StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

How have you discovered SST?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Netherlands Iwan_the_Blue
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 30168

Iwan_the_Blue is offline View user's profile Send private message View Iwan_the_Blue's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:02 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I had Sky-radio and others tuned on in my shop. The playlist was very random. Christmas-songs in july...I'm great fan of soundtrack. So I Googled soundtracks, found several. Almost none worked with my pc, but SST did. From that day on I have SST in my shop.
Ensign

Member#: 18694

Calaador is offline View user's profile Send private message View Calaador's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:13 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

in a night shift many years a go, i was sitting with a colleage in our Lab and waiting that our machines doing the work (when they did it, it was easy for us, but if they have problems...)
we talked about the music we like...

in this situation i learnd, that there are "radios over the web" he said, sending every music you want to hear...

so i start searching and one of the top findings in google was SST...
i tryed, and never go away Smile
Netherlands Dutchbat
Captain
Captain

Member#: 22196

Dutchbat is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dutchbat's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:56 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes work can be very revealing indeed.
Thanks for sharing Calaador

take a look at my collection: My album list
USA Sandle
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 30466

Sandle is offline View user's profile Send private message View Sandle's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:42 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I like listening to instrumental music while I am at work. I searched on windowsmedia.com for internet radio stations and among the genres was soundtracks + musicals. I picked SST as my first (and only) choice. I have enjoyed the very large selection of music and the added bonus of chatting with people from all over the world. Thank you!
Netherlands SiriusCreations VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 18704

SiriusCreations is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View SiriusCreations's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to hear that Sandle, maybe the next step in the bonus is meeting members at one of the gatherings.

Check out the dates and details on StreamingSoundTracks.COM Meet & Greet World Tour thread
USA Gert
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 2563

Gert is offline View user's profile Send private message View Gert's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhh... I'm going to guess I found here through Shoutcast. Probably was looking for classical stations. But I was around for a while before I registered. The past is murky, and I can't remember much more.
UK lulabelle
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 30959

lulabelle is offline View user's profile Send private message View lulabelle's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:37 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I found SST on Itunes. I didn't realise that there was a radio option Embarassed
I clicked on 'classical' because I sometimes listen to that sort of music. I then found SST.
I became interested when my favourite soundtrack came on (doctor who). I searched SST on Google and here I am.
I was interested in the fact that you could request online and the fact that there were others out there who also like soundtracks Cool
Captain

Member#: 22196

Dutchbat is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dutchbat's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what happens to a lot of people, lulabelle.
Many people do like soundtracks but don't know there's a internetradiostation dedicated to that and that provides music for world's largest community of soundtracklovers.
Mainly because of that SST is now starting up a promotiontour together with 'meet & greets' with other members and composers worldwide.
So if you ever want to meet with other members or with SST at events or concerts check the forum thread.

take a look at my collection: My album list
USA Starchilde7
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 29198

Starchilde7 is offline View user's profile Send private message View Starchilde7's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:27 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not really sure how I found my way here originally. I discovered you folks quite a few years ago - I think from a link through MilkandCookies.com. But I'm not sure. I remember setting up an account back then (under Starchilde), but then wandered off to do other things and never got back here until last winter. My wife regularly travels on weekends leaving me alone with homework and chores, and I needed something to listen to for "company." I remembered SST and joined up.

I'm VERY happy I did!
France Alchemist VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 4272

Alchemist is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Alchemist's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:10 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome (back) to SST then, Starchilde7 Very Happy Enjoy your stay here!
Switzerland duc
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 24103

duc is offline View user's profile Send private message View duc's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:47 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I found SST during my student research project about streaming media.
First i listen to Live 365... After that i landed on SST.
haribo
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 31697

haribo is offline View user's profile Send private message View haribo's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:56 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

when I first discovered that my computer could stream radio I put in soundtracks and Voila.Been a lurker for couple of years but did discover Lost and Battlestar Galactica and Last of the mohicans and realised there was a lot more to soundtracks than I originally thought ,since then They are what I mostly buy and love to track down the hard to find and rare
Netherlands SiriusCreations VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 18704

SiriusCreations is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View SiriusCreations's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:25 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

haribo wrote:
...since then They are what I mostly buy and love to track down the hard to find and rare

Welcome to SST and the Forums haribo. A little warning, before I was member of SST I had maybe around 5 soundtrack CDs. Now my 800th is on its way Wink
Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:54 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

A new soundtrack every two days (including holidays)! Nice average Sirius! Smile

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
USA maddog
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 5094

maddog is offline View user's profile Send private message View maddog's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Where people might know me more in chat and in requesting, they don't know me on here, so what a great way to start off by telling how I got here.

It's been so long I can't exactly remember the details, but here it goes. When I was a freshman in college, I was trying to find something that I could use as good study music, and since I am a huge movie buff I think I ended up doing a google search for soundtrack music and that's how I got here.

Now, I fell in love with the site, but it took me a while to get in the chat, which was probably around the academy awards when it was either nenya or lg who asked a question about the oscars and I jumped in and answered it.

And that's pretty much how it began, I think. But I've been hooked for a very long time. I miss seeing some of the old-timers on here though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: