StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

4 days with no repeat

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Caliburn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 10:17 am   Post subject: 4 days with no repeat Reply with quote

Since Jeric has implemented that is shows you cannot request a specific song. And because of that has set the no repeats to 4 days, I have never seen the queue filled with so much new good songs I rarely heard before. The queue doesnt plays the same Williams and Zimmer songs all over again, like it did before that.

Many thanks to Jeric and of course the other listeners that are requesting all those fine new tracks.

To me it is even more fun to listen to the stream, than it already was.... and yes I *do* listen to the stream ... sometimes Smile
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:11 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I've also wanted to say how refreshing the music has been this week.

It is pretty cool that you may not be able to pick your track but there is instant recognition for an alternative. This is the best feature added in a long time. Heck, even I'm requesting stuff now once and a while.

This also benefits the Top 100 Requests list. Before it counted picks if they were unsuccessful. With the new system in place it will limit the number of unsuccessful picks. As you may have noticed I reset the Top 100 Requests list last night. We will have a more accurate list by the start of the New Year.

I also want to thank people for exploring the playlist a little and also requesting a lot of the STM picks and new additions. It has been a very enjoyable listening experience for myself this week!

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Frogfish
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 524

Frogfish is offline View user's profile Send private message Frogfish's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:31 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I too am enjoying the diversity I've been hearing this week. As someone who tends to listen for most of the workday everyday, diversity is a huge bonus.

I also notice more scores were added.
How is someone supposed to ever request their way through each and every one?
Is this some sort of devious plot to keep me listening for years? Trying to beat me senseless with all this great new music? Always with the great new music?
Well, if you think this requester is just going to roll over and concede defeat you are sorely mistaken.
There will be no rolling (unless a treat's involved....I like treats) and certainly no conceding.
Victory will be mine!

Curse you Jeric and your incredibly good taste. Oh and curse this huge library of music.
In fact, curses all around. Wink
Cadet 2

Member#: 3013

Horox is offline View user's profile Send private message Horox's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:21 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not often post in the forums... but now, i just have to say the 4 day no repeat is really GOOD! exactly what say: more diversity..

Nice work Jeric
USA CTyankee
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 1647

CTyankee is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website CTyankee's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 2:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent idea. It keeps the mix fresh. I notice someone will hit upon a track that hasn't been heard in a while and it sparks new ideas.

Very Happy
USA jk2silly VIP (subscribed member)
Commander
Commander

Member#: 30

jk2silly is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View jk2silly's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 12:49 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

It is good to hear new music and some old favorites mixed in. I am right now listening to an excellent track from Deep Impact "Our Best Hope" that I have never heard before and I am loving it. Kudos to the requestor of this track and to Jeric for the longer no repeat time frame.
Lieutenant

Member#: 548

korkster is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website korkster's Favorites are Private
AIM Address MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 2:26 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Must add my 10c worth here too. I would even be happy with a more extended period, such as 1 every 10 days. There is SO much music here!! I dont know how many thousands of cuts we have, perhaps as many as 5000 or more, but I'll bet that 20-40 cuts account for more than 80% of the play time..could be as high as 50. So you figure that if there are 5000 cuts here, and 50 cuts dominate, we are constantly listening to only 1% of the music.

I think anything we can do to increase the diversity would be great!...the 1/4 days is a good start, but I would still love to have periods of the day when all we hear is new release cuts that JERIC gets in. Or maybe the system can interject a new cut every 5 requests? These have been talked about extensively in the chat and everyone seems to like the idea. Sponsors would LOVE anything that would increase new releases to be played, too, thus increasing revenue.

But all in all, Im glad we are getting more diversity...all I can say is MORE MORE!!!

kork

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 4:16 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks jk and korkster. You can see how many "cuts" we have on the stats page. I am considering raising the bar to 5 days soon. I'm using ROTK as a guidline. I want people to be able to at least have a requestable song from that album at all times. So far the variety has been great. And I like your idea about inserting a new track every X many songs. That is quite possible to do but requests will most likey have to be less frequent. I'm working on it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 3:23 pm   Post subject: New Script Running: Inserts New Songs in Queue Reply with quote

Every 10 songs a new song (added to the playlist withing the last 10 days) will be inserted in the bottom of the queue.

Let me know what you all think.

korkster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 548

korkster is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website korkster's Favorites are Private
AIM Address MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 9:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

JERIC..this is a terrific new addition!! Thank you!!

You should put a notice on the front page and tell people that.

I am all for more variety and hearing new things. Thanks again for your willingness to listen and respond to the user community!

Kotk

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 9:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that would make you happy. Smile

USA PeteC VIP (subscribed member)
Commander
Commander

Member#: 3796

PeteC is offline View user's profile Send private message View PeteC's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:44 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I said something about this is another thread. I have to back up Kork and actually would like 2-3 weeks but I know that won't be popular. There IS a lot here and people really need to hear it.

Very Happy
good as good. Herein lies evil.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: