StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Friday The 13th tracks new rules
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA krazyormus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 50194

krazyormus is offline View user's profile Send private message krazyormus's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:13 pm   Post subject: Friday The 13th tracks new rules Reply with quote

Friday The 13th tracks from artist Harry Manfredini have new rules to allow for queue entry:
1. When actual date falls on a Friday the 13th
2. During the month of October

When current day is not during one of those events mentioned above the Last Played Date will reflect a date into the future that is really a "holding" date. That "holding" date is just a place holder until the next event happens to allow for tracks to enter the queue.

During those events mentioned above the normal 15 day waiting time rule will apply once a track has been requested.

-krazyormus
USA Grenadier
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 14592

Grenadier is offline View user's profile Send private message View Grenadier's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:15 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Bravo!
Netherlands 607
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 46975

607 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View 607's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:38 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!
I'm sorry for Resist, but I'm happy for those who are really bothered by the frequent unpleasant to listen to tracks.
And what a nice way to implement it. Smile
Germany DieTeeFee
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 36042

DieTeeFee is offline View user's profile Send private message View DieTeeFee's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:34 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

so all i need to do if i hate a soundtrack real bad is requesting it as often as possible, and have people complain about it a lot?

I do generally not exactly agree with what kind of music gets added to sst and what doesn't, but i think blocking music because some people don't like it is not the right way to go...
Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:44 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I think that finding bad music and requesting it a lot to annoy people is enough to give that music - let’s say - much lower requesting priority

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
Germany Victor
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 16087

Victor is offline View user's profile Send private message View Victor's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:27 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

So the other albums from "Friday the 13th" that are not by Manfredini can still get requested as usual?
USA Luther_III
Commander
Commander

Member#: 10621

Luther_III is offline View user's profile Send private message View Luther_III's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:15 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Well, this is a welcome surprise!

I would say that, all things considered, this was a very reasonable accommodation made by the moderators and administrators, and I thank you all for your careful consideration of the subject.

Mr. Green
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 4569

MojoPin is offline View user's profile Send private message View MojoPin's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Luther already said it rather well, so I will just add an enormous THANK YOU, ADMIN!
Netherlands Trigger
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 31753

Trigger is offline View user's profile Send private message View Trigger's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:44 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's outrageous that this is possible on SST and then I'm putting it mildly. I'm not talking about F13, but about the precedent that has now been set. If enough people dislike a song or disagree with a member's choice, it can be removed or banned for most of the year.

I thought SST was a community where everyone was accepted for who they were. How could I be so stupid? I'm not sure if I want to be a part of such a community.
UK Dragonel VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

aw

Member#: 21881

Dragonel is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dragonel's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Trigger

I also hesitated over this - I have firmly defended Resist's right to play whatever music he chooses but I am aware that these tracks do not irritate me to the extent that they do for many other people.
However, the complaints about Resist's choices have been happening for many years and he seems to have been unwilling to engage with the admins/moderators or anyone else about these choices. There has been debate that by now this behavior is a deliberate trolling of the complainers and I do feel that the moderators/admins are allowed to and indeed should act against behavior that is deliberately detrimental to the site.

The admins seem to have found a reasonable solution in limiting the times for playing the offending albums, in line with how a lot of tracks from different albums have been excluded from the site altogether, or Christmas albums are removed from SAM's sphere except in Dec. At the end of the day it is JERIC & the admins' decision on what is available to play and when.

So thank you, krazy , for finding a middle-ground solution.
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Grenadier is offline View user's profile Send private message View Grenadier's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Think of it this way: On almost any other site, such deliberate trolling would have been met long ago with a user ban instead.
Netherlands 607
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

607 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View 607's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:24 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Grenadier wrote:
Think of it this way: On almost any other site, such deliberate trolling would have been met long ago with a user ban instead.

You could argue that's better than putting a limit on an album!
I don't know, though. I'm mostly happy with this change; I do not fear it setting a precedent for other similar changes, because it seems that nothing similar to this incident has ever happened on SST.
I do sympathise with your worry, Trigger.
USA Grenadier
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:48 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

It's also not likely that other albums will get this treatment simply based on the amount of time it took for this action to be taken. The original thread complaining about the F13 requests is 5 years old. Given how long the deliberations on this case took, I doubt we'll see a flood of restricted albums.
Netherlands 607
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:59 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this some form of retaliation? :$
Italy Xalira
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 25119

Xalira is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Xalira's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:17 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Dragonel wrote:
Trigger
The admins seem to have found a reasonable solution in limiting the times for playing the offending albums, in line with how a lot of tracks from different albums have been excluded from the site altogether, or Christmas albums are removed from SAM's sphere except in Dec.

Uh, I had never noticed that Christmas albums are not around outside the Christmas period - if so I guess creating a 'Halloween list' makes sense.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: