directly Smile
USA Caisha
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

Member#: 22536

Caisha is offline View user's profile Send private message View Caisha's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:52 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, please add this one. Who can resist Clint Eastwood singing?
Germany tinkerbelle
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 25449

tinkerbelle is offline View user's profile Send private message View tinkerbelle's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:42 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

voted yes ... not only because of Clint eastwood singing but mainly for Lee Marvin and his "Wandrin Star" .

I would be great to have it on SST!
Captain
Captain

Member#: 25890

ZeframCochrane is offline View user's profile Send private message ZeframCochrane's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:45 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Voted..---YES--- Lee Marvin ''Wand'rin Star'' Very Happy
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Caisha wrote:
yes, please add this one. Who can resist Clint Eastwood singing?

It's easier than you think. I remember this as a terrible movie, and I hope people don't want to add it just for novelty value. There are better recordings of the songs out there.
USA Dagda
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 26675

Dagda is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dagda's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:13 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't novelty derived from the Latin word novus, which means new?
But perhaps you refer to the soundtrack as being novel, meaning that it is striking, original or unusual?
Heaven forbid that anyone would want to listen to something that is striking or original. And I see/hear nothing unusual in the renditions of the songs in the Paint Your Wagon movie soundtrack.
Like many listeners I wasn't alive in 1951 to see the original Broadway Musical but I was able to watch the movie after it was released in 1969. I can put faces to the voices that sing the songs and that is what makes listening to them much more enjoyable. The fact that those faces belong to well-known and, in many cases, well-loved big-screen stars does not make it novel but it does make it fun and isn't that what music should be ... fun?
UK SnoopyShiro
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 24383

SnoopyShiro is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View SnoopyShiro's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm shocked Dagda, why on earth would You want this added to the SST library? Well I'm afraid I'm going to have to be different & vote with a resounding & reassuring Yes... The Man from Del Monte, also say YES!!! Great score & very surprised to learn this ain't on SST already. Wand'rin Star , is my favourite. I've heard it in the past due to Me, Dad playing it, when He was around. So,

"I know what you're thinking... Did He vote 6 times.. Or only 5? Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement i kinda lost track myself. But being this is SST the most powerful Soundtrack Radio Station in the world & would blow your mind & ears clean off, you've got to ask yourself 1 question... Do I feel lucky? Well do you punk?

Well actually I do about this one, lol!
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:55 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I miswrote, I suppose, when I used the word "novelty." I wasn't describing the soundtrack. I was describing people wanting to hear Eastwood sing just because the thought never occurred to them. But as I am clearly in the minority, I have no trouble expressing my opinion. I think the movie was boring, the soundtrack is on the weak side and I don't think it should be added.
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 7382

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not a big fan of having musicals as part of the SST playlist. But some poeple are, and JERIC does his best to make everyone happy - an impossible task actually.

Although I really like some of the songs from Paint Your Wagon, I think it would not be a good addition to the library so I voted No.

btw - This isn't to discourage Dagda or anyone else from requesting. My vote doesn't carry any more weight than anyone else's. So keep it up. Smile
USA zgurl49
Commander
Commander

Member#: 15310

zgurl49 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View zgurl49's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted yes
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 8:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Added

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Added All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: