StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Alexandre Desplat
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Composers
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Italy Violet84
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 28045

Violet84 is offline View user's profile Send private message View Violet84's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:01 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello! This is my first post on the forum Very Happy
According to IMDB Alexandre Desplat will score Harry Potter and the deathly hallows, Part 1...
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0006035/
I like Desplat Razz
Finland GalFin
Captain
Captain

Member#: 16241

GalFin is offline View user's profile Send private message View GalFin's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Violet84 and welcome to the Forums!

Yes, Desplat is a very gifted composer and has many very beautiful scores. However, I have my doubts about how his style fits with the Harry Potter films but let's wait and see.
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:11 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno, GalFin. People had doubts about how Desplat's style would fit with the Twilight series... and okay, some of them were right.
Captain
Captain

Member#: 16241

GalFin is offline View user's profile Send private message View GalFin's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

LadyInque wrote:
I dunno, GalFin. People had doubts about how Desplat's style would fit with the Twilight series... and okay, some of them were right.

Well, in my opinion Harry Potter films need big, epic scores because of the action, drama, and adventure, especially in the last book/last two movies. So, Desplat's style fits a lot better more intimate and less action-oriented movies. His score for Golden Compass is fine but still lacking in some...power or something, IMHO. I must admit that I have no clear opinion about The Twilight Saga: New Moon because I think I've not really paid enough attention to the score. I've heard it, sure, but it really didn't leave a big impression on me, for some strange reason.

I was actually talking about this topic with my husband the other day and he said that early on people were expressing big doubts about Howard Shore composing the scores for the LoTR films, and see how that turned out.. Smile So maybe Mr. Desplat will surprise us all.

Frankly this is again an example of how Desplat is the hot composer in town and Hollywood is throwing big projects at him...
USA zgurl49
Commander
Commander

Member#: 15310

zgurl49 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View zgurl49's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:31 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Found an interview from the 2010 Cannes Film Festival with Desplat answering questions regarding Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. The interview was done in French so I found an English translated transcript of the interview.

It's amazing. This is an big project which I have for this summer, which is going to take me until September.
I am very proud because I find that Harry Potter are brilliant books, sometimes slandered , what I find ridiculous because they are really brilliantly written. And then movies are all different. There it is an amazing director, who is called David Yates, who is really talented, who has already realized both precedents and who goes realized the last two episodes. Thus this one, it is the last front. And because the music theme which was created by John William for the series is absolutely fantastic. John William is a total genius. And I have no obligation to use many of the theme, but I know that I shall make it with pleasure, because it is a lesson of melody. I am going to attack that with a lot of energy, enthusiasm and enjoyment.

I read at the same time the French and English versions of the book. And then I read the script. I am going to wait that the movie is editing. I am soon going to see it, in some weeks, I go to see that edited.

Journalist RTL: what means that you have a very short deadline of manufacturing.

" Not not, for me, it is very long. Because generally I write very fast. For a movie, I write between 3 weeks and one month. There will be rather two-three months. For me it is royal, it is almost too long. I risk to get lost myself "

When will you be working on HARRY POTTER?

«We will start this summer, it will take me all summer, I will not have many holidays, but again it's for good reason, for the soundtrack. I would take every opportunity to use the fabulous theme written by John Williams, I'd say it has not sufficiently used in the latest movies, so if I have the opportunity and if the footage allows me, I'm going to arrange it, to give it another meaning... Well, I have no obligation to use it but I shall make it with great honor and pleasure.»

Links to where I found this interview:

http://www.harrypotterforum.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=1219&page=1#Item_0

http://www.harrypotterforum.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=1241&page=1#Item_2

Gets me more and more excited to hear his take on the Harry Potter sound!
Commander

zgurl49 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View zgurl49's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:02 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Update from Conrad Pope who is working closely with Desplat to score Harry Potter 7.

http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/2010/9/24/some-details-about-deathly-hallows-part-1-soundtrack-released
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:16 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY! Samples from Desplat's Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 online today!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00494M52O/
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 19134

JadedTitan is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View JadedTitan's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Gift Set

Was wandering around amazon and came across this really neat gift set. A signed piece of Sheet music from the scoring session at Abbey Road is what really caught my eye...wonder why they decided to do this elaborate score release with the last film? A John Williams equivalent would be neat...But this is Desplat's thread Wink ...put it on your Christmas wish list!
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:12 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Already on my wish list Jade! Come to think of it, my whole Christmas list is full of Harry Potter stuff....

Anywho! Here's a new mini video with Mr. Desplat talking about scoring Deathly Hallows.

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2010/10/27/harry-potter-countdown-exclusive-video-on-the-making-of-hallows-music/
Captain

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

You can listen to Desplat's Deathly Hallows score in its entirety, streaming here:
http://music.aol.com/new-releases-full-cds/?ncid=Bannadusmusi00000009/#/6
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. Thanks for sharing Lady!

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:18 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

So you listened, you liked it, and want it for cheap? The album downloads for $4.99 at Amazon. Don't know for how long.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004B4J7H8/
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 18704

SiriusCreations is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View SiriusCreations's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:31 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

LadyInque wrote:
So you listened, you liked it, and want it for cheap? The album downloads for $4.99 at Amazon. Don't know for how long.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004B4J7H8/

And only available for US customers like all mp3 downloads on Amazon USA....
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:15 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, yes, Sirius. Sorry about that. I should have mentioned it. Curse my Americentric thinking! The shame! Will you ever forgive me?
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 18704

SiriusCreations is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View SiriusCreations's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

LadyInque wrote:
Well, yes, Sirius. Sorry about that. I should have mentioned it. Curse my Americentric thinking! The shame! Will you ever forgive me?

Of course no apologies needed. You can nothing to about it that there all kinds of rules so that Amazon can not let "outsiders" buy the downloads. On the other hand I am still a collector and I want the physical albums. So I am only disappointed when thing only get released as downloads. And no downloading them and burn it on a CD, printing the Cover is not the same!

Oh and now I am being off-topic here.

Sorry about that.

Back to the great Desplat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Composers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: