StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

The OrcheSSTra: The Sequel
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 

What should our ensemble arrange and perform next?
"A Major For 12 Frogs" from "Botanicula"
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
"Building The Crate" from "Chicken Run"
22%
 22%  [ 4 ]
"Comptine d'un autre été: l'après-midi" from "Amélie"
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
"Country Road" from "Whisper Of The Heart"
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
"Hoist the Colours" from "Pirates Of The Caribbean: At World's End"
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
"La Valse d'Amélie" from "Amélie"
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
The theme from "Mission Impossible"
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
"Shen Fa" from "Shenmue"
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Something from the "Final Fantasy" series
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Something from the "How to Train Your Dragon" series
22%
 22%  [ 4 ]
A medley of "Back To The Future" themes like "Marty's Letter" and the main theme melody
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
"Harry Potter" series medley
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
"The Pirates of the Caribbean" series medley
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Time travel theme medley
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Spy movie theme medley
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I think I have an even better idea, and I'm going to post it. If everyone agrees, we'll use it.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 18

USA Gert
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 2563

Gert is offline View user's profile Send private message View Gert's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:25 am   Post subject: The OrcheSSTra: The Sequel Reply with quote

Do you sing, play an instrument, or want to help with arranging or mixing? (Choral arrangers would be great!)

No professional-level skill or equipment? No worries! We can work with a wide range! Are you a professional and think this might be a quick, fun diversion? Welcome aboard!

Let us know specifically how you'd like to be involved (example: I, FakeUsername, have 14 clarinets and a theramin and can sing).

After that, send Elmer (arranger), SIN (mixer), or I (instigator) a PM so we can get you into the Google Drive for this project.

As of this posting, the final mix of the first project, an arrangement of "The Inner Light" from "Star Trek: The Next Generation" has been posted on SoundCloud.

So now we can start planning the next one.

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

I've created a month-long poll from all the song suggestions you guys have put forth thus far. This doesn't mean that if someone comes up with a SUPER great idea and people indicate their support for it in posts, we can't do that. Also, this can be a gauge for perhaps even a third or some other side project.

Attempts at vote-swaying in the thread is fair game!

As for how this will be run, stay tuned. The Brain Trust (Elmer, SIN, and I) are hammering out the last of those details. It will be similar but with a more defined framework and deadline scheme, as we better understand how things should work now.

Stay tuned!
Canada elmer856
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 27818

elmer856 is offline View user's profile Send private message View elmer856's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:54 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don’t play an instrument, but would like to be involved, take part in the poll for what’s next. You could be like a god, controlling the fate of others and having them do your bidding!!! ;p
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! This was mentioned in the older thread, but we're still happy to hear from everyone who wants to have a say. Feel free to comment or vote even if you don't want to or can't participate!
Netherlands 607
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 46975

607 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View 607's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

It was pretty hard to make one choice, for the poll. Razz Maybe allowing multiple options to be checked would be better, but I'm not sure if that's possible on SST.
Anyway, I would like to join again! I can most easily do piano. Still not at a very high level.
Germany Baghira
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 45913

Baghira is offline View user's profile Send private message View Baghira's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem choosing. Have now voted for the "PotC medley" because I love PotC. If i could i would also have voted for "Hoist the Colors" to reduce the working afford which is needed to write a medley, but to keep it PotC, and "Building the Crate", because i also really love that track.

And whatever is choosen in the end, i will be attending again too. It could be hard for me in case of Final Fantasy though Very Happy
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 36042

DieTeeFee is offline View user's profile Send private message View DieTeeFee's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:54 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you even do a potc medley without male vocals?
UK Dragonel VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

aw

Member#: 21881

Dragonel is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dragonel's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Very hard to choose when several of the suggestions were mine (and I want to pick some others too). Maybe we should do a "Super 16" set of polls instead where everyone just does preferences between choices A or B, choices C or D, then have a second round of A vs D etc

Alternatively, maybe we select the next two or three tracks we are going to do (assuming we survive that long!) and then do one "ready-to-go" one while someone works on a medley that'll take a bit longer.

In the end, I voted for Building The Crate because I thought it would be a nice complement to the existing Inner Light track.

PS - I only want to do something from HTTYD if I get to do dragon-flying noises in the background Wink
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

607 wrote:
Maybe allowing multiple options to be checked would be better, but I'm not sure if that's possible on SST.

It's not. Sad I thought about that too. I almost did a Google Form for it. Should have.

DieTeeFee wrote:
Can you even do a potc medley without male vocals?

I wouldn't think so, but it won't hurt to see who we get! Could have people sing multiple parts if the volunteers are few enough. Or mess with a vocoder?

Baghira wrote:
It could be hard for me in case of Final Fantasy though

What, as in you'd like to stay far away from it? Laughing

Dragonel wrote:
Maybe we should do a "Super 16" set of polls instead where everyone just does preferences between choices A or B, choices C or D, then have a second round of A vs D etc

So, like tournament bracket-style? Yes. That is better, and I wish I'd thought of it first. Thanks. Lemme work on that (probably a Google Form) and get back to everyone.

Dragonel wrote:
Alternatively, maybe we select the next two or three tracks we are going to do (assuming we survive that long!) and then do one "ready-to-go" one while someone works on a medley that'll take a bit longer.

That's not a bad idea. The runner-ups could work.

Dragonel wrote:
I only want to do something from HTTYD if I get to do dragon-flying noises in the background

That's the one we do when everyone hums their part, slightly off-tune.
Netherlands 607
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

607 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View 607's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:20 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely we can do male vocals? I don't know the source material in question, though.
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

aw

Dragonel is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dragonel's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:44 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Gert wrote:
So, like tournament bracket-style?

Smile Yes that's what I meant. I couldn't think of those ....um you know .... right word thingies .....

607 wrote:
Surely we can do male vocals?

I can't do male vocals unless I have a really bad cold *croaks in a deep voice* Wink
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 36042

DieTeeFee is offline View user's profile Send private message View DieTeeFee's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont think you can do the male vocals of PotC properly without actually being male... They are basically half of the epicness of the soundtrack ;D
Netherlands 607
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:00 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

So will we have a Google Form still?
I think a bracket-style tournament might be over the top, I had in mind the following:
First show the entire list, and just let people pick their favourites.
Then put the top five or so in another form, and specifically request that people listen to each track before voting, lest the most well-known track win automatically. Then once again allow multiple responses.
Maybe I am overthinking it. Very Happy
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

aw

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:17 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

We seem to have stopped getting any more votes and at the moment half the votes are for a medley or "something from ...".
Therefore I suggest we take BuildTheCrate as the next track (as something we can do fairly quickly) and then hold a second vote between the "something from" and "medley" options for a slightly more ambitious project to follow.

In line with that, I am willing to volunteer to try & pull together a medley on whichever soundtrack/series is picked. I'm definitely not capable of actual orchestration but I'm happy to help with finding which pieces will fit together.
Ensign

Member#: 46694

Conductor is offline View user's profile Send private message Conductor's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

If there is need, I can help out on whatever musically. Can record all brass for example, make the sheet music, send WAV files with VST's.... Only thing is I cant mix or master.

Seems like a fun project to break my regular work(flow). Most people here know already who I am and what I do.

"The best music is between the notes"
USA Gert
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:03 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

*Gert's gaze returns to the topic on hand* Whew... 2021's proving to be more IRL trouble than 2020. So, anyway:

Fee:
    Agree that it needs a four-part vocal component. I'll send PMs to a couple of male vocalists who were interested but couldn't participate last time.
Dragon:
    For this project, we'll go with the default forum poll. I've got a bracket poll in Google Forms set up for any subsequent projects. Looks like Building the Crate is probably the winner anyway. I will pop the link into chat every once in a while to see if we can garner a little more publicity before the poll ends.
607:
    Re: vocals: Is that you volunteering from way over there? Wink

Re: Google Form: I actually built one just after I talked about it. However, I've not had the chance to to address the forums/any project stuff again until now. We'll use the bracket system next time.
Conductor:
    Yeah! I was hoping you'd chime in! I actually don't know a lot about what you do, but those sound like great things for the project. What kinds of brass are we talking, here? Do you sing, too?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: