StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Doctor Who - The 11th Doctor
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA AK-Mal_Owner
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 4415

AK-Mal_Owner is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AK-Mal_Owner's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:00 pm   Post subject: Doctor Who - The 11th Doctor Reply with quote

Well, the latest episodes of Doctor Who have finally reached the shores of the US... For those who saw it, what do you think? Good, bad, indifferent?

Me? I'm still reserving judgment. But so far I like what I see. I'm still adjusting to having such a young Doctor and companion.
UK Dragonel VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

aw

Member#: 21881

Dragonel is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dragonel's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Having now watched the first two episodes, I am still optimistic. Certainly, if this was a brand new series I would've decided to watch it, but I would be (and am) hoping that Matt Smith grows into the role a little more. So far he's suitably eccentric and watchable but he doesn't quite have the passion as yet. Watching him coming close to "the worst thing he's ever done" I couldn't help thinking how much more angst we'd've had with DT, TB or almost any of the previous Doctors. Although some of that may be down to Steven Moffat's scripts not yet having the dramatic speechifying that Russell T Davies was fond of. And hopefully as MS gains in confidence he'll stop ducking his head like an embarrassed child, which is the one mannerism that really bugged me in the opener.

Generally I've liked the scripts so far - SM has a great feel for dramatic images and there are still some great lines.

"I'm going to be doing what I always do - staying out of trouble .................. badly"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Pfft stop talking about this doctor. Let's talk about Amy! <3
UK debug
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 15297

debug is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website debug's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 1:54 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean about reserving judgment... I almost feel like I waiting for him to screw up...

he's ok...

Amy is a beaut too...

USA Nenya18
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

aw

Member#: 6272

Nenya18 is offline View user's profile Send private message View Nenya18's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 7:50 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm loving Matt Smith as the Doctor so far!!! He's definitely won me over and I hope that he stays for a very very long time!

This season in general so far has been really good. Hooray Steven Moffat!

I'm really disapointed with Amy though. I liked her ok at first, but she's become more and more annoying to me with each episode.
USA Twopop VIP (subscribed member)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 7382

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:40 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Nenya18 wrote:
I'm loving Matt Smith as the Doctor so far!

Spoken like a true Doctor Who fan. Wink And there is none more devoted and knowledgeable than Nen!!!!!

I'm still having problems with his looks though. And the newly-designed TARDIS controls, too. Will ... keep ... watching ...
USA Nenya18
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

aw

Nenya18 is offline View user's profile Send private message View Nenya18's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 11:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing with the Doctor as far as looks go is that he really only looked dashing and handsome once or twice. He's mostly always been a very quirky funny looking and sometimes very old Doctor. I had to get used to having a young and handsome David Tennant .. that seemed really weird to me (but I got used to it Wink ) lol Although I actually think Matt Smith is quite cute. hehe

I like that they change the Tardis console once in awhile. They seemed to do it every so often in the classic series as well. I think they did change it a bit everytime he regenerated. Same with the opening theme music. Every Doctor seemed to have their own arrangement (even if it was only a slight change).

Smile
USA Twopop VIP (subscribed member)

Member#: 7382

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 12:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the explanations, Nen. Your comments about judging the Doctor Who series over time makes sense. So I won't give up yet.

Nenya18 wrote:
Although I actually think Matt Smith is quite cute. hehe
Oh you're only saying that because you have seen him in person. Wink Laughing

Nenya18 wrote:
they did change it a bit every time ... Same with the opening theme music.

The new orchestration just doesn't have that thrill factor of the "Tennant" series. I wanted to like it but you either get goosebumps or you don't. We've been spoiled the past few years.
Caliburn

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 4:47 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with Two and Nen. I have no problems with Matt, and I do not like the opening theme.
USA Nenya18
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

aw

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 6:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Two - Yeah, I agree about the Tennant theme vs. the new Matt Smith theme. The Ecclseston/Tennant theme was probably my favorite arrangement of them all. Although... this new one has grown on me. I didn't really like it at first, but now that it's grown on me I'm really enjoying it! I still like the Tennant one better, but this one is cool. Hey, it's Dr. Who so of course it's good! haha
UK Dragonel VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

aw

Member#: 21881

Dragonel is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dragonel's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 10:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Nenya18 wrote:
Hey, it's Dr. Who so of course it's good! haha

Naturally Smile

I think my feelings for MS as the Doctor crystalized with the return of River Song .... "Sweetie" fits perfectly.
Maybe not the handsome guy you wanted to notice you (DT) but the cute boy-toy you could still have fun with Wink
USA Nenya18
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

aw

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 6:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked him as the Doctor right away in the first episode and have been liking him more and more with each new one. So good! So sad we're nearing the end of the season already! Sad
New Zealand mister_mouse
Captain
Captain

Member#: 25250

mister_mouse is offline View user's profile Send private message View mister_mouse's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 4:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I really liked the first episode. Think it's been going downhill from there though. He can do the playful, hyper side of the doctor well enough, but he seems too young to show all the doctors facets.
USA zirael
Commander
Commander

Member#: 4924

zirael is offline View user's profile Send private message View zirael's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:44 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only seen 2 episodes with Matt Smith and he seems similar to David Tennant except slightly less spastic and more compassionate. I like him so far and hope that he grows into the role.
USA Nenya18
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

aw

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:15 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep watching! 2 episodes.... not enough to judge. He's definitely different from David and I like him more and more with each new episode. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: