StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Foobar2000 and mp3pro

View previous topic :: View next topic 
faheem5
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 4360

faheem5 is offline View user's profile Send private message faheem5's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 10:38 pm   Post subject: Foobar2000 and mp3pro Reply with quote

sup everybody..been a long time listner back when this site started then idroped out of site and now im back...and this site has changed..lots of users..def more scores and tons of users..congrats to owner and all the supporters for makin it happen and good luck.
and now wit the question. i use the player foobar2000 an exlent player..plays all types of format and very little system resources. by the guys who worked on winamp..but 10x better. now heres my question i know this player can play ogg and pretty sure about mp3pro ..coudltn find anythin on site about mp3pro to confirm...but when listenin to the streams it doesnt have mp3pro listed next to title meaning its playin crapy 64kb mp3...
so my question is does anyone use this program and have exprecince wit this...it doest sound like its playin 64kb bec it sounds much better but wnat to confirm...thank u for any help
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:04 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

You can also check your Khz... if you're getting 44 you're picking up the PRO signal... if you're only getting 22 then all you're hearing is SST through a tin can.
faheem5
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

faheem5 is offline View user's profile Send private message faheem5's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 11:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

oh man this is bogus..i just looked under console in foorbar2000 and unfortunately its playin at 22050 khz 16 bit 2 channel...so i guess im getin the crapy version...tat blows..well time to signup at the forum at foobar2000 and req help...thank u
Caliburn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 2:56 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

... or you could install winamp ;-)
faheem5
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:03 pm   Post subject: thanks... Reply with quote

thanks for the suggestion but im very picky about programs tat suck up the system resources...and winamp from previous expreience and other people ive heard eats up a lot...the good thing about foobar2000 only 1.5 mb when fully maximed...thanks for all ur help ...if anyone knows the solution let me know...peace
Caliburn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you only tried winamp 3?

I quite like winamp 2. Maybe you should try this new winamp 5. When you disable all the new extra features like the new skins. It is a quite nice player. Without many resources in use.

*checks his winamp 2 resources*

Hmmm still 7 MB memory in use. Oh well :-)
faheem5
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:02 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

yea if all fails and i cant find a solution ill just install the winamp5 and uninstall all the unneccesary features...thanks again for all ur help much appreciated...peace
Postman
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 234

Postman is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Postman's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 9:37 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding to Cal, google is your best friend:

http://www.saunalahti.fi/~cse/html/foobar.html

Look on this page for the Nero Encoder/decoder v0.3.7 Which should be able to decode mp3pro files.

Hope it works, didn't test it myself.
Caliburn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:12 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Postman wrote:

And dont forget IMdb :-)
Postman
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 234

Postman is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Postman's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:38 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Caliburn wrote:
Postman wrote:

And dont forget IMdb Smile

Ow yes forgot that one, is also in the top3 of my favorites.
faheem5
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:26 pm   Post subject: didnt work Reply with quote

u know wat i did try tat mp3pro ecndoer but u need to have nero installed which is werid for a codec..so i couldnt get it to work..and so i installed winamp 2.91 wit mp3pro decoder...seems to workin k..a little bit more system usage but its aight alteast i can get it to work...thanks everyone
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Help All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: