StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Pet Peeves
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA zgurl49
Commander
Commander

Member#: 15310

zgurl49 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View zgurl49's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:05 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

My pet peeve is rude people. Is it really hard to be nice? I'm not saying nice as in "oh you're my best friend, I agree with everything you say" but just common courtesy to others? IS IT THAT HARD? Smile
Captain

Member#: 16007

alien_avatar is offline View user's profile Send private message View alien_avatar's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:31 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread has decided to be rude to zgurl as well... let's see if it'll work now. Smile
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

aw

Member#: 21881

Dragonel is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dragonel's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:09 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

One I hate, especially when you are already tired after a 20-hour trip ..... people who are late arriving at the baggage carousel who push through and stand in front of you, as though you aren't there at all.

I had one a year or two back who literally did push me aside in getting through - and when I said something just responded "I had to get my bag" . Like it would kill them to walk down to a clearer spot or wait for it to come round again. Or even just to mutter "Excuse me" as they do it, or ask you to let them through.
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting really tired of students who fail a course, usually because they don't do the work, telling me they don't see how they "deserve" to fail. As in, "I participate in class; I don't see why I deserve to fail." Sure, and the fact that you missed 1/4 of the class sessions is thus irrelevant, huh? The syllabus clearly spells out what you need to do to pass. You don't do it, you don't deserve to pass, and there's really only one other option. You don't get to decide what the minimum performance is; I do.
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you get calls from parents too, LadyInque? I have a friend who teaches graduate level business classes and at least once a semester he gets a call from a parent complaining that he failed their "child".

jeff
sdg
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:16 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

No, nothing like that lately. I've only had one parent express a problem, and that was handled through the dean, thank goodness. But the student currently using this malarkey is a freshman, so I think some hard lessons are going to be learned here, one way or the other.
Commodore
Commodore

aw

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

My dad (been a teacher since 1972) once had a parent teacher conference for a similar situation. After the parents made their case that the student "deserved" to pass my dad pulled out his grade book, showed them all the "0"s for homework and the fairly low grades on tests, etc. Then he pointed to the blank "final grade" box. He handed the parents a pen and told them to put in what they thought he deserved. I can't remember what they put down, but I can probably guess what happened to the student eventually.

jeff
sdg
Germany alien_avatar
Captain
Captain

Member#: 16007

alien_avatar is offline View user's profile Send private message View alien_avatar's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

We've a cracked window pane and we called someone to come and fix it.
"Sure, we'll be there between 8-9 am."
Around 10:30 we call again and ask where they might be...
"Oh, so sorry, it was a mistake, my colleague gave me a different time, and now I'm at a completely different place, but no problem, I'll be there in a hour."
Now it's 17:43... and guess what? No one was here.
I don't mind so much that there was a problem... I just think it would have been polite to call to tell us that they couldn't make it.

Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I know how that feels, alien. We're having a roof replaced. Sometimes it's unavoidable on the contractor's part, but that doesn't really help, does it? At least they get to do work, while you're sitting around all day waiting for them to show up, and then baby-sitting them once they've arrived.
Captain
Captain

Member#: 15677

weaponlordzero is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View weaponlordzero's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotta make sure my maintenance guys are on schedule. Sometimes not an easy task Smile
Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 5:33 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I was surfing my entertainment sites today when I came across this article about the future of DC Universe direct-to-DVD movies. Some of you may have noticed that I have a passion for these suckers, and I get that not everyone may share it, but anyway. The article is here:
http://www.comicvine.com/news/dc-animated-projects-canceled/141015/

What's really cheesing me off is this:
Quote:
[Wonder Woman's] performance was so underwhelming, in fact, that DC Animated has sworn off doing any superheroine features for the foreseeable future.

I hate this, because this is the same thing in every other mass media. A female-starrer underperforms (and actually, the WW movie did quite well. It had legs.) and then the bigwigs swear off anything that's about girl heroes. They don't want to pay attention to making or promoting quality movies about them in the first place, so this "underperformance" is not a surprise, nor is its use as a convenient excuse not to do anything else.

So now we'll be stuck with even more movies where the boys are the heroes and the girls are footnotes. I mean, just look at the summer movie lineup. It's all about boys!

And no, Sex and the City does not count. I'm sick of being told that this is the only option. You can have action/adventure stories where boys have all the fun, or you can have pictures about romance and other stuff they assume girls like. Boys can have Iron Man, The Sorcerer's Apprentice, and Batman out the ears, while the girls can have Twilight and SATC. It sucks.
Commodore
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 5:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

This may not be exactly what you're looking for, Lady, but perhaps it's something:

http://report-on-conditions.blogspot.com/2010/05/unlikely-superhero.html

On the other hand, perhaps it's the exact opposite of what you're hoping for.

jeff
sdg
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 7:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, j2, I don't even know what I'm looking for anymore. I, personally, haven't seen it, because I've never been a fan of the hyper-violent stories, which this appears to be. And don't forget, Kick-Ass didn't do very well at the box-office, either.
Commander
Commander

Member#: 15310

zgurl49 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View zgurl49's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 10:08 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with you LadyI. I think it sucks that there aren't more female leads in action/fantasy/superhero movies...and when they do make them the female comes off weak.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for romance movies, even have a countdown going for both SATC and Twilight this year but I'm also seeing Iron Man 2 this week at midnight. It would be nice to see a strong female lead in a movie like Batman or Iron Man 2. Ahh it's a sexist industry!
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:15 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Punctuation. Punctuation! PUNCTUATION!

Good Lord, JC Penney, "Who knew?" is a question, not a statement. It thus ends with a question mark, not an exclamation point. Seriously, people, this one isn't hard!

Questions end with question marks. Even on the internet!

Grr.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 17 of 18

Jump to: