StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Chicago soundtrack
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Added
View previous topic :: View next topic 

Should it be added?
Yes
42%
 42%  [ 11 ]
No
23%
 23%  [ 6 ]
Selections
19%
 19%  [ 5 ]
Maybe/Don't Know
15%
 15%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 26

USA Trinity3777
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

aw

Member#: 124

Trinity3777 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Trinity3777's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 3:33 pm   Post subject: Love Reply with quote

There's a lot of love in this thread...I can feel it Wink
Lieutenant

Member#: 548

korkster is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website korkster's Favorites are Private
AIM Address MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 8:45 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Cocles, sometimes I think you just like giving everyone a hard time. But I still luv ya bro! And I'll still express my opinion, until you kick me outa here. And, by the way, the yes votes seem to be overwhelming.

AND..I dont buy that explanation on Moulin Rouge. It IS the same thing and you know it. For crying out loud, every compares the two all the time! It's just a matter of what one likes and doesnt, thats all. I just thought, since it won best movie of the year, seems a bit odd that the soundtrack isnt here.

Ahh Never mind.

And, I dont appreciate the low blows, sir.

Kork
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 9:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Expressing your opinion is fine Kork, but when you repeat your arguments after they've already been discussed you come across as child who didn't like dad's opinion so now you're going to see what mom thinks.

Then you go onto say the yes vote is overwhelming when it's a simple matter of basic math to see the no/maybe/and selections only vote are still in the lead.

And what do you mean you don't BUY my explanation of Moulin? Are you saying I made up the fact that we only added selections as a compromise to those who didn't want it on the playlist?

You're screaming for Chicago Soundtrack then pointing to Moulin.

Moulin only had selections added.

If you were begging for only selections from Chicago to be added then pointing at Moulin might have made sense.

But since you think it's the "SAME THING" to add selections from a disc as it is to add the whole thing, I can see where our problem lies.

More power to you. Wink
korkster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

korkster is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website korkster's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 12:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh picky picky.

The only real reason I bothered to chime here, was that this particular thread resurfaced...when I posted my first, I didnt see this one..so, I will ask apologies for that one

I dont think I ever "screamed" to have Chicago put on. I honestly dont care, as I have the ST here at home. My only thought really was that since the pic won best movie, might be kewl to have it. Not much more than that.

And the Moulin Rouge...well ok..you win. Selections it is. I really dont care. Alot of CDs we have here have tracks left off, so, ok. That really never was a thought for me really.

How about from now on we put all the new CDs to a vote and see what makes the playlist? And while we are at it, are there provisions for a "RECALL" as you Californians call it? Can we pass around a petition to have STs removed? Then we could bring that to a vote, and maybe even set up a new forum for debate. And then set a date up where everyone could vote, and perhaps CNN could do an exit poll...and....

yeah its all pretty silly isnt it?

LOL.

Kork
USA Legolas
Commander
Commander

Member#: 178

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 2:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm.... I need Popcorn for this.... Oh HOW I LOVE the SST Soap Opera. Cool

For those newbies out there. Here at SST we have a close knit community. Like any close group of people we tend to have our drama days. This happens every couple of months at the very least. When you are not involved it can be very very enjoyable. But when you are in the thick of it which I have been many of times..Wink You tend to TRY to impress readers and thus just add fuel to the fire. Like Kork has done here...

Now I am not saying never challenge Cocles. But I am giving some advice when I tell you your odds. He is the one man here that will and can pretty much beat the panties off of you in a debate Embarassed . I have yet to see him loose. Confused People have come close if that offers hope. But really, you need to just be quiet if you don't like being part of the Drama. Twisted Evil On that note, lets add some GAS

HEY COCLES, WHAT ARE YOU COCKLESS OR SOMETHING Wink
MR is no different than Chicago. They both won and therefore should both be here. If I remember you voted to even add on the selection of like a virgin.. Mad

And as For you KORKSTER stop being such a silly newbie Rolling Eyes . Some of those songs are just plain annoying. SST normally has a good flow and theme of music. except when newbies come in and play songs with lyrics. We like to keep "those songs on the low side" so we do vote on ones like that.

(Note I really could careless about this whole cd. and discussion, but my post was fun.)

Last edited by Legolas on Mon Nov 10, 2003 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
korkster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 2:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Leggy...then take them off the playlist if they dont want those played...thats kinda what Im gettng at. I dont disagree with you at all!

I dont consider myself a "newbie" I have been around for about 6 months, and pretty faithfully send a contribution every month. Just because I disagree with someone, or speak my mind, doesnt mean Im a newbie.

Newbies that come in to SST, which I assume we still are soliciting, can request anything they wish (as do the "oldies"). Yes I agree that alot of the tracks in Chicago (and GOD KNOWS other soundtracks) are annoying, but gosh I'd hate to be JERIC and have to wade through EVERY soundtrack that comes up and decide what goes on and what doesnt. So we take the good with the annoying..and we take the songs with the scores...thats the price we all pay to be able to request music.

I dont know of any other alternative, do you?

Kork
USA Legolas
Commander
Commander

Member#: 178

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 5:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh My GOD. Dude seriously don't be so serious. Wink My whole post was a JOKE. a JOKE as in nothing should have been replied to unless you want to continue some more drama??? In that case. Smile

So I called you a newbie. But I did not ever refer to removing all tracks with VOCALS. I like a lot of them myself. Cool

But ah, Just because you listened for a long time "for Six months...." Doesn't not make you a newbie. The fact that you have just became active on the site in the past month does make you more of a newbie that some. Smile If you read the fine print of my first post in this thread then you would notice it says. I don't care about the cd at all Rolling Eyes . or this topic. It has been discussed way too many times that its a waste to even type.

TTFN. Twisted Evil
SlowMo
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 29

SlowMo is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail SlowMo's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 9:38 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Leggy shut up, the guy just said he has donated for six months!

Time for my 2 cents : I'm not going to choose sides in this debate (except if I get to flame Leggy, or if y'all will all team up against poor Cocles).. I would suggest selections of the Chicago soundtrack to be the best option, which I voted for to begin with if I recall correctly, but with the recent changes that have been done to the request system, it doesn't even matter if it's the entire album.. 'no-repeats' of any track for 48 hours will already be good enough to ensure that the moulin rouge fiasco doesn't repeat itself.
Lieutenant Commander

aw

Member#: 124

Trinity3777 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Trinity3777's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:03 am   Post subject: whoops Reply with quote

Color me dumb...I uh...didn't see the "Selections" option so i voted for the full soundtrack...I would like to see Selections added, but think the full cd is a bit extraneous and redundant, even though it is Kander and Ebb, and besides, we all know Renee Zellweger has a bad voice - so just put in some Katherine and maybe a touch of Rich to spice it up - lol. Razz
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: