StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

less peoples to listen to ss???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
solkef
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 8

solkef is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail solkef's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 5:20 am   Post subject: less peoples to listen to ss??? Reply with quote

I read the nwes today ho boy, about a straming soundtrack.... (sung on the beatles song) If I'm not that bad with the math's, I guess that's mean that 16 persone for the 24 k and 16 for the 128 k = 32? we are far from the 60 we had nop?

I'm I wrong???? (I hope so)

Guy Matte
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 41

Fanatic2k4 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Fanatic2k4's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 2:41 pm   Post subject: less peoples to listen to ss??? Reply with quote

Yes, I believe you are. I see 56 people listening right now! I listen practically 24/7. Your sure to get more listeners like me. Just get the word out, tell ur friends, etc.

BTW: Is there anyway to get this, say, in my car? I'm not quite sure, but can I get it with XM, or is that just for XM specific stations?
crimsonblake
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 42

crimsonblake is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail crimsonblake's Favorites are Private
AIM Address MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2002 3:44 am   Post subject: less peoples to listen to ss??? Reply with quote

no you can't we are a long long long way from having internet streaming in cars..probably 10 years or so. I have XM radio and it has a good variety right now...there will be more stations in due time..they currently have a station dedicated to movie soundtracks but right now they play too much stuff over and over..i think i've heard the lord of the rings 50 times now..and sometimes they will play the theme song to like rush hour which is a rap song..why that is on a movie soundtrack station i dont ever know....

if u get XM soley on the fact your gonna listen to the movie station all day u might wanna wait til they figure out what people are listening too and what they aren't...b/c i know for sure people dont tune into that station to hear a rap song. The station i listen to about 75 percent of the time is the comedy station..its just awesome stand up comedy 24/7 uncut.
Fanatic2k4
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 41

Fanatic2k4 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Fanatic2k4's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2002 11:55 am   Post subject: less peoples to listen to ss??? Reply with quote

Thanks! I appreciate your input. You just saved me a couple hundred bucks for the pioneer unit + monthly fees on XM.
USA T2
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 31
Location: Virginia - Some say a state of mind, not me mind you. ;)

T2 is offline View user's profile Send private message T2's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2002 10:03 pm   Post subject: less peoples to listen to ss??? Reply with quote

Just to clear up the 16 + 16 = 52 or more math glitch .. [Wink]

Jeric added a link to show each of the servers that are participating in providing "StreamingSoundtracks.Com" to the listeners. The update at top was first, then J found some code / info to put together the new "Listen" page.

So with the original $$ limitation, it looks like J was able to secure 16 @ 128k, and 16 @ 24k. I've added 20 @ 24k and 5 @ 128k, and now there is "POP" with 8 @ 24k, and ImpactRadio.Com with 21 @ 128k.

-----
16 + 5 + 21 = 42

-----
16 + 20 + 8 = 44

==============
Total Max = 86 Listeners

This is of course when all participants are up and running.

[Big Grin]
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 16

Wolf is offline View user's profile Send private message Wolf's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2002 11:51 pm   Post subject: less peoples to listen to ss??? Reply with quote

Quite right on those calculations T2!

Yesterday we reached 84 listeners and when I checked the listen page there was only two spots free to listen. Grand total 86.

Regards,
Wolf [Big Grin]
Commander

Member#: 30

jk2silly is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View jk2silly's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2002 6:47 pm   Post subject: less peoples to listen to ss??? Reply with quote

[Cool] [Cool] [Cool]
The "Listen" page is one of the nicest and best things I have seen in ages. Not only does it let you pick your stream. but if you know where some of these people are located you can choose accordingly as to what times they are most likely to <ahem> "go off line". And letting you know how many people are already on the stream lets you avoid the "log jams" that can be so common. Hats off to you Jeric. Once again you have proven yourself to be the god of soundtracks!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: