StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

First Annual SST Royal Rumble
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Playground
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Netherlands SiriusCreations VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 18704

SiriusCreations is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View SiriusCreations's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:37 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

molossus wrote:
Alan Silvestri

mol you are one hour too early to vote again Wink

So revote after one hour if needed or choose another one who still is in the ring
Finland GalFin
Captain
Captain

Member#: 16241

GalFin is offline View user's profile Send private message View GalFin's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:49 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

David Newman
Germany tinkerbelle
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 25449

tinkerbelle is offline View user's profile Send private message View tinkerbelle's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:06 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

James Newton-Howard
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 12806

mnlarcher is offline View user's profile Send private message mnlarcher's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:53 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ennio Morricone
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

SiriusCreations wrote:
molossus wrote:
Alan Silvestri

mol you are one hour too early to vote again Wink

You are right Sirius!
That's because of daylight saving time started on sunday and I cast my sunday vote looking at the clock with a new time (summer time) but couting the hours from my saturday (previous) vote timed in forums according to winter time Embarassed

Frankly, I did realized (after posting of course) that my Thomas Newman vote from Sunday March 28th, 2010 3:59 pm was an hour too early (but left it to Johnny's judgement) but didn't realize that my vote today is once again one hour too early. No excuse this time. Very Happy
Thanks for heads up!

Quote:
So revote after one hour if needed or choose another one who still is in the ring

I revote now and it's still Alan Silvestri!

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan

Last edited by molossus on Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
USA Johnny_Cage
Commander
Commander

Member#: 9964

Johnny_Cage is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Johnny_Cage's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:30 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Morricone catches Barry with a stiff uppercut and then lifts him in a firemans carry and tries to dump him out of the ring. JNH takes advantage of the two distracted opponents and lifts Morricone over the ropes with Barry still in his hands. Both Morricone and Barry stumble to the outside floor. JNH has no time to regroup as he is met with a running punch from David Newman. Newman holds JNH in a northern lights suplex position and succeeds in throwing him over his head and out to the floor. Silvestri then sneaks up behind Newman and tries to apply a head-arm choke. It is countered and Newman lifts Silvestri for a scoop slam. Silvestri counters that and carries Newman backward toward the ropes and throws him out. Carter Burwell approaches Silvestri and trades punches with him. It appears to be a stalemate until HGW approaches the pair, grabs both heads and collides them together like a pair of wrecking balls. Silvestri and Burwell are too dizzy to react. HGW throws out Silvestri while at the other end of the ring, Joe Hisaishi throws Burwell up and over. The crowd goes wild and cheers loudly for the final two competitors standing in the ring. Harry Gregson-Williams and Joe Hisaishi both turn around slowly and dramatically until each person's pair of eyes are fixed on to their adversary. The two walk slowly to the center of the ring, neither of them looking away from each other. They meet in the dead center of the ring and stand just inches apart. A long staredown follows and the crowd is on their feet.

Ennio Morricone, John Barry, Carter Burwell, David Newman, James Newton Howard and Alan Silvestri are eliminated!

- Harry Gregson-Williams (4)
- Joe Hisaishi (4)
"You have been chosen to represent Earth in Mortal Kombat. Be warned. Although your souls are protected from Shao Kahn's evil: your lives are not. I cannot interfere any longer as your Earth is now ruled by the Outworld gods."
Netherlands SiriusCreations VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 18704

SiriusCreations is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View SiriusCreations's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:44 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

if I have to choose between these two it would be Harry Gregson-Williams
France masked_platypus VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 18358

masked_platypus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View masked_platypus's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:06 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

So, that means that if I choose Joe Hisaishi, noone survives?
Commander

Member#: 15310

zgurl49 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View zgurl49's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:21 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that means Joe Hisaishi wins!!
Commander

Johnny_Cage is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Johnny_Cage's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hisaishi shoves Williams backward. Williams responds with a shove of his own. Hisaishi slaps Williams in the face and mockingly laughs at him. Williams laughs too and then slaps back. The fury of punches begin. No more time for messing around. Each man runs the ropes, criss-crossing each other's paths. Williams stops in mid-track and lays down underneath, waiting for Hisaishi to run over him. Hisaishi puts on the brakes and drops the leg on Williams. He crouches over his fallen opponent and repeatedly punches him in the head. He picks him up and irish whips him to the ropes. Hisaishi ducks his head in a ready position for a back body drop. This time, Williams puts on the brakes and kicks the unsuspecting Hisaishi, knocking him to the mat. Hisaishi quickly recovers and is met with a short clothesline. Williams attempts a DDT. Hisaishi reverses it into a side suplex. He then throws Williams into the turnbuckle. He runs into him with a high knee and then climbs to the second turnbuckle to deliver more punches to Williams. After the fifth punch, Williams finds enough strength to throw Hisaishi off into an inverted atomic drop and then a running clothesline. Williams picks him off the ground and points to the side of the ring nearest to the entrance ramp, signaling where he plans to eliminate Hisaishi. With Hisaishi in his grasp he runs over to the ropes, but Hisaishi manages to get the upper hand and reverse the throw. Williams flips over the ropes and lands on the ring apron. He tries to re-enter the ring, but Hisaishi won't let him. Hisaishi continues the offense, punishing Williams with chops and punches. One after the other. Williams has no-one to plead for help to bail him out. He hangs onto the ropes with a death grip, for if he lets go, he'll fall to the outside and will be done for. Hisaishi continues his strikes, refusing to tire. Williams cannot fight back and is holding on for dear life. His strength is beginning to weaken. Punch, chop, punch, chop. Then Hisaishi changes it up and goes for the big move. He runs off the opposite side of the ring, charges back over and aims a spinning tornado kick square at Williams. The move pays off. The kick delivers enough force to cause Williams to lose his grip and fall to the outside.

Harry Gregson-Williams is eliminated!

Hisaishi is victorious and the crowd goes wild! Fireworks go off throughout the arena as a medley of Hisaishi's greatest hits play over the loudspeakers. Exhausted but happy, he climbs the turnbuckle to give the fans a victory pose. It is a moment that will go down in history.

Joe Hisaishi: 2010 SST Royal Rumble Champion!
"You have been chosen to represent Earth in Mortal Kombat. Be warned. Although your souls are protected from Shao Kahn's evil: your lives are not. I cannot interfere any longer as your Earth is now ruled by the Outworld gods."
USA Johnny_Cage
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:51 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

A very special thank you to everyone who participated in this game. This was a very fun project to work on and the enthusiasm of the community really made it special.

This Rumble is over but it will return. As long as I remain an active member of the SST community, I will try to make this an annual event.

At this time, I would like to seek some feedback from everyone. Please let me know what you liked best or didn't like at all about the game. If you have suggestions for how the game can be improved, please post them here as well.

Here are a few questions I would like to see responses for:

- Was sixty composers a suitable amount? If not, do you think the number of participants should be lower or higher?

- Was five votes a suitable elimination standard? If not, should it be lower or higher?

- Was eight hours a suitable waiting time for voting? If not, should it be shorter or longer?

- Were the elimination rules fair?

- Deceased composers were included in the Rumble. Was this suitable or in poor taste?

- How can the match events become more interactive?

- Would you like to see other SST wrestling parodies in the future other than the Royal Rumble?

- Any other thoughts/opinions.

Once again, thank you so much for participating. We'll see you next year at the SST arena!
USA Rukia
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 22862

Rukia is offline View user's profile Send private message View Rukia's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY HISAISHI!!! WHOOOOO!!! HFC forever!!

alright enough geeking out for me Razz

I think that 60 composers might have been to many imo, but otherwise i loved it! Smile . Perhaps in the future for the royal rumble you could have the previous winner "co-narrate" with you i think that would be fun. Smile
France Alchemist VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 4272

Alchemist is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Alchemist's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Omedeto gozaimasù, Hisaishi sensei Smile

(or something like that)
Germany tinkerbelle
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 25449

tinkerbelle is offline View user's profile Send private message View tinkerbelle's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

COngrats, MR. Hisaishi!!

I liked this game a lot, but I think 5 votes was too less, i think it would have been better to have more votes, so some of the contestants might have been in the competition for a little longer ....

Anyway ... ery well done, Johnny_Cage!!
Commander
Commander

Member#: 15310

zgurl49 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View zgurl49's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:58 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with tink on having more votes for each contestant, 5 just went so fast and some major composers were gone really fast!

I also think the wait time between votes should be shorter - 8 hours seemed to take forever and then I'd forget for a few days!

And lastly, I think 60 contestants was pretty good but I wouldn't mind having more next time so the game lasts longer! I really had fun with this game!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 26 of 27

Jump to: