StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Did you ever watch a movie just because of the soundtrack?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 
New Zealand mister_mouse
Captain
Captain

Member#: 25250

mister_mouse is offline View user's profile Send private message View mister_mouse's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:31 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

NightHawkFan01 wrote:
I recently started watching the Pillars of Earth from Starz... very first thing that jumped out at me was the music... I seriously hope it gets released as a Soundtrack when the series hits DVD (I didn't realize it was an on-going series when I started watching it).-tg

I love Trevor Morris's music too. Unfortunately, most of his work for television doesn't get released. You can listen to samples of The Pillars of the Earth soundtrack up on his website though.

http://www.trevormorris.com/home.html
Lieutenant

Member#: 28964

NightHawkFan01 is offline View user's profile Send private message View NightHawkFan01's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:47 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleh... Sample music like that is like that first baggie of crack... just enough to get your hooked.... and then they put it on iTunes exclusive... :S
USA zgurl49
Commander
Commander

Member#: 15310

zgurl49 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View zgurl49's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Recently tried to watch Plunkett and Macleane based on the fact that the score is so amazing, and wouldn't you know it...the movie sucked. I couldn't even finish watching it! Really disappointed. Maybe some day in the future I'll force myself to see the whole movie to see how it ends.
Captain

Member#: 22196

Dutchbat is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dutchbat's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh definetely Architren. Point is even that I buy CD's already because I want to go see the film.
(I collect CD's from movies I've seen)

And when we have no specific movie chosen in advance the composer is mainly the dissisionmaker.

latest one where this occurred: Alice in Wonderland due to the score of Elfman.
I probably never had chosen to see this without the score having heared.

We had a discussion before on bad films having wonderful scores (Ottman has a hand for it).
It's all in someone's perception of course but I had the same with "Prince of Persia; sands of time".
Nice topic though.
If it happens again I'll post again

take a look at my collection: My album list
USA Ormsby
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 9996

Ormsby is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Ormsby's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely want to see "Waking Ned Devine" now as a result of hearing tracks on SST. Even if the movie stinks, which I highly doubt, I will enjoy it if only for the music. Very Happy
Commander

Member#: 10621

Luther_III is offline View user's profile Send private message View Luther_III's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:42 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

A problem arises when track titles contain spoilers. This happened to me with Braveheart. I knew from the trailers I would love the film, and I bought the soundtrack long before seeing it. That was unfortunate, because the titles of Track 7 and Track 17 contained massive spoilers. Oh, well...

Mr. Green
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel your pain, Luther_III. I particularly remember when Star Wars Episode I was about to be released, and the score featured a track called "Death of...."

jeff
sdg
Netherlands Dutchbat
Captain
Captain

Member#: 22196

Dutchbat is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dutchbat's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:13 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

But does that really inflict the pleasure of the whole movie? Then you can't even read a book anymore if you want to see the film too.

take a look at my collection: My album list
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:43 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

"inflict the pleasure" is an interesting malapropism, dutchbat. Did you mean "affect?"

I think that good scores help tell the story, so a good score album would always run the risk of spoiling something. How they title it is one thing (Why do I remember that track on SW: Episode I being " —————'s Noble End?) but I'd rather have descriptive track titles than ones that are, oh, I dunno, genera of bats.
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 28964

NightHawkFan01 is offline View user's profile Send private message View NightHawkFan01's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ormsby wrote:
I definitely want to see "Waking Ned Devine" now as a result of hearing tracks on SST. Even if the movie stinks, which I highly doubt, I will enjoy it if only for the music. Very Happy

I completely forgot about Ned! That means I can now say that I have seen two movies... or tried to... because of the music: Ned and Donnie Darko... I got further into Ned than I did Donnie.

I got about 45 minutes into Ned before my ADD kicked in and I changed channels. So far I've made it 15 minutes into Donnie Darko.
New Zealand mister_mouse
Captain
Captain

Member#: 25250

mister_mouse is offline View user's profile Send private message View mister_mouse's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently watched Moon after listening to Mansell's score here. I have to say, watching the movie without seeing the trailer first was really recommended- everything was a surprise, and it's a really good movie Smile
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 19134

JadedTitan is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View JadedTitan's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:49 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

While browsing through netflix...i'll often queue up movies which have scores i know of from SST, White Squall and Bottle Shock are the two I saw most recently because of that...I also saw Amelie that way too. I knew I liked the score so the movie jumped out at me on netflix! Turns out I liked all three films very much... Smile

(Z im sorry you hated plunkett so much, I love that movie and i'd be curious to know what made it so horrible for you...)
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Y'know, I tried to watch Plunkett & MacLeane once, again because of the score. I know I finished the movie, but I have no clear memory of anything that happened in it. I just found it very dull.
Commander
Commander

Member#: 10621

Luther_III is offline View user's profile Send private message View Luther_III's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:38 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

LadyInque wrote:
but I'd rather have descriptive track titles than ones that are, oh, I dunno, genera of bats.

Laughing

I heartily agree!

Mr. Green
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 29261

Le_Curé is offline View user's profile Send private message View Le_Curé's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:33 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

"Waking Ned Devine", gosh, me too, I heard the music on SST and had to watch the movie again. It's a good movie - if you like Ireland, Irish humor (and dialect), Irish folk music, country life and the somehow slow pace that comes along with living in the boonies.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: