StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Disabling Crossfading On Specific Tracks
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 9:32 pm   Post subject: Disabling Crossfading On Specific Tracks Reply with quote

I realize sometimes it can sound awkward when a track crossfades. One of the advantages of SAM2 is I can disable crossfading on certain tracks. List them here and I will disable them. Please give an explaination of why too.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Caliburn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 2:48 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean with awkard? SlowMo and I did Mo's combo again yesterday (Devil's Advocate Finale and the Imperial March) and we weren't quite satisfied with the result. The crossfader faded to soon to the March that is why we missed the Al Pacino's 'I rest my case'-part.

We were wondering if you changed the crossfader settings or something?

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 6:49 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Awkward meaning that is sounds weird during the transition to a new song. Like not being able to hear "I rest my case" at the end of a song. Wink

The crossfader changed with SAM2.

USA jk2silly VIP (subscribed member)
Commander
Commander

Member#: 30

jk2silly is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View jk2silly's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 11:11 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well not technically a problem with the crossfader I would like to suggest that there are tracks that belong together. In particular I am refering to 'Lucia di Lammermoor' and 'The Diva Dance' from The Fifth Element. If they can be joined as 1 request I know I will be a very happy camper.
Commander

Member#: 178

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 11:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

okay j/k so long as they don't go over 10 minutes and i'll be a very very happy camper Wink its a shame that these 13 minute songs are requested often and the short 1-2 minutes sometimes less are over looked because some people believe "it is a waste of a request if the song is short" Rolling Eyes
markinboone
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 316

markinboone is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail markinboone's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 8:29 am   Post subject: short tracks Reply with quote

This thread is veering off JERIC's original topic, but since it's discussed here already I won't start a new one... I too would like to see (hear?) more of the really short tracks merged together. Finding Nemo, for example has 40 tracks and only a few are longer than 2 minutes, with many in the half-minute range. Unless there's another chance to request full CDs, or many of these are merged into 3-5 minute tracks, it's unlikely we'll get to hear much of this ST.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 9:24 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a terrific point markinboone. Merging tracks is pretty time consuming though. That is the only problem. I do it from time to time. I even seperate tracks if they're too long sometimes. Feel free to post your merging/seperating suggestions in this topic and I will try to get to them when I can.

Caliburn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 9:48 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

JERIC wrote:
Feel free to post your merging/seperating suggestions in this topic and I will try to get to them when I can.

Do I have to propose the Lucia/Diva dance combo from the fifth element again? Cool
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 9:56 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I've proposed that one a number of times myself...

So has JK2Silly...

So you've got three old timers Jeric. What do you think?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 1:44 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, well this time I actually feel like doing it. There was a request for Gladiator too as I recall, don't remember which tracks though. I'll do The 5th Element soon and let you know when it is done in this thread.

markinboone
Ensign
Ensign

markinboone is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail markinboone's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 2:01 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. It is time consuming to merge tracks - I merged some tracks for the Richard III ST I donated earlier this year to tie short tracks together and to leave out the dialog tracks. Is that something that I or others could help you with if we own the original CDs too? Would we need an audio editor that uses the mp3PRO codec? Are there any other guidelines (like normalization percentage, preferred kbs rate)?
markinboone
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 2:08 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh... and a recommendation for no crossfade on Moulin Rouge Closing Credits track - it has a final exclamation cord that's never heard.
Kossian
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 1640

Kossian is offline View user's profile Send private message Kossian's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 10:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, i'll jump in here with my inquiries...You can disable crossfading on certain tracks with SAM2...can you also specify the "length" of the crossfade individually per track? Unless I missed it in another post, seems that you're limited to either "crossfade" or "no crossfade", and the former is one preset time for all tracks that crossfade.

If this feature isn't available, this might be a neat upgrade to the SAM2 software at a future date.

Now back to listening to some great music... Wink
Yvond
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 39

Yvond is offline View user's profile Send private message Yvond's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 6:44 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Disable it for "The Map Room and Dawn" under Indiana Jones and Raiders of the Lost Ark. There are very good subtleties that are completely lost at the end of the track... =P

Tks!
Icono
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 2339

Icono is offline View user's profile Send private message Icono's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 5:00 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if I sound like a noob since this is my first time here but why not just bring back the good old days and just disable crossfade all together.

They are so many songs that were marred because the beginning of it is "merged" with the one before it. How about implementing 50% of the time or a certain percentage rather than songs based.

Anyway, I gather there is a reason behind this policy change.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: