StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Horrible songs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Canada Macmee
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 30903

Macmee is offline View user's profile Send private message View Macmee's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:46 am   Post subject: Horrible songs Reply with quote

40% of the time the music on SS in my opinion is lovely! 60% of the time I really hate it though!

I know this is just my opinion and everyone is entitled to their own opinion of course.

But awhile ago there was this REALLY horrible song about "lip sh**s" and then right now there was just one called "Down To The River To Pray" I mean, these are horrible! I can't stand them and I hate them quite a lot. Do people actually request these?

Also to add I thought SS wasn't supposed to have replays for atleast a week. But! There are ALWAYS songs I hear numerous times in a week, sometimes even a day.

by j2brown for language.
Netherlands Dutchbat
Captain
Captain

Member#: 22196

Dutchbat is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dutchbat's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:50 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

You gave the answer yourself already. Wink

take a look at my collection: My album list
Canada Macmee
Ensign
Ensign

Macmee is offline View user's profile Send private message View Macmee's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

You're saying deaf people really do request these songs :O
Canada Macmee
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wings of Honneamise - Royal Space Force - Ryuichi Sakamoto
Holy/Sacred Riikuni (1:0Cool

All it is is people going oh and bad organ, oh the pain!
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:14 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Coupla things, macmee.

First, I would direct you to this thread, where you can grouse about songs you don't like. However, there are rules for posting there you should read before you do, including that ad hominem attacks are not allowed.
http://www.streamingsoundtracks.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=3674&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Second, the word is "Lipschitz." It's a name, which actually listening to the song would have told you.

Third, from the info under your name, it seems you are new here. So maybe you're still getting used to the music mix here. However, if you find that you really hate the majority of the music played here, then maybe this is not the station for you. If you decide to stay, you're welcome, of course, but I think you might reconsider bashing the music tastes of those who share this station with you.
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 13205

Jim_A is offline View user's profile Send private message Jim_A's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:18 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Macmee,

SST has a lot of movie, television, and game music. You probably won't like all of it (there are several songs, musical tracks, etc. I don't care for,) but it is very diversified and by default is must remain that way. Some time ago, there were certain soundtracks removed, such as Purple Rain; although that may have happened due to its inclusion on the sister station that plays 80's music.

As for songs, tracks, etc. being replayed more than once every seven days, I'm rather sure this is rare, and when it happens, has to be supervised by not merely a moderator, but the proprietor of the web site.

You really shouldn't complain too much, because A) you will always hear music hear that you don't like, given the large amount of it, and because of the diversity of music, and B) you could be banned from the site, and I'm sure you don't want that.

There are other music sites on the web that play similar music. If you are a purist, perhaps you should try them out. Being a singular dissenting voice in a crowd just makes you look ignorant.

We appreciate your inclusion in our community, but please be more respectful. It is a forum for opinions and various topics, but trash talking the site will not be allowed. And it is very unlikely you will receive another warning.
USA BuyerQueen
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 89

BuyerQueen is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View BuyerQueen's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:56 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to LadyI and Jim_A for putting those things so eloquently.

On the subject of the same track being played more than once every 15 days. If you that happens please give us the track, artist and times it played. SAM is an automatic system and is 100% member requests unless no one is requesting, then SAM starts picking randomly.

We have several tracks that are Adagio, but we leave all the variations on here because they are not identical. TwoPop has worked diligently to remove all duplicate tracks on the site that were identical.

And you can always become a VIP so you can request more frequently and add things to the queue that you want to hear.

Please enjoy the music, but if you can't... I think the other members put it more politically correct than I ever could.

BQ
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:44 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been listening for months now so I wont stop doing that, the thread Lady linked to is perfect:

http://www.streamingsoundtracks.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=3674&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Thanks for that!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: