StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Request for removal from requestsystem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Caliburn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 4:11 am   Post subject: Request for removal from requestsystem Reply with quote

'Titanic Suite' from 'Back to titanic'

It is 19 minutes long and contains variations of the same theme over and over. Personally I find this track very boring.
USA jk2silly VIP (subscribed member)
Commander
Commander

Member#: 30

jk2silly is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View jk2silly's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 4:26 am   Post subject: Request for removal from requestsystem Reply with quote

I Realize that some people like the music from Titanic while I, myself, do not. I also realize I can't like every track on this site. My musical tastes are not that diverse. I think that any track over over 15 minutes should be reviewed for play though as in this case that is close to 20 minutes of one request that is preventing other tracks from playing. Tracks of this length increase the size of the queue and frustrate people who want to hear thier selection. If the track stays, then it stays and I am cool with that. I voted to cut the track from the request list simply on the grounds of it's length.
Lieutenant

Member#: 116

esparvel is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website esparvel's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 5:08 am   Post subject: Request for removal from requestsystem Reply with quote

Maybe it should be chopped into smaller parts like it was done with the infamous long song in "When the Wind Blows", I think that getting rid of it for being too long would be a kind of censorship IMHO.

Also, it seems there's a mean goblin in this place who seems to go after this kind of long tracks, I wonder if there's a way to know if it's always the same person requesting it ...
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 98

loveslave is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website loveslave's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 5:18 am   Post subject: Request for removal from requestsystem Reply with quote

I haven't heard this song yet, and I'm not going to vote on this before I hear it. If it's a good theme then there's really nothing wrong with having 19 minutes of it.

And about the gremlin - I don't think it's the same person. Unless you know a specific track that you want to hear, selecting the longest track from a score that you know that you like is sort of natural when you have a very limited number of requests. I used to do that myself when I was younger (6 months or so ago)
Pixie
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 90

Pixie is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Pixie's Favorites are Private
AIM Address ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 9:16 am   Post subject: Request for removal from requestsystem Reply with quote

While longer songs seem to back up the queue, I think they should be allowed. And please don't segment them...as it is we don't get that many requests, and if you cut the song, you may never get to hear it in it's entirety as the composer intended. These composers worked hard creating this beautiful music for us to enjoy, so rather than being upset that a song takes up 19 minutes of your time, why not spend that 19 minutes enjoying a great work of art that someone spent a great deal longer than 19 minutes of their life creating. Many songs in films are rather lengthy, but that is because they are created to help a specific scene in a film flow, so the different elements of the film come together to make that "magic" we all enjoy when we watch a movie. I agree that certain songs will never be to EVERYONE's liking, but we are all here because we enjoy listening to soundtracks, and to celebrate these works of art that so many composers have worked so hard to create. Why not take a step back from the length of a song, and try to enjoy the magic and beauty the composition has added to your day.
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 12:21 pm   Post subject: Request for removal from requestsystem Reply with quote

I bet you a good majority of the regulars on here have a 10+ minute song on here they like.

We can sit here and rant and rave about long songs, but how's it going to be when our favorite 10+ minute song is taken.

I'll make an exception for 20+ minute songs as they tend to be two songs altogether that have been organized on one track.

Leave the playlist alone. If you want to mess with the request board than do this.

Make the requests 2/2. Then assign songs over 10 minutes as 2 requests. That'll cut down on the number requested.

Now if you'll excuse me, all this talk has given me a craving for "Thanks, Doc. It's been educational."
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 1:17 pm   Post subject: Request for removal from requestsystem Reply with quote

I'm not able to assign a weight to songs depending on their time. I wish I could. When I upgrade to SAM 2.0 this shouldn't be an issue anymore.

The only reason why I broke that Roger Waters song up is becuase it is supposed to be different songs but when I extracted it from the CD, the last 5 or 6 songs were mended into one track. So I edited that song to the way it should be - the way it is on the back of the jewel case. Who knows why they made the CD like this.

I think I will remove the song from being requestable because the only reason why it is being requested is because of its length. I already eliminated the Final Fantasy Dream Oath (23:00) because of the persisting requests of it. And it's not THAT good.

It will still be in the playlist so beware if the computer picks it!

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
USA Legolas
Commander
Commander

Member#: 178

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 1:28 pm   Post subject: Request for removal from requestsystem Reply with quote

You da man Jeric. Long songs piss people off. And more so, when they stink like my friend from Ohio... [Wink]
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 3:20 pm   Post subject: Request for removal from requestsystem Reply with quote

I hope you're referring to Hart, Legmeister.
USA Hart
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

aw

Member#: 53

Hart is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Hart's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 5:49 am   Post subject: Request for removal from requestsystem Reply with quote

I'm not sure who that was directed at either, in any event, however, I would like to address the issue that neither of us(Pixie and I) think "you" having a baby sitter counts as an actual date. [Big Grin]
P.S. Long songs bother me, but they are still part of the soundtrack. If any thing, tracks longer than 15-20 min. could be played only randomly by the computer.
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 5

GoteeBoy is offline View user's profile Send private message GoteeBoy's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 2:15 am   Post subject: Request for removal from requestsystem Reply with quote

Wait, I'm out of the loop on this one. Now just WHO had a babysitter and considered it a date? [Big Grin]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: