StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

SST Winamp Skin?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 1:52 pm   Post subject: SST Winamp Skin? Reply with quote

Version two, same reason.
Yvond
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 39

Yvond is offline View user's profile Send private message Yvond's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 2:38 pm   Post subject: SST Winamp Skin? Reply with quote

But try the MMD3 skin with Winamp 3---it rocks! And its layout is much, much better than the standard Winamp 3 default skin.

The nice thing about Winamp 3 is that there is a tremendous flexiblity in the layout of the skin you create, and you are not just limited to small tweeks, as with Winamp 2. So even though you may not like the default layout, you aren't tied to it, making the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages if someone is going to create a new skin for SST...
Yvond
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 39

Yvond is offline View user's profile Send private message Yvond's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 6:23 pm   Post subject: SST Winamp Skin? Reply with quote

Understood, but Winamp 3 also supports your minimalist, nocturnal, original, "classic" Winamp skin (just swtich it from "Default" to "Classic")...and all your favorite un-"Ark of the Covenant"-like Wimamp skins from 2.X as well.

Oh, and that should be silver1|darkblue for MMD3, not juicy|blue. juicy|blue is a cheezeball of a color scheme, but silver1|darkblue fits quite well with SST, I believe.
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 12:52 am   Post subject: SST Winamp Skin? Reply with quote

It has the classic skin? Interesting...
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 3:08 am   Post subject: SST Winamp Skin? Reply with quote

I checked it out, but I prefer a more minimalist "nocturnal" skin as I tend to work late at night in the dark and anything with white in it sears my retinas like the arc at the end of "Raiders".
Wolf
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 16

Wolf is offline View user's profile Send private message Wolf's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 3:14 am   Post subject: SST Winamp Skin? Reply with quote

I was quite a fan of Winamp 2 as well... until I tried out Version 3.0.

It is really cool and as Yvond is saying you dont have to stick to particular layout.

I personally use the skin called "Mercury" and there was a funny one from the same author called "Neptune" that was ok as well. (I dont know when the guy will do the rest of the planets... [Big Grin] Kidding)

What I like about those two is the fact you can make them very small so they dont take too much of your working space.
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 234

Postman is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Postman's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 3:02 am   Post subject: SST Winamp Skin? Reply with quote

I tried V3, but I think it is too slow in loading. Even on my Athlon XP1500+/512MB/blablabla...

So I stick with V2 which is perfect for me.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: