StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

24Seven.FM gathering Labor Day Weekend in Astoria, Oregon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Concerts and meetings
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Cinder VIP (subscribed member)
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 10213

Cinder is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Cinder's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:30 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to Astoria next weekend, May 7&8 to have a good look about and make room reservations.
Of course we can always call and change things, but if you are planning to join us and HAVE NOT CONNECTED WITH ME ...PLEASE DO SO.

I would hate to reserve a room for two female listeners and find out is a man! or vice versa!!! However if this is preferred...
also let me know!!! Razz
Cadet 3

Member#: 12609

DarthClinton is offline View user's profile Send private message View DarthClinton's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:17 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Cinder wrote:
I am getting concerned about lodging. I just found out there is another event in Astoria on Sept. 2

What about getting some camp sites ?

Via WikiP movie filmed here:
Astoria was the setting of the 1985 movie The Goonies, which was filmed on location. Other movies filmed in Astoria include Overboard, Short Circuit, The Black Stallion, Kindergarten Cop, Free Willy, Free Willy 2: The Adventure Home, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III, Benji the Hunted, The Ring Two, Into the Wild, The Guardian and Cthulhu
When some guy walks in and smacks the back of your favorite head up against a bathroom wall and asks if you have paid your du's, you just remember what old jack burton says at a time like this. Have you paid your du's, yes sir the cheque is in the mail.
Commodore
Commodore

Cinder is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Cinder's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 6:00 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Darth!!!!

Are you coming over to join us??? I sure hope so!
While the weather in first of Sept. would be a great time to camp in Oregon, or Pacific Northwest for that matter....beds and hot showers win hands down!

More my concern lies with sharing rooms. Men with men and ladies with ladies. I have three now, and maybe you for 4 who are uncommitted to the fact they are going or not.

Oh I hope you are planning on coming over to hang out with us!
Cadet 3

Member#: 12609

DarthClinton is offline View user's profile Send private message View DarthClinton's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 2:58 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to yes. Very Happy
When some guy walks in and smacks the back of your favorite head up against a bathroom wall and asks if you have paid your du's, you just remember what old jack burton says at a time like this. Have you paid your du's, yes sir the cheque is in the mail.
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 7:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yahoooo Darth you two are accounted for!!!

This time we will meet up.
Welcome aboard!
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 18704

SiriusCreations is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View SiriusCreations's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 2:15 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Great more members I can add to my little list of meeting in real life \o/
USA Twopop VIP (subscribed member)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 7382

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 1:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Darth, so great to hear you'll be there!

Cinder wrote:
More my concern lies with sharing rooms. Men with men and ladies with ladies.

I'm a lady but prefer to share my room with a man. Razz (Preferably my husband.) Wink
Netherlands Dutchbat
Captain
Captain

Member#: 22196

Dutchbat is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dutchbat's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 6:03 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh good to be able to meet Darth indeed.
And Cinder, I don't mind sharing a room with Andres but neither do mind sharing it with a woman.
I'm flexible if they are Wink

take a look at my collection: My album list
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 4:17 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen ASTORIA!!! again Laughing

The adventure from the first moment!
OH did it rain! whoa. but it is our rainy season. We, Tim who you will meet, got up way early. There is a place down there that he loves to go for breakfast. It is pretty good. Takes us 3 hours to drive down, but well worth it.

We had a good breakfast, more like lunch time now, went over to the ocean, and fed the seagulls, and headed out.
Astoria is only 14 miles from Long Beach where we were. So perhaps this will be on your agenda. As I say well worth it. Astoria is NOT on the Pacific Ocean, but sits on the Columbia River. You can do both in one trip!

Found our motel and moved in, and crashed. A nap was needed. When we got up Tim went to hook up the lap top. "Are you sure this place has WIFI?" Sure enough it did not! As he never uses the battery, it was not charged. We went to look for one, but not in that small town. -no-
I pointed out the other choice I had made for a motel, he said, "pull in!" He went in and got us a room.
He made the point that since the sign at the motel said FREE WIFI, and these are all computer folks, and if I wanted to keep them as friends, this was a not brainer. {He is such a logical person}

The room was 100% better! We are right on the main street, but there is NO street noise!!! I swear!
And in a few moments he had me logged in, so the WIFI is most excellent! He said he told them we had to move because I HAD to have a computer hook up or not make it through the night!!! Rolling Eyes

Long and short of it, we have rooms reserved! Two by two by two!!!
They were really great to have us come. All the rooms have microwave and refrigerator, but some are even bigger!!! I told her we would like the big room so I could host a little party. She offered us the lounge!!! One room is bigger, so that room will host!
She was so impressed as to who her guests are going to be also.
It also has a good restaurant the other side of its parking lot. We had dinner, fresh fish and clams, and breakfast there! The waitress gave me lots of ideas for dinner on our Saturday night.

We are booked!
We are ready to go.
Photos are coming up!!!

It was a great weekend. See you there!
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 4:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good news Cinder and sounds like fun. Thanks for your dedication and good work!

Kraków Gathering starts next week and then I will be sure looking forward to Astoria!

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:03 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Fed the birds. This one was on the hood of my truck.

He is giving me the evil eye and shaking his foot at me!!!! They are so entertaining!

Motel is
lamplighter@astoriaoregon.com

Oh dear.. those photos are way tooooo big!!! gotta work on that.
more later.

Last edited by Cinder on Tue May 10, 2011 2:21 am; edited 2 times in total
Netherlands SiriusCreations VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 18704

SiriusCreations is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View SiriusCreations's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 1:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice picture

Cinder wrote:
Motel is
lamplighter@astoriaoregon.com

mmm an email address I assume it is this motel: Lamplighter Motel: http://www.astoriamotel.com

Thanks for making the reservation.
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 2:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Sirius that is the location.

http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b364/MsCinder/Astoria%20Or/?albumview=slideshow

How cool is this!? This was not a museum the last time I was there. A perfect location for all our tours to begin.
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 19134

JadedTitan is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View JadedTitan's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 8:35 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol...so the jail was turned in to a museum? Razz Or the Jail was built for a movie and thus is now a museum? ...Or they had a spare "County Jail" sign laying around... Wink
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 9:05 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the museum ticket probably has additional info on it: date you will be allowed to leave the museum Wink

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Concerts and meetings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: