StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Our aniversary wishlist for JERIC
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA jk2silly VIP (subscribed member)
Commander
Commander

Member#: 30

jk2silly is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View jk2silly's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 11:11 am   Post subject: Our aniversary wishlist for JERIC Reply with quote

As the aniversary of SST rolls around, (Aug. 19th) it occurs to me that there is no one place on the forums that allows us the users to voice what we would like to see developed in the SST site. What I would like to do here is create a list of all the additions, deletions, and modifications of features to the SST site. there will be no dictate on Jeric to do ANY of the things that might be suggested here, that's why they call them suggestions, and there will be no time frame promised or implied for the completion of any of these suggestions. I would like to look again at this with the next aniversary (2004) and see what changed and what remained the same.

Suggested rules:
1. It would be best if we were as specific as possible with your thoughts and descriptions of the features that we are either looking for or want changed.

2. Let's try to keep it realistic. Dedicated 128k Ogg streams for all registered users would be sweet but not feasable.

3. Please do not be afraid to offer your services to Jeric in any changes that you feel you could personally help with. The worst he will do is say "No thank you.", and I am pretty sure he will not bite. Wink

I'll start off here:

In the next year I would like to see a timer that tracks the time since your last request that would stick itself to the top of your page.

I would also like to see added to the database a "time last played" field so that when the system selects songs it would always go for the oldest song first and then move up the line as it requests. This could allow some of the more obsure songs to be played more often.

I welcome your comments and additions to this list.
Commander

Member#: 178

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 11:37 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay here it goes....

1.) I would like to have the option to request from the main page again, and have the request system be an enternal operation. Wink

2.) I would also enjoy a SST winamp 2.90 skin. Wink hint hint to your programers.

3.) And can we add just a bit more funky vibe? Not too much though, the newbies may get scared. Razz

4.) Maybe cal can brew up the offical sst beer. Very Happy

Thats it from me right now... Lunch on the brain is making it hard to think.
Caliburn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 1:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Legolas wrote:
4.) Maybe cal can brew up the offical sst beer. :D

Hell yeah! :D

Okay my "suggestions"

I got the feeling the random playlist is not that random. But that can probably not be helped that is probably up to SAM.

I like to see the FAQ a bit more update. It still got stuff like 128k and 24k streams. Quite confusing for new people. I also would like to see more info about ogg and mp3pro in the FAQ too. New ones cant really find the forum or are too afraid to look in it.

I like to see the "View posts since last visit" link in every thread of this forum. I know it is possible my mate Tokepi/NeKo has done it with an other forum. Easier to read all the new messages, save me a couple of clicks.

I personally dont like all the popular songs on scores like 'We dont need another hero" from Mad Max 3 and "Everything I do" from Robin Hood etc. I would like for them to be removed from the request system. If you want to listen to tracks like that go to a 80s radio station or something like that. This is a score station for Pete's sake! If I can't request Enya or Lara Fabian that is a sacrifice I am willing to take :-)

Well my two eurocents.
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 5:26 pm   Post subject: Re: Our aniversary wishlist for JERIC Reply with quote

jk2silly wrote:
In the next year I would like to see a timer that tracks the time since your last request that would stick itself to the top of your page.

I would also like to see added to the database a "time last played" field so that when the system selects songs it would always go for the oldest song first and then move up the line as it requests. This could allow some of the more obsure songs to be played more often.

Both of these suggestions have alrady been made. (Maybe one was in the chat.) What I don't want to see are people reposting suggestions from other threads here and expecting us to respond to them all over again. (We already have enough newbs asking for the same things over and over and over...) If you're just posting them here for archival purposes then dandy! I just don't want the newbs reading this thread and wondering "Why aren't those jerk admin's responding!?" Maybe when we repost suggestions we can also post the original thread where the suggestion was made and discussed in length.

And with that, on to the suggestions!

As I've said before, the timer is doable... but you're going to see the queue flooded with people who are now requesting every half hour, on the our.

As for the randomizer doing "time last played"? This would make the playlist play in the exact same order every time through with requests being the only variable to change the randomizers order every time around.

legolas wrote:
1.) I would like to have the option to request from the main page again, and have the request system be an enternal operation.

2.) I would also enjoy a SST winamp 2.90 skin. hint hint to your programers.

3.) And can we add just a bit more funky vibe? Not too much though, the newbies may get scared.

4.) Maybe cal can brew up the offical sst beer.

Requesting from the main page would be good. Jeric's already adressed that suggestion elsewhere in the forum.

As for the skin? Hey, we're asking. But no one's stepped up to the plate yet with a finished product.

Funkyvibe? Heh, ANY amount of funkyvibe scares the newbies these days (they just don't make 'em like they used to). Unfortunately, they also don't really react beyond looking like a deer trapped in headlights. (Which isn't to say I'm not gonna crank it up anyway. Wink

Dutch beer? Ewww! Have SlowMy do it, he's Belgian.

Cal wrote:
I got the feeling the random playlist is not that random. But that can probably not be helped that is probably up to SAM.

I like to see the FAQ a bit more update. It still got stuff like 128k and 24k streams. Quite confusing for new people. I also would like to see more info about ogg and mp3pro in the FAQ too. New ones cant really find the forum or are too afraid to look in it.

I like to see the "View posts since last visit" link in every thread of this forum. I know it is possible my mate Tokepi/NeKo has done it with an other forum. Easier to read all the new messages, save me a couple of clicks.

I personally dont like all the popular songs on scores like 'We dont need another hero" from Mad Max 3 and "Everything I do" from Robin Hood etc. I would like for them to be removed from the request system. If you want to listen to tracks like that go to a 80s radio station or something like that. This is a score station for Pete's sake! If I can't request Enya or Lara Fabian that is a sacrifice I am willing to take Smile

Something could probably be done to randomize the playlist more.

As for the FAQ we already discussed these two points in length via ICQ. I've already explained in length why I'm not doing one, and I've already enacted the other, so why am I seeing this popping up here?

I would definitely like to see a "View posts since last visit" link in every thread.

As for POP songs, I'm the first to say get rid of them... however, the two songs you listed tend to not bug me as much because their themes can be heard mixed in throughout the score. They're more than just "thrown on the disk for marketing". But if you all can't stand them I wouldn't complain.

Personally, I'd love to get rid of the songs where the singer just blatantly can't sing! Some of the "Ghost in the Shell" chants, not to mention Gollum's song. They're OFF KEY!
Caliburn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 3:52 am   Post subject: Re: Our aniversary wishlist for JERIC Reply with quote

Cocles wrote:
Dutch beer? Ewww! Have SlowMy do it, he's Belgian.

Aaaaah no heineken mate? :-) And indeed, Belgian beer is waay better.
Cocles wrote:
As for the FAQ we already discussed these two points in length via ICQ. I've already explained in length why I'm not doing one, and I've already enacted the other, so why am I seeing this popping up here?

Because I still don't agree. :-) We only discussed the 128k and 24k part iirc. I like to see the ogg and mp3pro in faq. Maybe not even in your faq but in Jeric's listen faq. I got a suspicion that lot of people are listening to 22kHz because they don't know what mp3pro is. In some cases they dont like the quality and will stop listening and another potential contributer has left the building.
Trilobyte
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 58

Trilobyte is offline View user's profile Send private message Trilobyte's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 11:42 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

How about a dedicated section for full length (200 wrds or more) soundtrack reviews? We already have a huge collection, so a reviews section makes SST more complete.

More so than winamp skins or SST merchandise, a reviews section can reaffirm SST's status as a serious soundtracks website. It also gives the site more personality.
Commander

Member#: 30

jk2silly is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View jk2silly's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 6:15 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Trilobyte wrote:
How about a dedicated section for full length (200 wrds or more) soundtrack reviews? We already have a huge collection, so a reviews section makes SST more complete.

I like that. Sort of an addendum to the forums soundtrack section. Listener reviews and rankings of soundtracks. It would let uthers know how liked a ST is and also ecourage more people to rate. It would also tie in nicely with dedications that I have heard Jeric speak about as a possibility for the site.

Good suggestin Trilobyte. Very Happy
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 6:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes... I like Trilobyte's idea too...

But more so than an addendum to the Forums, I see it as more another feature of the playlist.

Click on playlist.. find your favorite soundtrack... and besides being able to request any currently available song, you can read reviews written by other listeners.

Sweet.
Caliburn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 6:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Cocles wrote:
Yes... I like Trilobyte's idea too...

But more so than an addendum to the Forums, I see it as more another feature of the playlist.

Click on playlist.. find your favorite soundtrack... and besides being able to request any currently available song, you can read reviews written by other listeners.

Sweet.

I see it as a addendum (weird word) to the rating system. A comment section why you give a particular soundtrack that rating. Like the comment section of the surveys. You can explain why you chose a certain option. But that can be combined with Cocles option.
USA Legolas
Commander
Commander

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 11:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a little addition. I once heard the man talk about it himself once, so really this idea is for everyone to drool over.

Jeric's page. Wink Where he can update it every so often with his favorite albums. Oh and you can also request from tha page as well... Who better to have a personal rating page then the man who owns every album out.

NOW DROOL!
FrozenHan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 440

FrozenHan is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View FrozenHan's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 11:33 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool idea to Drool.

Go Jeric page!
We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.

--Tyler Durden
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 12:50 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, I'm even drooling. Smile This is something I'd like to do when I get more time. I have some other surprises in store, so keep drooling! Very Happy

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
USA Legolas
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 4:33 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

OH goodie I love surprises. The best part is guessing what they are... So let me guess, you are planning on having a party and you are enviting some of the regulars to join in the fun... Razz

Guess number two.... morglum is coming back, to fight cocles in a real life gladiator event that will be aired here on jericvision.... Twisted Evil

Oh well i am sure they will be good. Wink
SlowMo
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 29

SlowMo is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail SlowMo's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 7:48 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

How about sending a reminder mail to users that have been away for far too long.. Like me! Embarassed

From any other site, I'd consider it as spam, but from SST, I would be honored to get mails like that...
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 10:51 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SST! JERIC YOU ARE A GREAT FATHER, BE PROUD OF YOUR LITTLE ONE... Time for teething. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Ideas All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: