StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

ETA Ticks In Queue?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA socr8s
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 7603

socr8s is offline View user's profile Send private message View socr8s's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:40 pm   Post subject: ETA Ticks In Queue? Reply with quote

I see some people keeping track of when their song might play.... I do not. What do you think about a sidebar between the queue and the VIP window that estimates when it might play? Not every track, maybe every 10 or so that roughly estimates (give or take like 10 minutes).
Netherlands Ghostkeeper
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 27774

Ghostkeeper is offline View user's profile Send private message View Ghostkeeper's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

To make a computer program "roughly estimate" something like this is probably harder than to have it calculate the precise time when it'll play. I've been looking for something like this as well. I don't see how it could fit into the layout though. An extra column in the queue page would seem most logical, but it is already quite a wide page that might give trouble for people with old monitors.

I think the best solution, in this case, would be to implement a small javascript that swaps the content of the leftmost column of the queue when you hover the mouse over the tracks. When you hover the mouse on a track you'll be able to see the time it'll play at (either the user's local time or the delta-time), in stead of the track duration.

The disadvantage of that choice is, of course, that people with javascript disabled can't see the ETA then, but I think they wouldn't be able to use the menu then either.
Lieutenant

Member#: 28964

NightHawkFan01 is offline View user's profile Send private message View NightHawkFan01's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:39 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

and is strictly against the RIAA rules... which is why this perennial request hasn't been done before (actually it may more than perennial as it seems to come up once or twice a year). I think there's even something about this in the FAQ.

-tg/akm/nhf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Ideas All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: