StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

A brilliant idea about requests

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic 

Is my idea brilliant or what?
Yes!!! The best idea I've heard in years. Hey SST team, this dude rocks!
41%
 41%  [ 5 ]
No!!! Your idea sucks big time. Keep your "good" ideas to yourself in the future
58%
 58%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 12

Noak
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 1846

Noak is offline View user's profile Send private message Noak's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 6:53 am   Post subject: A brilliant idea about requests Reply with quote

Exclamation There are a lot of scores that are under two minutes long, that are not played very often. I don't know about the rest of you, but when I make a request I seldom request a song under two minutes, and never a song under one minute.

Idea What do you think about this:
Every hour you get two requests; one for a soundtrack under two minutes and one for soundtracks over two minutes.

I know nothing about programming, so the idea might be very hard to accomplish, but I believe in you guys.

Keep up the good work!
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 8:07 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

A: ) It's not your idea, this has been suggested before, along with a "points" system where each song is given a point value based on its length. Then each listener is allotted an amount of points every hour for requests.

B: ) SAM doesn't support either of these. But we appreciate the suggestion. Cool I agree that people don't request enough short songs because they want more "bang for their buck." Fortunately the high no repeat limit has forced a lot of Donald Dingus's to explore.

C: ) If you haven't read the Newbie FAQ already you should.

D: ) Using a list like this in your post is lazy grammar.

Last edited by Cocles on Thu Oct 09, 2003 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 8:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

The point system is something we can use through the use of PAL scripts that override SAM's request system. That project is out of our scope at the time but it is something we would like to do. For the amount of work it requires it doesn't look like it will be done soon if not at all.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
USA jk2silly VIP (subscribed member)
Commander
Commander

Member#: 30

jk2silly is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View jk2silly's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 2:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Noak. I had to vote "NO". Not that the idea sucks but for the purpose that as cocles said, this is territory that has been covered before and extensively at that. I do agree with you that the shorter tracks should be explored more, yet at the same time it is hard when D. Dingus is out there requesting x-files suite cause its 25 minutes long. Unfortunately there does not seem to be a solution to this problem with the current technology. A custom application "could" be built to handle the suggestions that you made but it would be time (and cash) consuming at best. Ideas are appreciated though so please keep them comming.
Cadet 2

Member#: 1846

Noak is offline View user's profile Send private message Noak's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 11:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I've finally read the FAQ (including Newbie FAQ, which was very amusing). I usually don't read manuals and stuff like that, because they are usually soooo boring. I use the (not-so-popular-around-other-people) 'trial and error'-concept instead. But I have to say that SST's newbie FAQ's rocks.

When it comes to short soundtracks I have decided to make next week 'the short soundtrack week' (SSW). During the SSW my requests will only be soundtracks under two minutes length. Anyone who wants can tag along.

This can (and should) be seen as a tribute to short songs. It's not the length of the soundtrack but how the instruments are used that matters. Relating this to anything else (read - sex) is up to you. Wink
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: