StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

3 for 3 in 2003: Great Movies with Great Scores

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 8:16 am   Post subject: 3 for 3 in 2003: Great Movies with Great Scores Reply with quote

It's been said many times before that there are so many bad movies with good scores and vice versa. But this year I've seen three movies primarily because of the score and they have all been fantastic! Watching Nicolas Nickleby last night compelled me to share this with everyone.

Nicolas Nickleby
Amelie
Chocolat

Have you watched a movie because you first heard the soundtrack and liked it that much?

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
gecko
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 14

gecko is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website gecko's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 8:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the Amelie thing to. Except I give it 5 stars instead of 4.5 like you. I give 5 stars so easy. Damn it. Cocles has me thinking of puns now too. I want to type SSTars.
Pixie
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 90

Pixie is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Pixie's Favorites are Private
AIM Address ICQ Number
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 2:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oye...Amelie?? Are you guys kidding? I like the music a lot. I couldn't stnad the movie. Yuck!
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:09 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, I have to agree with Pixie on the Amelie thing.

While I haven't seen movies because of the score, I've wanted to see some more than others because of the composer. (a' la: Oh hey, awesome. Kamen's doing the score, let's see that one since we're already on the fence.)

Personally I try to avoid hearing soundtracks of new movies before I see them in the theater. I like my first impression of the score to be along with the film.

I've got an extension to Jeric's question:

Have you ever played a video game because of the composer or score?

I bought Medal of Honor because I liked the score so much, and I just downloaded the demo for "Call of Duty" because it uses the same composer, Michael Giacchino.
gecko
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 14

gecko is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website gecko's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 8:52 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh, yeah, I have done that too, Cocles. I bought Chrono Cross because of the music constantly reminding me, and also lots of people said it was good. I have Legend of Dragoon on my wishlist. ... and well.. you already know what I think of Xenogears/saga. Though I didn't buy those because of the soundtracks. I am just overjoyed that they are part of SST's collection.

Edit: By the way, am I the only one to notice Adaptation's songs sound EXACTLY like this part in Super Metroid where you kill this spore monster? It's like a mini boss of sorts. As you are killing the monster the music speeds up to meet the quicker and more challenging swaying of the monster and so does the song on Adaptation. This has me mildly miffed, actually.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: