StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

How did you get your nickname
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
graywolf
Commander
Commander

Member#: 2693

graywolf is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website graywolf's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 8:41 pm   Post subject: How did you get your nickname Reply with quote

One of the admins around here remarked about how us “new folks” don’t use the forums at all. Being guilty of the aforementioned crime and not wanting to invoke the wrath of “the mean and condescending one” I decided to take the plunge, and hope others follow suit.

So how ‘bout it folks how/why did you choose your nickname/handle?

I’ll start with the more interesting part “wolf”. As a kid I had a terrible recurring nightmare about a wolf outside of my bedroom window. He was completely black had a huge gaping maw, fangs dripping with saliva, and bright glowing red eyes. It became more and more terrifying, and had gotten to the point I was sleeping with the curtains drawn and the window completely shut no matter how hot it was. In my early teens I read a book about dreams, and it said the only way to conquer your fears and nightmares was to face them directly. So after a few days I built up the courage to sleep with the curtains open. It was a tense few hours but I did fall asleep eventually. The wolf never returned. As I grew older I realized the value of this lesson and adopted the wolf as my spirit animal.

Now for the “gray” part in addition to there being a graywolf it’s actually my surname
Norway Muriel VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

aw

Member#: 333

Muriel is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Muriel's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 4:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I started using my nick when people suddenly started thinking I looked like Chandler M. Bing (Matthew Perry - You know the guy from "Friends" - The TV sho... - Oh, everybody just know who he is Smile ). I don't think so myself, but enough people around me does, so I'm going with the flow.
Of course my nick is also a tribute to the aforementioned person whom I also find really funny.
Wolf
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 16

Wolf is offline View user's profile Send private message Wolf's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 6:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, wolves are my favourite animals. I love them and since they started coming back in France I have been monitoring where they were settling in (they are off the alps and moving towards the Pyrenees and the Juras, atm). They are very nice animals and contrary to common belief in France and other places, will only attack humans if provoked or extremely hungry. Ah hell, I could go on for hours... Laughing
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 243

Caray is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Caray's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 7:14 am   Post subject: Re: How did you get your nickname Reply with quote

graywolf wrote:
As a kid I had a terrible recurring nightmare about a wolf outside of my bedroom window. He was completely black had a huge gaping maw, fangs dripping with saliva, and bright glowing red eyes.

You don't have an older brother by any chance ? They are usually the ones to blame for that. Mine told me I had an alligator under my bed when I was four.

Anyway, my nickname has less lofty origins. It's only a slightly different prononciation of the shortened version of my real name. Very Happy

Last edited by Caray on Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total
SlowMo
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 29

SlowMo is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail SlowMo's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 8:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

SlowMo Maximus was a famous Roman general. His pal Cocles too..

And if you don't believe that, well, I'll tell you some other story Razz
Lieutenant

Member#: 548

korkster is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website korkster's Favorites are Private
AIM Address MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:05 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine's pretty simple. My real nickname is Korky, which my mother gave me when I was like a few days old I guess (dont ask me why). Its spelled that way to go with my last name which is alliterative with a K.

So we have this guy in our company that was doing that Saturday Night Character that went around doing all the variations on names. So he does that one day by going through the Korkmeister, the Korkarama, and ended up with da Korkster. So it stuck.

Kork
USA megadith
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 82

megadith is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website megadith's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:07 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my last name is Meredith and megadith just kinda evolved from that. It DOESN'T mean i like the band Megadeath. god they suck...
Ensign

Member#: 2759

Inuki is offline View user's profile Send private message Inuki's Favorites are Private
AIM Address ICQ Number
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:30 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

mine originates from japanese mythology...there is a dog spirit in japan that is known for aiding young children when they are in need of companionship, protection, etc...because that's how my online personality usually comes accross i kind of adopted it...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 10:55 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I use mine for many years. If you dont know what it means? Just google for it.
USA Legolas
Commander
Commander

Member#: 178

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 1:14 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Legolas~ Leggy~ Lego~ Lego(thesexy)as~ Dingus~

Well no rocket science here... Let me see here. I am a nerd (surprise) Rolling Eyes AND I always liked the LOTR books. But the movies opened me to the world of tolkien in a different way. It made things look real. So after being a fan of soundtracks, I stumbled myself into this place more than a year ago. Since it was such a new place and that i was new to the internet I felt a bit like a hobbit out of the shire. So I coined myself frodo. I met cocles, and a couple others. Two days later I changed my name to Legolas. Since then it has morphed into many slang versions.

And I believe elf blood runs in my veins because I am unhumanly good looking. Wink

Call me legolas unless you are an oldtimer I know well, then you can call me leggy or lego...

Last edited by Legolas on Thu May 20, 2004 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Postman
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 234

Postman is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Postman's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 8:51 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Till four years ago I worked on Saturdays as a postman (after 14 months I realised that I didn't like to wake up on a Saturday at 5am to go to work so I resigned). In that time I began to study informatics and came in contact with the internet, so I had to choose a nickname, and Postman was applicable.
I'm still using this nickname 'cause I'm too lazy to change it and everyone is accustomed to it...
Netherlands Emile
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 1192

Emile is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Emile's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 3:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Caliburn wrote:
I use mine for many years. If you dont know what it means? Just google for it.

i googled:

hum, you have high status

Shocked Laughing
BlueJer
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 1960

BlueJer is offline View user's profile Send private message BlueJer's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 8:58 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, now's as good a time as any to come out of my shell...

The blue part is because I always wear blue. It used to be so that people would have an easier time in telling me apart from my twin brother, but now it's more a habit than anything else. That and it makes separating my and my brother's laundry a little easier.

The Jer is from my first name. My first thoughts were to go as BlueJ (which one or two people actually call me in real life), but that name was... well... a little too girly for my taste, and I didn't feel like constantly having people question my gender because of my handle (we all see what Cocles goes through Smile).
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 4:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

SlowMo wrote:
SlowMo Maximus was a famous Roman general. His pal Cocles too..

And if you don't believe that, well, I'll tell you some other story Razz

Yep Jerkus "Cocles" Maximus, was another famous Roman General, who, together with SlowMo Maximus, conquered the Waffle Kingdom introducing Beer, Fries, and Fresh Crispy Golden Brown Waffles to the Roman Empire.

Later, SlowMo, the newly declared "Waffle King", would follow Cocles to the British isles who had left several weeks earlier in search of sheep.
SlowMo
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 29

SlowMo is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail SlowMo's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 4:33 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty soon after that the first black sheep appeared...

Shocked
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 1 of 30

Jump to: