StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Lord of the Rings : Return of the King

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 
SlowMo
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 29

SlowMo is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail SlowMo's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 11:25 am   Post subject: Lord of the Rings : Return of the King Reply with quote

Just like that I decided to check out when the movie will be released, and the latest update of the news there (dated oct-28!) says this "Official Soundtrack for The Return of the King In Stores November 25th"

Which I found exciting enough to share with you all Smile

Now let's all donate enough so Jeric can buy it as it comes available!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 11:28 am   Post subject: Re: Lord of the Rings : Return of the King Reply with quote

Something tells me we will suddenly see a flood of LotR in queue and people immediately start shouting 'request abuse!'

Like when Jeric put LotR:TTT in queue :D
korkster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 548

korkster is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website korkster's Favorites are Private
AIM Address MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 12:14 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

No doubt... especially during the day!

I just hope the new ST isnt like most of the STs...just rehash of previous ones with a few variations. I assume Howard Shore did ROTK??

Kork
SlowMo
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

SlowMo is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail SlowMo's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 12:18 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, according to the news item, it's Howard Shore.. And yes, I'm pretty convinced it's going to be a rehash like you said, I on the other hand am quite anxious to hear the cool new variations.
Commander

Member#: 178

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 1:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay yes, just like Jackson did all three of the films Shore did all of the music. With a few exceptions. Every new St has a different singer. Enya "May it Be" Crack head lady "Gollums Song" And from what I hear Annie Lennox from Eurythmics will be singing a couple songs in ROTK.

As for the rehashing. I hardly notice it between two toweres and fellowship, yes it is there. But... Fellowship had hobbit music, more soothing, Towers had Rohan theme's and hightened battle music. King will have Gondor themes, and Excellent dramatic battle music. Smile Alond with a tear jerker. I am all for people abusing these Soundtracks! Smile

And From what I hear, is that this film will be awesome, in one review of it, on the onering.net somebody comented on the tunes. Said that it was perfect! later gators.
Netherlands Emile
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 1192

Emile is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Emile's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 4:05 pm   Post subject: Re: Lord of the Rings : Return of the King Reply with quote

Caliburn wrote:
Something tells me we will suddenly see a flood of LotR in queue and people immediately start shouting 'request abuse!'

Like when Jeric put LotR:TTT in queue Very Happy

but if that happens, you dont have to buythe cd...
all the songs are after each other...
Caliburn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 5:27 pm   Post subject: Re: Lord of the Rings : Return of the King Reply with quote

Emile wrote:

Of course do you have to buy the CD, I cant wait to add that one to me collection
SlowMo
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

ICQ Number
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 3:45 am   Post subject: Re: Lord of the Rings : Return of the King Reply with quote

Emile wrote:
all the songs are after each other...

I'm not sure if I understood that correctly.. Do you mean to tell me you have enough just listening once to a cd?
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 234

Postman is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Postman's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 5:50 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

In the TTT ST booklet is stated:

"We (Howard Shore and Peter Jackson) talked about a long held dream that one day all three films might play as one uninterupted epic piece of cinema. That day is still far off, but the notion of preserving the music identity of Middle-earth has become a defining path for us."

So this will mean the ROTK ST will have the same melodies slightly changed and some new dramatic additions to it, as others have said before in this thread.
USA Legolas
Commander
Commander

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 12:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that epic peice of cinima is kinda on its way.... Every hear of TRILOGY TUESDAY. NO? Where have you been? Anyways, all three films, the first two being the special edition, will be in theatres on the tuesday before ROTK will be opened. So you could have watched FOTR EE, take a 15 minute break or intermission, then TTT EE, Intermission, the ROTK....

BUT I am sure all theatres in U.S.A. Where this was orginally being done... Have been SOLD OUT. with in three hours of their release....
SlowMo
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 3:58 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Legolas wrote:
Every hear of TRILOGY TUESDAY. NO? Where have you been?

Oh man, Leggy, you do know that you don't live in the center of the universe? Some things you should consider :

- The earth circles around the sun
- "Trilogy tuesday" is not a universal thing
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 2:32 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man my waffle clown Laughing . By all accounts I am the center of the universe. Cool Actually I said that little statement because whomever would look in here most likely knows a little bit about Lotr and related events. So the few who havent would get a little tid bit of information. Sorry that belguim isn't doing the trilogy tuesday, who knows maybe it is. Belguim hasn't ever been a real front runner in much of anything, so hearing any news is rare Confused . But here is what I do know. It turns out that many countries are doing something like that... So maybe it is a universal thing Wink
SlowMo
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

ICQ Number
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

If it weren't for the fact that you've been sort of accepted in our midst, I'd flame the bejezus out of your sorry *ss..

Kiss my waffle. Cool
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 7:49 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Just add butter Wink Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: