StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Star Wars original trilogy on DVD
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Norway Muriel VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

aw

Member#: 333

Muriel is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Muriel's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:02 pm   Post subject: Star Wars original trilogy on DVD Reply with quote

Finally! Very Happy
It was about friggin time though... and we have to wait all the way to september Confused It'll be worth the wait though

http://www.starwars.com/episode-iv/news/2004/02/news20040210.html
Aibeethoven
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 4775

Aibeethoven is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Aibeethoven's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 6:20 am   Post subject: Star Wars Reply with quote

I like the music from Star Wars, but I don't like the movies. So.........
korkster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 548

korkster is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website korkster's Favorites are Private
AIM Address MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 7:41 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I like them both, and my VHS tapes I taped from HBO or something are probably wearing abit thin, so those DVDs will be a welcomed treasure. We just got the Indiana Jones Trilogy this Christmas and that was a treat too!
USA Obi-son
Captain
Captain

Member#: 211

Obi-son is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Obi-son's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 12:49 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah damn it. now i guess i'll have to spend money on 2 sets. this one and the big box set that will have all of them. damn you Lucas Laughing
Cadet 1

Member#: 5059

UTD_Sage is offline View user's profile Send private message UTD_Sage's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 8:54 pm   Post subject: About time Reply with quote

If they put off the production of the original trilology any longer they are going to go the way of the Star Trek empire, and we all can see what's happend to that.
Gr81
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 5444

Gr81 is offline View user's profile Send private message Gr81's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 9:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

It's too bad it's just the special editions that were released in 1997.
malibu
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

Member#: 5470

malibu is offline View user's profile Send private message malibu's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, only the digitized, politically corrected, unnecessarily tweaked version will be released. I want the originals!
Hurr78
Commander
Commander

Member#: 5061

Hurr78 is offline View user's profile Send private message Hurr78's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 5:52 pm   Post subject: Regarding the Special Editions... Reply with quote

You know, as much as some of the changes that Lucus made in 97 annoy me (especially the butcher job on the soundtrack when Vader returns to his ship in TESB), I'm not inclined to complain. I mean, they're his movies... he created the franchise, and it's our tough luck if we don't like what he does with his own artistic possessions. I mean, put yourself in his place... if you were really bothered by some aspect of a work you did a long time ago, would you really care what anybody else thinks? Especially if they were all going to run out to buy it anyhow?
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 11:53 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason Lucas is coming out with the '97 release of the original trilogy now, is because work STILL continues on it.

They are STILL working on the original trilogy; making additional tweaks and etc.

The death of Ben Kenobi is to be tweaked. Apparently there will be a flash of light when he is struck down.

There will be scenes added on Alderaan before it is detroyed.

An older Hayden Christensen will be the face of Vader when he removes his mask.

And finally, but the most awesome of all, they're changing the "Han fires first shot" BACK to what it was. With Han firing first.
loveslave
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 98

loveslave is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website loveslave's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 10:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Cocles wrote:
And finally, but the most awesome of all, they're changing the "Han fires first shot" BACK to what it was. With Han firing first.

Hooray! Thanks, George! Now, if they would only make Jabba look like he does in epsiode VI too, then the movies would be just about perfect.
USA megadith
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 82

megadith is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website megadith's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 9:51 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I know i should not question the all-knowing Cocles, but where did you find all this information at??? <crinches in corner of room waiting for lashing> Very Happy
Cadet 3

Member#: 5470

malibu is offline View user's profile Send private message malibu's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:43 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurr78, yes but we, the viewers, are what made it as huge as it was because we loved it. Now he changes it and makes it the only available option? No, i at least want to have the option to buy the original (the one that made it big in the first place!).

(there are things about the new versions that i like better however, such as the sound encoding).
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 5:31 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

megadith wrote:
I know i should not question the all-knowing Cocles, but where did you find all this information at??? <crinches in corner of room waiting for lashing> Very Happy

I've heard it from various sources. And everything just kept adding up.

Corona's "Coming Attractions" mentioned it a couple years ago.

Comingsoon.com mentioned it a couple weeks ago.

Plus I hear things socializing with people who work in the entertainment biz.

You of course have to have your BS radar running at all time. But this got through. Sure some of the stuff I listed might not happen, because George Lucas can at any moment change his mind and have them tweak something else. But the fact remains that he's releasing the 1997 special editions on DVD because he's going to have an "ALL NEW" special edition set to release just a couple years later. (I'd guess in 2007 for the 30 year anniversary.)
graywolf
Commander
Commander

Member#: 2693

graywolf is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website graywolf's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 9:59 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But the fact remains that he's releasing the 1997 special editions on DVD because he's going to have an "ALL NEW" special edition set to release just a couple years later. (I'd guess in 2007 for the 30 year anniversary.)

You can see a demonstration of the ultimate power of the schwartz right before your very eyes...
UK mellowman
Captain
Captain

Member#: 2939

mellowman is offline View user's profile Send private message View mellowman's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:42 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it will be interesting to see what other stuff is bundled together with the trilogy released on dvd. If it's as comprehensive as the most recent releases of the soundtracks then they should be brilliant.

We can't get enough can we? I can't!

Mellow Cool

Incidentally - favourite Star Wars ST? Mine has to be the original - A New Hope
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: