StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

The OrcheSSTra: The Sequel
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 

What should our ensemble arrange and perform next?
"A Major For 12 Frogs" from "Botanicula"
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
"Building The Crate" from "Chicken Run"
22%
 22%  [ 4 ]
"Comptine d'un autre été: l'après-midi" from "Amélie"
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
"Country Road" from "Whisper Of The Heart"
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
"Hoist the Colours" from "Pirates Of The Caribbean: At World's End"
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
"La Valse d'Amélie" from "Amélie"
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
The theme from "Mission Impossible"
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
"Shen Fa" from "Shenmue"
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Something from the "Final Fantasy" series
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Something from the "How to Train Your Dragon" series
22%
 22%  [ 4 ]
A medley of "Back To The Future" themes like "Marty's Letter" and the main theme melody
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
"Harry Potter" series medley
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
"The Pirates of the Caribbean" series medley
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Time travel theme medley
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Spy movie theme medley
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I think I have an even better idea, and I'm going to post it. If everyone agrees, we'll use it.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 18

Netherlands Conductor
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 46694

Conductor is offline View user's profile Send private message Conductor's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:56 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who cant play any instrument and/or are bit shy to sing you can chime in on a wonderfull instrument called the KAZOO !! I will arrange/orchestrate that in the pieces (no worries, wont be solo prominent :p )

So there is ABSOLUTELY NO reason anymore NOT to participate on this!

"The best music is between the notes"
UK Dragonel VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

aw

Member#: 21881

Dragonel is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dragonel's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Mockup sounds good, conductor, particularly the middle section.

But looking at the score sample, the soprano part goes higher than I've managed in the last decade or two, and the alto goes fairly low. So i'll practice getting down for the alto at the moment, but I might end up jumping between the two to stay in my meagre 12 note range these days.

Or maybe I will just opt for kazoo Wink
Ensign

Member#: 46694

Conductor is offline View user's profile Send private message Conductor's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Dragonel wrote:
Mockup sounds good, conductor, particularly the middle section.

But looking at the score sample, the soprano part goes higher than I've managed in the last decade or two, and the alto goes fairly low. So i'll practice getting down for the alto at the moment, but I might end up jumping between the two to stay in my meagre 12 note range these days.

Or maybe I will just opt for kazoo Wink

Tnx. As said, the stuff in de dropbox is just a first draft. Once the final version is there, you all will be notified. Nevertheless, happy studying and there is ALWAYS room for more kazoo Razz
Netherlands 607
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 46975

607 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View 607's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:34 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

When my fourth grade (secondary education) music teacher left, we all got a kazoo, and I was the only one in class who could not figure out how to use it. >.< Eventually I succeeded, though! We tried to play Pokémon music with it, but we didn't know all the voices.
Fun arrangement! No piano this time?
Austria Pez5069 VIP (subscribed member)
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 49361

Pez5069 is offline View user's profile Send private message View Pez5069's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:30 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

After a long time I visited the forum again, there is already sheet music! Oh my goodness! Shocked I had to install Dropbox first. Then I have to see where I can find my place with my accordion. I'll get to work right away. Wink
Canada elmer856
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 27818

elmer856 is offline View user's profile Send private message View elmer856's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 9:53 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey All,
Hope you are all well and life is getting back to normal. I know it's been that way for me, more than I would like at times! Wink
I have to admit, I have not been here in a while, but this project has been on my mind. I have reached out to Conductor, but have not heard anything back. I hope life has gotten back to normal and Conductor is just busy and is well. Has anyone heard from Conductor?
In the meantime, I am going to arrange a piece from How to Train your Dragon. It may take me a month or two to get it all done and ready for you to play, so plenty of time for new players. Smile
Lieutenant

607 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View 607's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 6:31 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Pez5069 wrote:
After a long time I visited the forum again, there is already sheet music! Oh my goodness! Shocked I had to install Dropbox first. Then I have to see where I can find my place with my accordion. I'll get to work right away. Wink

I thought that was 'just' a draft?[/code]
Austria Pez5069 VIP (subscribed member)
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 49361

Pez5069 is offline View user's profile Send private message View Pez5069's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 7:43 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

607, You're right, after installing the dropbox I realized it, we have to wait a little longer. Wink
USA Gert
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 2563

Gert is offline View user's profile Send private message View Gert's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 12:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I offer my apologies for being a deadbeat, re: the forum/OrcheSSTra. Life happened hard and other things hijacked the top of my priority list.

I'm amazed and glad that you wonderful, talented crazies are still up for this, and I'll try to be around a little more. Things aren't quite back to normal for me yet. Whatever normal will turn out to be.

Conductor: Holy wow, that's a heck of an arrangement. I would wholeheartedly love to play that for regular concert band, let alone one on the internet! Your work is appreciated, and you are definitely in the field you belong. I hope we hear back from you if life allows.

Also I love the kazoo idea. This is likely all I'll be good for in the next couple months as Gertlungs have mutinied again. Unless Sin55 is okay with autotuning coughs.

Or, I'd be equally curious to see what Elmer comes up with and we can have fun doing that too!
Germany Baghira
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 45913

Baghira is offline View user's profile Send private message View Baghira's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 12:11 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes. I am still thrilled to play whatever you guys arrange. Sadly i was away for a longer period lately and so can't say whats on with conductor. And i hope you guys are or get well soon!

For my unexperienced view the arrangement conductor made as a draft might do for a tryout, or is it flawed?
Ensign

Member#: 45913

Baghira is offline View user's profile Send private message View Baghira's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:03 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

heyho all.
anything about this? Shall we try to restart in autumn then people start to stay at home in the evenings?
Lieutenant

elmer856 is offline View user's profile Send private message View elmer856's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:45 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Baghira et all!
I've been working a lot lately, and still plugging away at the arrangement. When I'm getting close to being finished I will let everyone know so the can dust off their instruments and be ready to play. Wink Hope everyone is happy, healthy and enjoying their summer/winter depending on which hemisphere you live!
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:15 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Everyone,

If you've given up hope of having another piece to play, that's my bad and I apologize for that. I have news! I am nearing the finish line of this arrangement and it's time to get ready. I have a few bars left to finish up then a good proofreading. By the end of next week there will be parts for people to play. I've arranged Forbidden Friendship from How To Train Your Dragon.

If you are still interested in playing please send an email to soundtracknerds@gmail.com and we will add you to the list!

Look forward to hearing from you!
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:40 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

elmer856 wrote:
Hello Everyone,

If you've given up hope of having another piece to play, that's my bad and I apologize for that. I have news! I am nearing the finish line of this arrangement and it's time to get ready. I have a few bars left to finish up then a good proofreading. By the end of next week there will be parts for people to play. I've arranged Forbidden Friendship from How To Train Your Dragon.

If you are still interested in playing please send an email to soundtracknerds@gmail.com and we will add you to the list!

Look forward to hearing from you!
If you prefer, instead of emailing, you could PM me and let me know what instrument you want to play and I could send you a link to access your part. 🙂
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:32 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, lovely!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: