StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Why are there no Rogers and Hammerstien

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Tiffiany
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 31427

Tiffiany is offline View user's profile Send private message View Tiffiany's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:54 am   Post subject: Why are there no Rogers and Hammerstien Reply with quote

Why no, South Pacific,Oaklahoma,Carosel ?
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:59 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiffiany, musicals are a contentious topic here at SST. If you look in the Request forum, you'll see plenty have been asked for, but few have been added. Yes, they're movie soundtracks, but some people really, really hate vocal. What gets added seems to follow no discernible pattern. If there's a specific soundtrack you want added, and you can make a really good case for it, set up a poll in the Requests forum and see what happens.
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 24518

Angel is offline View user's profile Send private message Angel's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

LadyInque wrote:
Tiffiany, musicals are a contentious topic here at SST. If you look in the Request forum, you'll see plenty have been asked for, but few have been added. Yes, they're movie soundtracks, but some people really, really hate vocal.

On that topic....
I wish they never added Fiddler On The Roof, I for one, really really really hate that one Twisted Evil

my soundtrack collection
USA Luther_III
Commander
Commander

Member#: 10621

Luther_III is offline View user's profile Send private message View Luther_III's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:41 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

SST does have Oklahoma! and The Sound of Music.

I think the idea is not to overwhelm the library with musicals. If you add Rodgers & Hammerstein, then you have to add Gilbert & Sullivan and Andrew Lloyd Weber, and Disney, and ... I think JERIC and the team have come to a workable compromise by adding just a few musicals.

Mr. Green

Last edited by Luther_III on Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total
USA circleprovider
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 4984

circleprovider is offline View user's profile Send private message circleprovider's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:47 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I wish they never added Fiddler On The Roof, I for one, really really really hate that one

Oddly enough, I heard the music for Fiddler on the Roof here at SST before I ever saw the movie. And at first, I couldn't stand it. After awhile though, it started to grow on me. And now, whenever I happen to catch the film while flipping through the channels, I will usually stop and watch - and solely because I like the music.
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:09 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I find Fiddler ferociously addictive when I catch it on TV. But I've always liked it. I've been in it twice, and for one of those productions, my dad played accordion!

Luther, I can think of only one Gilbert and Sullivan that would count as a sountrack, Pirates of Penzance, and to my knowledge, they never released one for it. Only the Broadway cast. What else is there?

And we already have Andrew Lloyd Webber, in Phantom and "Pie Jesu" form.
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 31427

Tiffiany is offline View user's profile Send private message View Tiffiany's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:45 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, yes I could see the point if you add one you have to add them all. I for "my own opinion" couldn't stand to hear "memories" from the cats musical.
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:27 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries. The song is actually called "Memory." Think what you will of the song, but someone must stand for getting the title right. I choose me.
Captain
Captain

Member#: 22196

Dutchbat is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dutchbat's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

LadyInque wrote:
I can think of only one Gilbert and Sullivan that would count as a sountrack, Pirates of Penzance, and to my knowledge, they never released one for it. Only the Broadway cast. What else is there?

for Gilbert/Sullivan music try requesting "Topsy-turvy" it's a score from the movie they made about those two men.

furthermore I think only the musicals that have been made films from are to be in the database. Btw. Also "Anna and the King" or "the King and I" are Rodgers/Hammerstein's.

take a look at my collection: My album list
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: